Author Topic: Let's build the Warriors Eastside  (Read 23879 times)

Let's build the Warriors Eastside
« on: May 28, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Did you know that the new generation Power forward in the NBA is 6'5.75" tall? Well it's true his mane is Draymond Green. Myself included sometimes get too caught up in measurables. This guy has covered Dwight Howard, Anthony Davis. James Harden. You name it. One of my favorite players in the NBA. And He and Klay Thompson and obviously Steph Currry are all under 6'6" tall without shoes. Barnes is 6'7" without shoes.
 What's the point? Get a couple really good Center\ Rim protectors. And surround them with multiple skilled guys that can defend, handle, rebound, shoot and drive kick. Looking at our roster we have a long way to go. Jimmy Butler would be a great start. Smart and Thomas could be a part of this type of rebuild. Turners game fits besides the shooting.

Let's see some examples of the Warriors East.  It's going to take some time. But you got to start somewhere. Here we trade Bradley because he cant dribble or pass well enough for a two guard, for Jerian Grant, the best passer not named Russell in this draft. I'd take Looney, closest thing to Draymond in this draft.

Looney
 Jimmy Butler
 Marcus Smart
 Jerian Grant

It's a start. Looney will be extremely valuable as time goes on. Draymond Green avg 3 points per game his freshman year. And although Green is much tougher. Looney will have a similar impact in a couple of years mark my words. His rebounding, defense, he will guard multiple postions. And he has range on his shot. Just no low post game. This team will need more shooters but we have assets to get them, and we still have Isaiah, Kelly, And James Young on the roster.

If you don't like this team post your version Maybe with Love instead.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 08:20:04 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Let's build the Warriors Eastside
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Step 1:  Get an MVP-caliber elite scorer

Step 2:  Get an elite defensive big man (preferably one who is 7 feet tall and makes the all-defense team)

Step 3:  Fill out the roster with lots of top-tier starters and so much depth that you can leave an all-star big man rotting on the bench.

Step 4:   Warriors Eastside, baby!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Step 2:  Get an elite defensive big man (preferably one who is 7 feet tall and makes the all-defense team)

Step 3:  Fill out the roster with lots of top-tier starters and so much depth that you can leave an all-star big man rotting on the bench.

Yup, let's get the #7 pick and draft the greatest shooter of all time, who also happens to be a great ball-handler and finisher.

Then, we'll draft one of the best 5 or 6 shooters in the league with the #12 pick, a guy who also happens to be a really good defender with the ability to cover 3 positions.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Who are some extremely skilled players we can bring in here. Curry one of the most skilled players you'll ever find. Barnes is a fantastic scorer and shooter, Klay amazing skill as a shooter and he defends, rare find.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Who are some extremely skilled players we can bring in here. Curry one of the most skilled players you'll ever find. Barnes is a fantastic scorer and shooter, Klay amazing skill as a shooter and he defends, rare find.
Typically extremely skilled players can't be had.

Kevin Love is probably the most talented player via free agency... we have a tiny shot at him.

We don't have the assets to trade for any even if they were available. 

If we got lucky with our tank job last season, we could have landed Wiggins... he could develop into that.  That would have just been step 1, though.      Minny seems to be adding Step 2 with Townes.   Now they just gotta fill out the rest of it, have lots of luck, and hope it all fits together.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Come on guys. I know your kidding but hey, they drafted guys other temas passed on with all there players. There is no top 5 pick on there team other than Bogut, Who they signed. So let's get bold and try to find the next Thompson, Barnes or Curry.

I do think Cameron Payne is very skilled. Not really the position we need but throw that out that window if he's a difference maker. Reminds me of Lillard. Come on guys give me one name in this fraft who we could go get!

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

here, let's save even more time and effort. get five HOF quality players in their prime. count championship trophies.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I would prefer not to wait 40 years between Finals appearances, thanks.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I really liked steph curry coming in and thought he was being really underrated that draft but now people are saying i was just reading he is the greatest shooter ever.  These same people were probably the people underrating him before.  Now he's overrated imo. Best shooter ever?  Come on.

He's definately up there and top 5 elite all time probably. But guys like Bird and Ray  Allen and Jerry West might have a bit to say about that.

He's having a great season and probably his best season as a team. Bird like dominated teh league every year at godlike levels. 

Some guy actually wrote that though. I can't write it.  How can anyone even write that other than looking for attention? Why am i even commenting on that at all?  Why do people that stupid live in this world?

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, I was going to post a slightly less sarcastic version of this.  It's not easy finding a Curry + Thompson + Bogut + Barnes + Green + great bench.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 03:52:49 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Honestly I underrated the hell out of Curry. I never thought he'd be more than an undersized shooting guard in the league...he's proven me so wrong and is one of my favorite players.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 03:56:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
I really liked steph curry coming in and thought he was being really underrated that draft but now people are saying i was just reading he is the greatest shooter ever.  These same people were probably the people underrating him before.  Now he's overrated imo. Best shooter ever?  Come on.

He's definately up there and top 5 elite all time probably. But guys like Bird and Ray  Allen and Jerry West might have a bit to say about that.

He's having a great season and probably his best season as a team. Bird like dominated teh league every year at godlike levels. 

Some guy actually wrote that though. I can't write it.  How can anyone even write that other than looking for attention? Why am i even commenting on that at all?  Why do people that stupid live in this world?

That last paragraph of naval gazing is pretty astonishing. I look forward to reading your newest chapbook of Nietzschean prose.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 03:57:38 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Curry is a very good player.  We don't have a shooter like that.  He's also having a great season.  Putting him on Birds level is silly to me though. Bird used to play down to teams during the regular season and hit clutch shots just to win games when they needed it. It's not even the same. Curry is playing all out this year and is a really great shooter no doubt.

I dont see how we would build that way though because we dont have a player like Curry.  He is that team. They have Draymond and Klay but most of that team plays off Curry.  He's the guy there.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Bird is also one of the most romanticized figures in the entire NBA. Particularly around here (no surprising).

If you look at anything approaching evidence, there's an argument in Curry's favor.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 04:04:49 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100

There is a difference between saying someone is the best shooter ever and the best player ever. Bird was a better overall player than Curry (so far), but Curry is absolutely the best shooter I have ever seen in my life. No one has ever been this efficient on this kind of volume with the 3 ball. It's just insane, especially considering the degree of difficulty of his shots. He's currently a career 44% from 3 on 6.5 attempts per game. This year he was a 44% 3PT shooter on 8.1 attempts. This guy would be shooting 50%+ from the 3PT line if he shot at the volume Bird shot at.

Different eras, I know, but in the modern NBA, no one touches Curry when it comes to shooting. Ray Allen smashed the record for 3s in a season with the modern 3PT line in 05-06 with 269 threes. Since that time, Curry has had seasons with 261, 272, and 286 3s. I have no idea if Curry will have the longevity to beat Ray's 3PT total for his career, but there's really never been someone so potent in their prime.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:11:21 PM by DarkAzcura »