Author Topic: The value of Kelly Olynyk in the modern NBA game  (Read 17191 times)

Re: The value of Kelly Olynyk in the modern NBA game
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2015, 07:20:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If he manages to become an above average defender then he ll be a solid role player for almost any team.

I agree, but I think he is a role player that could have a good night here and there not a star like some on this board.

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12

K.O worst case scenario is a versatile big off the bench.  sort of like a Ryan Anderson, but a more all around game.  But he can become more than this if he wan'ts too.  Too early for me to give up on him.

Nothing I've seen from him has given me the impression that he won't be able to improve some of his flaws.  He has a high skill set for a big and if he corrects some of the issues with hesitating, not taking enough shots, injury proneness, foul rate etc,  than I see him as a solid starter at worst. 

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nothing I've seen from him has given me the impression that he won't be able to improve some of his flaws.  He has a high skill set for a big and if he corrects some of the issues with hesitating, not taking enough shots, injury proneness, foul rate etc,  than I see him as a solid starter at worst.

Has he got quicker?  Nope your wrong on that one.
Does he pump fake too much?  Yes, afraid of getting swatted
Does he play consistently?   Nope, all over the place.

Do you deny these are not issues for him?   I agree he has a high skill set but I temper that with obvious faults that I can't deny.

« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Has he got quicker?  Nope your wrong on that one.
Does he pump fake too much?  Yes, afraid of getting swatted
Does he play consistently?   Nope, all over the place.

Do you deny these are not issues for him?   I agree he has a high skill set but I temper that with obvious faults that I can't deny.

I don't think anyone is denying his flaws.

I do believe that his confidence level and his consistency are qualities that he can improve upon as he becomes a more seasoned pro and keeps honing the skills that he already possesses.

His athleticism and quickness are probably not going to see significant improvement.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2015, 10:48:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If he manages to become an above average defender then he ll be a solid role player for almost any team.

I agree, but I think he is a role player that could have a good night here and there not a star like some on this board.

I would agree with this one. I think his passing acumen is well-above average for his position, and that is his best asset as far as seeing floor time.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2015, 11:10:34 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I just want to clarify I don't hate the guy. I like some stuff he does. I just don't see the progress and I don't see the big deal yet and don't think he's the hardest player. Plenty of time for him to turn it around, I'm just not getting my hopes up

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2015, 06:18:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He will be better this season. 

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Playing next to Cousins on the Kings  ;D

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2015, 12:19:35 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Playing next to Cousins on the Kings  ;D

You mean, playing next to Cousins on the Celtics.  ;-)