Author Topic: Let's build the Warriors Eastside  (Read 23777 times)

Re: Let's build the Warriors Eastside
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 05:11:16 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'm not romantizing him.  The game was different back then.  Bird was much more a clutch shooter.  He was a full grown man that way playing a kids game. He was so clutch and ice that way it was ridiculous.  It's not romantizing him if it's true. He really was that way. Most times when bird shot it you knew it was going in.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/romanticize

In birds case the point is it's not really romanticizing although maybe it is. But just look at the benches of opposing teams as Bird would shoot it sometimes.  It's just true. Yeah I love Larry Bird.  But truth and romanticize can be one in the same sometimes.

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Lets get back on track now. Curry vs Bird thread. Nonsense! Bird would have choked Curry outside after the game thrown him in the dumpster and blamed in on Laimbeer. Sadly Curry would have died from the Bird attack. And Larry would have gained more shooting prowess thanks to the sacrifice to the basketball Gods. The End.

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Getting back on topic. The point is, this may be the new way to build a team. One Center and guards slash Draymond Green.

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 05:18:21 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Bird is also one of the most romanticized figures in the entire NBA. Particularly around here (no surprising).

If you look at anything approaching evidence, there's an argument in Curry's favor.

Isiah... is that you?

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 05:21:14 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Adorable.

I'm not diminishing Larry Bird by saying that Steph Curry is arguably a better shooter. I do happen to agree somewhat with Isiah's statement about Bird's immense popularity being augmented due to his whiteness, but that's another discussion for another thread.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 05:26:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Well in order for GSW to have that team they had to draft very smart. We have no chance at making a GSW team by next year or the year after. What we need to do is get rid of the role players that can fetch us assets and draft players we have scouted throughout the year or years.

Also we should take on undesirable contracts for picks again. Maybe do that this summer and next.

We should have a record that is bottom 1-7...still being competitive but playing our picks and the guys teams dump on us.

Maybe we have the next Klay Thompson 2.0 in James Young. I think the top 3's next year will be better than Barnes IMO....esp Ingram. Smart could be Chauncey Billups type. If we draft Turner and Upshaw we could have a very good front-court.

.......THEN WE SIGN THE BIG PLAYERS ALA ANTHONY DAVIS :)

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 05:49:04 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Adorable.

I'm not diminishing Larry Bird by saying that Steph Curry is arguably a better shooter. I do happen to agree somewhat with Isiah's statement about Bird's immense popularity being augmented due to his whiteness, but that's another discussion for another thread.
Reading this post made me dumber.

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 06:03:19 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Step 1:  Get an MVP-caliber elite scorer

Step 2:  Get an elite defensive big man (preferably one who is 7 feet tall and makes the all-defense team)

Step 3:  Fill out the roster with lots of top-tier starters and so much depth that you can leave an all-star big man rotting on the bench.

Step 4:   Warriors Eastside, baby!

The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 06:33:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Adorable.

Just trying to bring you closer to our status quo.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Adorable.

I agree with this , there is a reason that Nash got those MVP's as well , and it has nothing to do with actual performance on the court.
Larry Bird is most favourite player of all time,I travelled half way around the world to see him play in the old Boston Garden. Have around 140 of his playoff games in my collection.250 regular season games as well.
Bring on the hate, the League needs white guys to market to the Fans, heck even Bird has said so himself.
Just a tad over rated in my book.

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 06:59:39 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Bird is also one of the most romanticized figures in the entire NBA. Particularly around here (no surprising).

If you look at anything approaching evidence, there's an argument in Curry's favor.

::)

I hate to rain on your parade, here, but you do realize that as incredible of a shooter that Bird was  in the NBA that he was actually much better in college?  Ask Jackie Mac if you don't believe me.  He severely injured his right index finger during a game of softball before his rookie year, and to this day it cannot bend straight. 

Therefore, given his already ridiculous shooting numbers in spite of that injury, can you imagine what he would have shot, percentage-wise, without it? :o Even if you don't take that into account, Bird is the better shooter, but when you factor that in, it's not even an argument.

Curry is a much better ball handler, sure, although people tend to drastically underrate Bird's ability to create his own shot, but that doesn't make him the greatest of all time in said category.  Is he an all-time great?  Yes, but he's not even the best shooter in the history of his own franchise.  Has everyone forgotten about Rick Barry?  I hate the guy, personally, but he was incredible.  He's not better than Jerry West, Steve Nash, or, as momma there goes that man ::) has said in comparing Curry to guys from the past, Mark Price, and Price had the ball handling, quickness and speed that Curry could only dream of, and Mark's release was probably the quickest of all time. 

Don't forget about Pete Maravich or Joe Dumars, either, and Joe not only had a great handle, but was a fantastic shooter, except, unlike Steph, he could actually guard people, and some of the toughest guys in the league, I might add, and we haven't even gotten to Reggie Miller, Drazen Petrovic, Ray Allen, and Dirk, yet .  Curry is certainly among the best shooters of all time, but he's not at the top of the list.  At least, imo.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:51:48 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 07:06:40 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
ahh first it's "let's be Atlanta"!!! now it's "let's be Golden State"!!!

how 'bout we go be a team that's won something?

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Adorable.

Just trying to bring you closer to our status quo.

Forget it kid. When it comes to Latin nomenclature you are out of your water.
Same when it comes to your writing.

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
@Beat LA
Yeah, but Bird is white, so if you like Bird it must be because he is white, therefore you are a racist.
Anyway, TP to you to have the patience to answer with arguments.
I'm out of this thread.

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 07:23:45 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
ahh first it's "let's be Atlanta"!!! now it's "let's be Golden State"!!!

how 'bout we go be a team that's won something?
tp.