Author Topic: Will NY trade the #4 Pick to Denver?  (Read 3227 times)

Re: Will NY trade the #4 Pick to Denver?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 08:26:30 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not sure the Triangle is outdated. The Warriors certainly have some Triangle in their sets. The Lakers won a chip not long ago using the Triangle.

I do agree that it requires certain players, but there are plenty of facilitating bigs and sharpshooters in today's game that would make it a feasible offense.

It's not.  Funnily enough, even though it goes away from more traditional players and positions (true point guards, especially), it does put a premium on shooting and spacing ;). How about that, lol ;D?

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 08:31:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I could see the following two trades involving Denver.

Knicks get Kenneth Faried
Denver gets no 4 pick

Kings get Ty Lawson
Denver gets no 6 pick and Darren Collison.

Denver becomes the Sixers of the West.

As for the Knicks, I could then see them going after Greg Monroe and having a front court of Faried and Monroe to go with Melo.

I think you must have left something out from NY's side. If most think they wouldn't trade the #4 for Lawson and Faried, then I can't imagine they would trade it for just Faried.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 08:57:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Denver gets no 4 pick

Kings get Ty Lawson

As for the Knicks, I could then see them going after Greg Monroe and having a front court of Faried and Monroe to go with Melo.

I think you must have left something out from NY's side. If most think they wouldn't trade the #4 for Lawson and Faried, then I can't imagine they would trade it for just Faried.

I think a lot of people here are overvaluing the 4th pick.  From all indications, the 4th pick will be Mudiay who could be just as much of a bust as he could be a star (guess you could say that about any draft pick.)

I think the Knicks getting a very solid player in Faried for the no 4 pick is a very fair trade for both teams if Denver is looking to rebuild.

If I am Denver, why on earth would I trade both Faried AND Lawson for one draft pick which may or may not pan out?

I don't think Mudiay ends up becoming the next Magic Johnson.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Denver gets no 4 pick

Kings get Ty Lawson

I think the Knicks getting a very solid player in Faried for the no 4 pick is a very fair trade for both teams if Denver is looking to rebuild.

No, not really. Especially because Faried isn't "very solid." He's a very flawed role player who might be better served coming off the bench. He's got no real offensive game, is too small to play center, and isn't a good defender. He's purely hustle and athleticism. That's not worth a top lottery pick.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 09:54:18 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

Denver gets no 4 pick

Kings get Ty Lawson

I think a lot of people here are overvaluing the 4th pick.  From all indications, the 4th pick will be Mudiay who could be just as much of a bust as he could be a star (guess you could say that about any draft pick.)

If I am Denver, why on earth would I trade both Faried AND Lawson for one draft pick which may or may not pan out?

I don't think Mudiay ends up becoming the next Magic Johnson.

In my opinion Faried is not as good as Sully. Zach Lowe agrees. New York won't trade the fourth pick unless they get a very good player or very good picks.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 09:59:25 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
No way Faired is worth a forth pick....LOL ....what dream world is that happening ..wow ....smh

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 10:26:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I say we trade Sully for pick #1, then AB for pick 5. Next we turn around a trade Zeller for the 6th pick. Now we package pick 1, 5, 6 , and 16 for Joakim Noah.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.