Author Topic: RJ Hunter poor mans Curry.  (Read 3479 times)

RJ Hunter poor mans Curry.
« on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:35 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

What a quick release on this kid. A little reminiscent of Curry although slower. He's the son of the coach that tore his Achilles in the tournament. He as awesome range although his three point percentage was not good this year. Last year he took 9.2 threes per game wow and he hit at %.395

I checked back to Curry in college and he averaged 9.7 threes in his career. Wow. They don't all go in but if your jacking shots like that you are confident. Ad we need that. Bradley is timid on offense, so is Smart So is Kelly. We need a really aggressive scorer in this kid is the best or second best two guard in the draft. Not a great athlete. 33.5 max vertical. But when you watch him play he's very fluid and smooth. Great size 6'6" 6' 10.5" Wingspan. Great feel for the game Avg almost 20 ppg 5 rpg 3.5 apg 2spg 1bpg

I think Between Bradley, James Young And Hunter one would emerge as a real player. The competition would be great and James Young needs a kick in the rear. And he looks just like Prince.

Re: RJ Hunter poor mans Curry.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:12:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

If you want to see that great release watch the workout.

https://youtu.be/kXeor53iMiU

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:12:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

And the Draft Express video is awesome for him.

https://youtu.be/36dznrmdUYI

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If anyone in this draft even remotely resembles Curry, it's Tyler Harvey, imo, not RJ Hunter.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 10:30:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If anyone in this draft even remotely resembles Curry, it's Tyler Harvey, imo, not RJ Hunter.

I agree. But against better competition we have seen Harvey fall flat on his face

RJ Hunter is a taller, long wingspan JJ Reddick imo.  Good shooter just lacks the physical tools to be great in the NBA

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 10:38:33 PM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
 OP I know what you mean,  the form looks just like Curry's,  other than that I'd say he might be more of a poor mans Klay Thompson on offense.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 10:41:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I checked out Harvey. Great scorer Shooting% But he is to small I think. Oh and an awful athlete 28.5" max vertical. Wow I used to jump 32" I would gamble on Hunter with his size and length and instincts.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 10:48:01 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I agree. But against better competition we have seen Harvey fall flat on his face

RJ Hunter is a taller, long wingspan JJ Reddick imo.  Good shooter just lacks the physical tools to be great in the NBA

We have?  When?

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 10:53:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I checked out Harvey. Great scorer Shooting% But he is to small I think. Oh and an awful athlete 28.5" max vertical. Wow I used to jump 32" I would gamble on Hunter with his size and length and instincts.

Have you ever seen him play?  Don't forget, too, that Curry himself is only 6'3" 190 and is hardly a good athlete, either, and Harvey, himself, has even said that he's modeled his game after the current mvp, and there are definite similarities, imo.  I know that I've posted these clips before, but in case you haven't seen them, already, here they are -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaWwYHJcfZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPk3EG0tD28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-f8gnk6oh0

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 11:50:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I did watch his clips. He is nice. It's just that even Curry posted a 35.5 inch max vertical. Higher than I thought for him. I know vertical isn't everything. But his numbers are scary bad. It's definitely a red flag on him.

Do you know if he stays in front on defense. He looks slow laterally. Curious if he has a good reputation as a defender.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 01:02:20 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I'm confused about the Bradley being timid on offense thing.  Is there some prospect named Bradley because the Avery Bradley that played for the Celtics didn't seem the least bit timid.  I think a large group of Celtics fans refer to him as Kobe Bradley.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »

Offline Otsje P

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm confused about the Bradley being timid on offense thing.  Is there some prospect named Bradley because the Avery Bradley that played for the Celtics didn't seem the least bit timid.  I think a large group of Celtics fans refer to him as Kobe Bradley.

I agree with you. Avery Bradley being the player that took the most shots is on off the reasons the first half of the season went that bad. When Isaiah arrived, Bradley wasn't a/the go to guy anymore. Something that made me very happy.

On topic. I've liked Hunter from the very first second i laid my eyes on him. Would not mind him ending up in a Celtics jersey.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think it might be more of a destitute man's Curry

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Hunter looks like a complete player on both end of the floor to me and a very confident kid with a leader mentality.
I hope Danny want him, I have high hope it might be a steal at the 20s. Not sure he'll be there at 28 :(

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I don't think of AB as timid on offense--just limited.