Poll

Who wins the finals

The Cavs
22 (19.3%)
The Warriors
92 (80.7%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: Poll: Who Wins the Finals  (Read 18915 times)

Re: Poll: Who Wins the Finals
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Warriors.  5 games.

I expect Thompson to be over the concussion protocol before the series begins.  The extended wait is a really good thing for the Warriors in that sense.

The Warriors have only lost a handful of games at home all season long.  They're the far deeper and much more versatile team, and have a matchup advantage at every single position except SF.  Barnes and Iggy is as good a defensive tandem as LeBron could face.

While the Cavaliers are as mediocre a Finals team as we've seen in a while, the Warriors are a historically great team (looking at what they've done in the regular season and through 3 rounds, anyway), that led the league on offense AND defense this season. 

All signs point to a decisive Warriors victory.  Last year, the Finals ended in 5 games, and this matchup is even more lopsided.

The Cavs could put Shumpert on Curry and LeBron on Klay Thompson and the Warriors still have the depth and balance to score against the Cavs.  LeBron is exhausted, Kyrie is significantly limited, and I just can't begin to believe that an NBA team is going to win a title in this day and age with J.R. Smith as the 2nd or 3rd offensive option and Tristan Thompson as the most talented big man on the active roster.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Warriors break out the brooms and sweep. I get a TP if I'm right.

I will give you a TP now anyway for the boldness of your prediction.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 05:05:19 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Cavs in 6 or 7.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 05:19:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Cavs in 5 or 6 (probably 6).  I think the Cavs go with the Grizzlies very physical up in your face style of play and just do it better than the Grizzlies.  I don't see the Warriors doing much against Lebron and think the Cavs have the necessary pieces to stifle Curry. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 05:20:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Not sure if the Warriors are that good or we hate the cabs that much. Warriors really should win with there ridiculous depth and home court.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Cavs in 5.

Warriors should win this series because they're the best team. but this is the NBA...so the Lebroids'll win.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I'm honestly mystified by the Cavs picks.

They've got LeBron, and LeBron's great, but this Warriors team is something else.

The Grizzlies are a much better team than this Cavs team, and they lost three straight to the Warriors.  The thing with this Warriors team is that they were the best defensive team in the league.  Their success is predicated, first and foremost, on aggressive, versatile defense.  They are not going to lose because of an inability to handle a physical style of play.

The difference between playing against the opponents the Cavs have faced and going against this Warriors team is like going from swimming in the shallow end of the pool at the YMCA to swimming in the ocean during heavy surf conditions.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Warriors in 6.

This is a legit, physical, & deep basketball team. Kerr is not an idiot, either.  Add a banged up Kyrie & the Oracle home court advantage to that mix?  I like the Warriors chances.

Of course if Dellavedova goes in Tonya Harding mode again....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 05:55:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Golden State, I do not root for teams outside our conference that often but when I do LeBron is involved.

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 05:59:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Part of me wants the Warriors to put David Lee on the floor with the sole purpose of brutally taking out Delly. 
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 06:03:43 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Bogut + Green = no paint for Lebron (assuming he pass Barnes). That means we'll see a lot of Lebron's jump shot, which is the perfect strategy to beat him.
GS in 5

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2015, 06:06:58 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Warriors in 6.

This is a legit, physical, & deep basketball team. Kerr is not an idiot, either.  Add a banged up Kyrie & the Oracle home court advantage to that mix?  I like the Warriors chances.

My thoughts exactly. Curry's teenage-boy legs look like they'd about snap off with one Dellevedova scissor-leg move. And JR Smith backhanding his bobble-head like head could really have an impact.

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
TP!
For thread  ;)

""
I predict the Cavs James and his Diva Squad win in  " 7 games "

I would love to see Warriors win......I dislike the Cavs organization more than James .....

But Frankly I still think Warriors are the underdogs .........as long as James is healthy ....Irving will be back , Smith is shooting well and Shump is play n well.   I think they are too much for the warriors.

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
By mind: Cavaliers in 6. LeBron James 6 NBA finals appearances and knows what to expect. Experienced in the finals. He will play PG, SG, SF, PF, and C and torch Curry and Thompson alive. And ofc, Kyrie, J.R., Shumpert, and T. Thompson are big contributors. It's the 2-2-1-1-1 format, and the Cavs will wrap this up on their home floor. There's no Texas team stopping LeBron this time.

By heart: I really want the Warriors to win, but in 7.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The Warriors actually have people who can guard James.  Nobody on the Cavs can guard Steph and Klay.  Mozgov and Bogut is essentially a draw.  Warriors have a much better bench than the Cavs.  I say Warriors in 5.