Author Topic: Justice Winslow's Height  (Read 10215 times)

Re: Justice Winslow's Height
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Sure, but all his other tools are outstanding. Stats are outstanding after recovering from injuries early in the season. Dominated high level competition on both ends. I think he's more likely to go #3 than to go #9.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 10:22:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is a major red flag that reeks of tweener, won't scare Ainge though.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 10:51:16 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Look at Crowder. I think he's only 6'6" in shoes but he's able to play the 3 and 4 due to his strength. I mean, I'd prefer someone with Jeff Green's measurements at the 3, but sometimes attitude and skill matter just as much if not more than the measurables.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 12:12:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Everyone on here seems to be IN LOVE with him, as far as wanting to trade up take him with the fourth pick. He measured at 6'4.5". That's combo guard size, not small forward, let alone a stretch 4. Emmanuel Mudiay is taller than him at 6'5" for god's sake! I love Winslow's game, but not that height. I think we would cringe every time Lebron posts Winslow up and hits that faraway jumpshot over him.
That's Tony Allen size and Tony Allen did just fine.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
First, mudiay hasn't been measured without shoes and his with shoes height is 6'5". Justice Winslow is 6'6.5" with shoes. Thus Winslow is probably taller.

I think he fits better as a 2 were he had plenty of size, but he may be a little small to play the 3.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Size matters, but some guys play big, and some play small. Pierce is able to play power forward effectively at the end of his career because he plays big. Chris Paul and Kyle Lowry play big, but they are both under 6'. Kevin Garnett was 7'0 but when he took it inside, any contact threw him off. Some guys just have it, and most don't

This is a man's league. Most guys games deteriorate when the defense gets physical, especially in the playoffs. Winslow overpowered guys much bigger than him. He showed over and over that he can force contact, create space, and finish over bigger players. Not many college guys come into the league with skills to play bully ball. This kid clearly has those skills.
Exactly my point. Winslow was successful in college because he was able to create contact and finish. He won't be able to do that against bigger, stronger NBA players.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 08:53:47 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
You have to be careful about height in sneakers vs height barefoot.  Winslow is 6'4.5" barefoot and 6'6.5" in sneakers.  Mudiay is 6'5" in sneakers. 

To put it in perspective, Pierce is 6'6" barefoot, so he's only 1.5" taller than Winslow.  Plus Winslow has long arms with a 6'10.25" wingspan and a respectable for small forward 8'8.5" standing reach.

Draftexpress has the measurements for most players.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justise-Winslow-7190/

But how tall are they in heels??
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 12:32:12 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
You have to be careful about height in sneakers vs height barefoot.  Winslow is 6'4.5" barefoot and 6'6.5" in sneakers.  Mudiay is 6'5" in sneakers. 

To put it in perspective, Pierce is 6'6" barefoot, so he's only 1.5" taller than Winslow.  Plus Winslow has long arms with a 6'10.25" wingspan and a respectable for small forward 8'8.5" standing reach.

Draftexpress has the measurements for most players.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justise-Winslow-7190/

But how tall are they in heels??
That depends. Are you talking kitten heels or stilettos?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva