Author Topic: Thibs fired according to Yahoo  (Read 7554 times)

Re: Thibs fired according to Yahoo
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 05:09:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It has been few seasons now that I notice the Bull's organisation made some little moves to cut cost.
It looks to me, that the owners don't have the "win it all" mentally, or at least it is not their priority.
I'm suspecting this is a business and it has to be very profitable at all cost.
So, as long as they keep their fans buying tickets and jerseys till the second round of the playoff each year, they are ok with that.
Am I overthinking it?

No, you're 110% correct.

Indeed, the Bulls ownership has a well-established reputation at this point.  Like I said earlier in the thread, I'd have very little hope as a Bulls fan until the team changed hands.  Until that happens, they're just gonna stick around in the "dreaded middle."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 05:27:42 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Broussard reports that Thibs is strongly considering a return to the defensive coordinator position with Cs.
That would be so odd.

Odd and awesome. 

From http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12890745/tom-thibodeau-tenure-chicago-bulls which gives decent insight into the situation in Chicago.

"Thibs was a big part of our team, truthfully," Paul Pierce said, looking back on the time Thibodeau was an assistant coach with the title-winning Celtics. "You learn his passion, man. His defensive techniques he gave us. I think he really started a defensive mentality in me with his presence when he was in Boston. ... He loves the game, man. He loves the game. He'll work 24/7 to give you the best."

Thibs is a very good coach and a tireless worker.  He'd be a great presence for our young players if he's willing to take a backseat role to Stevens.  I'm certain we'd improve defensively with him on board. 

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 05:31:01 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
This is assuming that Thibs, like Doc, has more tricks up his sleeve than a system the entire league has adjusted to in the last decade or so.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 05:43:48 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm thinking Thibs has an agenda if he comes to Boston.
Remember what Brad said in his interviews regarding analytics? He said he talk with Thibs about that and Thibs answered "yeah, we used to call that statistics".
So I'm speculating here, Thibs has his 9mil in the pocket already, why not take a year off and learn from a young genius coach how he used those analytics and improve his coaching ability in order to be a better coach for next year?

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2015, 06:25:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd love to get Thibs back as assistant coach. But I don't think he takes that step back with so many openings right now.

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'd love to get Thibs back as assistant coach. But I don't think he takes that step back with so many openings right now.

Well, we don't know that either. Maybe he and his family just want to stay in the east and he's looking for a main coach job in DC, NY, Brooklin, etc... so while waiting, learning analytics in Boston make sense.

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2015, 08:05:50 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Philly should call him. Give him a long term contract. Only problem is that he will start winning, and that will kill their GM's strategy, LOL.

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2015, 08:48:21 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Broussard reports that Thibs is strongly considering a return to the defensive coordinator position with Cs.

Any proof?

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/