Author Topic: The Celtics need to build through the 2015 draft  (Read 11155 times)

Re: The Celtics need to build through the 2015 draft
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Crazy to think that they're are kids graduating high school this year who weren't even born the last time the Celtics were below the cap.

Crazy to think that there are people likely commenting in this very thread who weren't yet born.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 11:34:32 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Is David West an example of a player snubbing the Celtics?

If so I doubt it had to to with Boston itself but just current
differences between Celts and Pacers.

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
well yeah, if we can't trade our mediocre guys for proven players or sign any free agents, then of course we'll build through the draft.

Isn't that a given ?

You really wouldn't sign DeAndre Jordan if he agreed to come to the Celtics? He's only the first team NBA defensive center lol.

The whole point of drafting guys like Upshaw and Mickey (who you love this week) is on the hope they become 50% of what DeAndre Jordan is....

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:22:34 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Considering that nobody builds anything useful exclusively through the draft ...

Uh, no.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2015, 05:36:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
well yeah, if we can't trade our mediocre guys for proven players or sign any free agents, then of course we'll build through the draft.

Isn't that a given ?

You really wouldn't sign DeAndre Jordan if he agreed to come to the Celtics? He's only the first team NBA defensive center lol.

The whole point of drafting guys like Upshaw and Mickey (who you love this week) is on the hope they become 50% of what DeAndre Jordan is....

Jordan is going to want 17-20 mill a year. Somebody will prob give that to him. And i hope its not the Celts

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Considering that nobody builds anything useful exclusively through the draft ...

Uh, no.

Like the Blazers, Thunder, or the Sixers (1/3 of the people here seem to think they can)?

Or the Bulls, Pacers, Wizards, Jazz who have at least two of their best three players from drafting.

Sure none of those teams have won a title recently but only 2-3 have quality management.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2015, 05:50:03 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

Isn't that a given ?

Jordan is going to want 17-20 mill a year. Somebody will prob give that to him. And i hope its not the Celts

You wouldn't pay Jordan 20 million of a 108 million salary cap?
He's the best defensive big man in the NBA.
I guess we'll agree to disagree.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Isn't that a given ?

You wouldn't pay Jordan 20 million of a 108 million salary cap?
He's the best defensive big man in the NBA.
I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I was all for signing Jordan and making him the face of the franchise, then listening to Sirius, had my kind changed.  Jordan, albeit one of the best defensive players is somewhat of a liability on offense.  The Clips didn't run their offense through him and he was sat late in games due to his liability at the free throw line.  I'm now going to have to pass on him.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2015, 07:51:29 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Uh, no.

Like the Blazers, Thunder, or the Sixers (1/3 of the people here seem to think they can)?

Or the Bulls, Pacers, Wizards, Jazz who have at least two of their best three players from drafting.

Sure none of those teams have won a title recently but only 2-3 have quality management.

I rest my case.

Ainge didn't acquire all of these picks to make them.

Sorry, draftniks. It's not going to happen.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Myles Turner and Upshaw.....But do not forget about next year's draft....you know the ones where we have all the picks.

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2015, 12:52:50 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
You don't Win anything in this league with Mediocre to Good Players..ask Atlanta...you NEED Stars...I doubt Ainge wants to build through the draft, so we can squeak into the playoffs.

Use all these Picks to Move up, or trade out-- is the best strategy....Get Stars Get Stars Get Stars.

You win by injuring other teams star players....ask Atlanta.

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2015, 12:54:54 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Make Zeller spend the entire summer shooting threes.
That would help.

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2015, 01:58:33 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
You don't Win anything in this league with Mediocre to Good Players..ask Atlanta...you NEED Stars...I doubt Ainge wants to build through the draft, so we can squeak into the playoffs.

Use all these Picks to Move up, or trade out-- is the best strategy....Get Stars Get Stars Get Stars.

You win by injuring other teams star players....ask Atlanta.

they still couldn't beat the cavs without 2 of their 3 stars injured.

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:56 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Crazy to think that they're are kids graduating high school this year who weren't even born the last time the Celtics were below the cap.

Crazy to think that there are people likely commenting in this very thread who weren't yet born.
now THIS is an incredible trick. i dont even want think about HOW these folks managed to post while not yet being born. sounds painful for the mom.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva