Author Topic: Thibs fired according to Yahoo  (Read 7551 times)

Re: Thibs fired according to Yahoo
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 02:48:45 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Thibs should only have about 20 teams interested in his services....Who were probably waiting for this to happen.

If he wants to coach....He'll be an NBA head coach before game 1 of the Finals..

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Thibs should only have about 20 teams interested in his services....Who were probably waiting for this to happen.

If he wants to coach....He'll be an NBA head coach before game 1 of the Finals..

6ers should go after him and start dealing their assets for players of his choosing. That way he can try and stick it to Bulls inside their conference. He would only see them twice as a Pel and he wouldn't ever have the opportunity to knock them out of the playoffs unless both teams meet in the finals. I would be messy like that if I was Thibs.

If I'm Raptors I clear the way for him too. This would probably be even better for Thibs.

All based on "take that!" bc Pels might be the best place.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:00:22 PM by ImShakHeIsShaq »
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Thibs really wanted to stick it to the Bulls, he should sit out for the rest of his contract so that Chicago has to pay all of it.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 03:22:49 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Wow Lakers are having a great off season

Posted this in the other thread, but it looks like LA may not go after Thibs.

@ramonashelburne  3 minutes ago
The Lakers had interest in Thibs LAST year. Now I'm told they are very happy with Byron Scott. Kupchak even went on record w/ this last week
We should trade Stevens for Scott for one year, just so we can tank properly.

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 04:34:50 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Always though Thibs was overrated honestly. His teams always collapse with injuries and fatigue come the playoffs. He runs his guys into the ground. That works in a college season but over 82 games it can really hurt a guy's career.

Surprised there's much interest in him honestly as a HC

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 04:37:38 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
It has been few seasons now that I notice the Bull's organisation made some little moves to cut cost.
It looks to me, that the owners don't have the "win it all" mentally, or at least it is not their priority.
I'm suspecting this is a business and it has to be very profitable at all cost.
So, as long as they keep their fans buying tickets and jerseys till the second round of the playoff each year, they are ok with that.
Am I overthinking it?

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 04:51:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-greenberg/post/_/id/938/bulls-could-have-shown-more-respect-with-statement-on-thibodeau

Reinsdorf's statement:

“The Chicago Bulls have a history of achieving great success on and off the court. These accomplishments have been possible because of an organizational culture where input from all parts of the organization has been welcomed and valued, there has been a willingness to participate in a free flow of information, and there have been clear and consistent goals. While the head of each department of the organization must be free to make final decisions regarding his department, there must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone's ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private. Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization -- staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture. To ensure that the Chicago Bulls can continue to grow and succeed, we have decided that a change in the head coaching position is required. Days like today are difficult, but necessary for us to achieve our goals and fulfill our commitments to our fans. I appreciate the contributions that Tom Thibodeau made to the Bulls organization. I have always respected his love of the game and wish him well in the future.”

Sounds like Thibodeau was unwilling to work with / follow preferred direction of the front office and ownership.

Given that, it is an understandable decision to fire Thibs despite his success as a coach.

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 05:22:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Isn't that in like 3 months?

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It has been few seasons now that I notice the Bull's organisation made some little moves to cut cost.
It looks to me, that the owners don't have the "win it all" mentally, or at least it is not their priority.
I'm suspecting this is a business and it has to be very profitable at all cost.
So, as long as they keep their fans buying tickets and jerseys till the second round of the playoff each year, they are ok with that.
Am I overthinking it?

No, you're 110% correct.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Chicago Bulls are not winning any championships unless they have a player named Michael Jordan on their team.

Ya can't win with Rose sorry to say.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Chicago Bulls are not winning any championships unless they have a player named Michael Jordan on their team.

Ya can't win with Rose sorry to say.

Yup!    That ship with Rose as the center piece has sailed. 

the Bulls stand to loose players who believe in Thibs ........

I don't see the Bulls replacing him with a better coach?

I see their break up .....as a killer blow to that program.

If I am Butler ......I want OUT of Chicago

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 10:14:22 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-greenberg/post/_/id/938/bulls-could-have-shown-more-respect-with-statement-on-thibodeau

Reinsdorf's statement:

“The Chicago Bulls have a history of achieving great success on and off the court. These accomplishments have been possible because of an organizational culture where input from all parts of the organization has been welcomed and valued, there has been a willingness to participate in a free flow of information, and there have been clear and consistent goals. While the head of each department of the organization must be free to make final decisions regarding his department, there must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone's ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private. Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization -- staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture. To ensure that the Chicago Bulls can continue to grow and succeed, we have decided that a change in the head coaching position is required. Days like today are difficult, but necessary for us to achieve our goals and fulfill our commitments to our fans. I appreciate the contributions that Tom Thibodeau made to the Bulls organization. I have always respected his love of the game and wish him well in the future.”

Sounds like Thibodeau was unwilling to work with / follow preferred direction of the front office and ownership.

Given that, it is an understandable decision to fire Thibs despite his success as a coach.
except that there are numerous reports that Thibs actually did what they wanted.  He limited minutes, followed practice plan suggestions, etc.  I've heard one report that Noah was so limited in practice that him and Pau never played together except in games, which is why they had no chemistry.

Also, Thibs is very close with Jeff Van Gundy.  If JVG is really interested in the Pelicans, Thibs won't put his name for that job.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 04:49:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Broussard reports that Thibs is strongly considering a return to the defensive coordinator position with Cs.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 04:51:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Broussard reports that Thibs is strongly considering a return to the defensive coordinator position with Cs.
That would be so odd.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 05:07:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

This would make sense only if he is thinking he'd like to hang back from being a head coach this year in the hope that better heading coaching opportunities will come along next year (e.g. the Lakers, or perhaps coaching Wall & Durant on the Wizards).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain