Author Topic: Wade, Heat have significant difference in contract negotiations  (Read 1920 times)

Re: Wade, Heat have significant difference in contract negotiations
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 10:20:32 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
it'd hurt Wade more than Miami considering his health

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:26:47 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Have to disagree: it would hurt Miami more so than anything. Pushing your players to take less and "sacrifice for the team" only to turn around and screw over your franchise player? After just losing LeBron? Good luck getting other marquee free agents to trust you and sign in South Beach.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 12:28:42 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Maybe we could sweep in and take Wade this summer? He's a bit long in the tooth, but would certainly attract another FA like Love and get our rebuild jump -started. I would just love to stick it to Riley.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:35 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Wade can go to **** for all I care.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:02:54 PM by 86MaxwellSmart »
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 01:47:48 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Maybe we could sweep in and take Wade this summer? He's a bit long in the tooth, but would certainly attract another FA like Love and get our rebuild jump -started. I would just love to stick it to Riley.

I know a lot of Celtics fans have a lot of hatred, and dislike him. But I would absolutely love to bring in Wade.

Does anyone remember 2006? The year he averaged 16 FTA per game? Let me put it this way in terms of how crazy it is to have accumulated that many free throw attempts versus the Mavericks in '06. James Harden led the playoffs with 11.1 FTA, and Wade averaged 16.6 in the '06 finals.

Now he doesn't do that anymore. In fact, the reason why I love Wade back then, and now; is his ability to adapt and change his game to suit his nagging injury history, and function more as a finesse player. Hes taking more floaters, more post ups, and taking more carefully deviating shots. Hes not getting to the free throw line as much, but hes scoring 21.5 PPG, 1.2 SPG, 4.8 APG, and 3.5 RPG.

Hes doing it in under 36 minutes.

In his first season without LeBron since 2009-2010, Wade is averaging 21.6 points on 31.9 minutes per game—which is equivalent to 24.4 points per 36 minutes, or 0.5 points per 36 more than his career average of 23.9.

He's also shooting 48.1 percent from the field, which is only slightly below his career average of 49.1.

In other words, Wade is still putting the ball in the basket at the same level of efficiency. The volume has decreased only because his minutes have as well.

In terms of his tactical approach, the only real difference between then and now is that Wade has improved his touch around the rim, thereby eliminating the need to draw contact and put his body at constant risk.

Wade has always been the high rising, and dunking in your face type of player in the past. But he has shown that like all great HoF players, if you don't adapt, then you simply die down. Wade refused to die down, and has worked on weaknesses in his game, and worked it to a T.

I would throw some money at him, and see if he would like to try to go for a ring. I still think a healthy Wade is a top 10 SG. And having any player that is top 10 in any position is extremely important. I would go as far as to say Wade has been one of the most underrated shooting guards of all time, especially on the passing end next to Ginobili.

Possibly sign and trade one of our bigs in KO or Sully for Wade.

I know its blasphemous, but bring in Pierce. Pierce and Wade would be the perfect complimentary veterans that still got some gas left in the tank, and mentor our young players.

Either way Wade was one of the most dominant finishers and dunkers in the game, especially on a fast break, next to Vince Carter. I feel like players like Wade, Bryant, Dirk, Duncan, KG, etc, all have something to give to the younger players in terms of molding and showing them the right steps to succeed in the NBA.

I would like to think a healthy Wade with plenty of rest for the playoffs, is a important piece, and that complimentary Allstar. If Love came here, I would try to bring in Wade/Pierce, and immediately try to find a Center.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 01:54:29 AM »

Online Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

That would be a coup for DA, I'd be all for it. You could argue that Wade's might have stuck around for too long in Miami anyways, the scouting report on how he operates in the offense must be a mile long.

Some times it's good to see in what ways a player can operate in a new system. Pierce for example has benefited greatly from changing his game up to more of a stretch 4 late in his career.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 02:03:20 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I hate Wade but guy helped that franchise as much as he could to win all their rings. Sure he is very selfish now but that is how some get when they want the fruits of their labor. Heat should be paying him at the very least 18 million per for another three years. He may not be worth it on the court but he took pay cuts earlier and got LeBron there and helped with 3 rings. They owe him.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 02:21:37 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
And this is why the "superstars take less money to win" approach was never going to last.  Wade's complaining now but the only thing saving the Heat from crippling themselves with that max contract for Bosh is how much the salary cap is going up.

Mike

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 02:48:49 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
And this is why the "superstars take less money to win" approach was never going to last.  Wade's complaining now but the only thing saving the Heat from crippling themselves with that max contract for Bosh is how much the salary cap is going up.

Mike
Yet the league is meant to be that way. As in having two max $ stars limits your team. The idea is every team has just two stars and things are then competitive. Heat got away with friends wanting to play together and they took pay cuts. Now it's time to pay up or take a step back in team talent. Heat should just pay up.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 03:55:25 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I just wonder what Wade thinks he's getting in the open market, or from what team.  He played really well when he was healthy this year, but he hasn't played even 70 games in a season since 2010, and he's 33.  Maybe LeBron can tell Cleveland to sign-and-trade for him using Brandon Haywood's contract.  Otherwise, I think Wade is already on the team that values him most.

Since I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, he has a $16.5 million player option for next season.  Does anyone really want to go 3 years, $60 million for someone who's 34 next January, who's game is built on physicality, and who has a long injury history?  Because that's what Wade thinks he should be getting.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:19:50 AM by saltlover »

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 07:20:53 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I just wonder what Wade thinks he's getting in the open market, or from what team.  He played really well when he was healthy this year, but he hasn't played even 70 games in a season since 2010, and he's 33.  Maybe LeBron can tell Cleveland to sign-and-trade for him using Brandon Haywood's contract.  Otherwise, I think Wade is already on the team that values him most.

Since I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, he has a $16.5 million player option for next season.  Does anyone really want to go 3 years, $60 million for someone who's 34 next January, who's game is built on physicality, and who has a long injury history?  Because that's what Wade thinks he should be getting.
I agree especially for this offseason.  There are only a few teams that have the cap space to give him $20mil.  None of them, even the Lakers or Knicks, make much sense this offseason.  Wade should pick up his option and try free agency next season when there will be a lot of teams with a lot of cap space.   

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 08:46:20 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I know a lot of Celtics fans have a lot of hatred, and dislike him. But I would absolutely love to bring in Wade.

Does anyone remember 2006? The year he averaged 16 FTA per game? Let me put it this way in terms of how crazy it is to have accumulated that many free throw attempts versus the Mavericks in '06. James Harden led the playoffs with 11.1 FTA, and Wade averaged 16.6 in the '06 finals.

Literally one the last super stars I would ever want here. I have more respect for Kobe and Lebron.

I do remember 2006. Gilbert "two-guns" Areneas was an MVP candidate, the glass bodys of Yao Ming and Tmac were still making Houston fun, Toine was contributing to a championship team, and heck even Eddy Curry was having a great year.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 09:25:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
2006 will have been a decade in the past if/when Wade leaves Miami.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 09:26:47 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
How funny would it be if Wade said a big F-U to Miami and signed in Cleveland for 1 year at MLE money (with the hopes that he would get a huge contract next summer from Gilbert).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip