Author Topic: Thibs fired according to Yahoo  (Read 7547 times)

Re: Thibs fired according to Yahoo
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 01:04:32 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
At least they're doing it now so he can actually have a shot at the other coaching vacancies in the league. 

There were rumblings that they were going to hold off until the vacancies were filled just out of spite.

Aren't they off the hook for the remainder of his contract if another team picks him up? That would have been millions of dollars worth of spite.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
At least they're doing it now so he can actually have a shot at the other coaching vacancies in the league. 

There were rumblings that they were going to hold off until the vacancies were filled just out of spite.

Aren't they off the hook for the remainder of his contract if another team picks him up? That would have been millions of dollars worth of spite.

Yeah, they only have to pay him the difference if his next contract doesn't at least equal what he's getting from Chicago the next two years.  He could be spiteful and sit them out.

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 01:24:15 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yup.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 01:29:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

The Chicago Bulls organization is notoriously cheap.  While I'm sure the front office would love to have stuck it to Thibs,  and probably floated that rumor just to bust his chops there's no way the ownership would've paid that tab.

I'm hoping that same cheapness  makes them not match an offer for Butler but there's no way that
happens unless Butler tells them he wants out(he was one of Thibs' guys), then maybe we get him in a S&T.

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 02:04:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If I were a Bulls fan, I would have very little hope for my team until there was a change of ownership.

Having a terrible coach or GM is one thing -- you can hope for the guy to get canned, eventually.

Ownership can stick around for decades, even if the owner is awful.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 02:07:14 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If I were a Bulls fan, I would have very little hope for my team until there was a change of ownership.

Having a terrible coach or GM is one thing -- you can hope for the guy to get canned, eventually.

Does a coaching change increase the possibility of a roster turnover in Chicago? Not a rebuild, but a retool, perhaps?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Does a coaching change increase the possibility of a roster turnover in Chicago? Not a rebuild, but a retool, perhaps?

I'd certainly explore what I could get for Noah if I was Chicago (upcoming expiring).  They seemed to have reached a plateau but I certainly wouldn't blow it up either.

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

I think it'll be the opposite. That they believe a different coach can get more out of their cast of players. So I'd say the rebuild / retool is on hold for another year.

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 02:15:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

I'd certainly explore what I could get for Noah if I was Chicago (upcoming expiring).  They seemed to have reached a plateau but I certainly wouldn't blow it up either.

My mind went straight to Noah, too. I am sure the Bulls want to retain Butler. Rose is going nowhere. Mirotic and Gasol likely stay. Gibson could still be the guy they move to save some money.

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-greenberg/post/_/id/938/bulls-could-have-shown-more-respect-with-statement-on-thibodeau

Reinsdorf's statement:

“The Chicago Bulls have a history of achieving great success on and off the court. These accomplishments have been possible because of an organizational culture where input from all parts of the organization has been welcomed and valued, there has been a willingness to participate in a free flow of information, and there have been clear and consistent goals. While the head of each department of the organization must be free to make final decisions regarding his department, there must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone's ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private. Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization -- staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture. To ensure that the Chicago Bulls can continue to grow and succeed, we have decided that a change in the head coaching position is required. Days like today are difficult, but necessary for us to achieve our goals and fulfill our commitments to our fans. I appreciate the contributions that Tom Thibodeau made to the Bulls organization. I have always respected his love of the game and wish him well in the future.”

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 02:23:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Unless a roster retool can cut costs while keeping fans interested, I think they'll do what Who says and just keep things as they are for another year, only with a different coach.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 02:44:59 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/jon-greenberg/post/_/id/938/bulls-could-have-shown-more-respect-with-statement-on-thibodeau

Reinsdorf's statement:

“The Chicago Bulls have a history of achieving great success on and off the court. These accomplishments have been possible because of an organizational culture where input from all parts of the organization has been welcomed and valued, there has been a willingness to participate in a free flow of information, and there have been clear and consistent goals. While the head of each department of the organization must be free to make final decisions regarding his department, there must be free and open interdepartmental discussion and consideration of everyone's ideas and opinions. These internal discussions must not be considered an invasion of turf, and must remain private. Teams that consistently perform at the highest levels are able to come together and be unified across the organization -- staff, players, coaches, management and ownership. When everyone is on the same page, trust develops and teams can grow and succeed together. Unfortunately, there has been a departure from this culture. To ensure that the Chicago Bulls can continue to grow and succeed, we have decided that a change in the head coaching position is required. Days like today are difficult, but necessary for us to achieve our goals and fulfill our commitments to our fans. I appreciate the contributions that Tom Thibodeau made to the Bulls organization. I have always respected his love of the game and wish him well in the future.”

Yeah, that statement is... keep it classy, Chicago.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 02:45:49 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Unless a roster retool can cut costs while keeping fans interested, I think they'll do what Who says and just keep things as they are for another year, only with a different coach.

Which will end with another 2nd round exit.

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 02:46:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Which will end with another 2nd round exit.

Correct.  Though in the East a year of relative health could result in a run to the Conference Finals, where they'll just lose to LeBron's team again.
- Mark Twain