Author Topic: If Love signs here Plan.  (Read 9736 times)

Re: If Love signs here Plan.
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Summer of Love, The Sequel.

It ends just like the original, guys.  Sorry for the spoiler.

Not the exact way. This one just has him going home to the Lakers. Why would a guy who has everything in California want to play in cold Boston? He loves LA. Boston has zero chance no matter what Woj says. It's better to build like Philly anyways. Tank harder this year. Then you have max money plus 2 elite prospects in 2016 since Brooklyn is God awful

Why can't people get in their head that Boston is a REAL possibility for Love? He came on a 'recruiting visit' last summer, and by his own words LOVED IT. Then, let's not forget he came to Boston on a little vacation before the 1st rd playoff series between Boston and Cleveland.

So why would Love sign here? I don't know, maybe because he likes the city?

“Boston is a great city. I’m sure free agents would love to go there, especially with [Brad] Stevens as a coach. He’s a guy that can win basketball games. He gets guys to play for him. They’ve been having good success there, even in his first year, and he has a lot of young players. The coach has a lot to do with it, but yeah, Boston is a great place." - KEVIN LOVE

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If we can sign Love and trade up in the draft that will be a great offseason.

If the C's add Love but can't work a trade to get WCS, then I am fine with signing either Koufos, Chandler, or Robin Lopez on a short term deal, then attempt to grab a long term rim protector later in the draft or in the 2016 draft.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2015, 01:38:41 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238

Not the exact way. This one just has him going home to the Lakers. Why would a guy who has everything in California want to play in cold Boston? He loves LA. Boston has zero chance no matter what Woj says. It's better to build like Philly anyways. Tank harder this year. Then you have max money plus 2 elite prospects in 2016 since Brooklyn is God awful

Why can't people get in their head that Boston is a REAL possibility for Love? He came on a 'recruiting visit' last summer, and by his own words LOVED IT. Then, let's not forget he came to Boston on a little vacation before the 1st rd playoff series between Boston and Cleveland.

“Boston is a great city. I’m sure free agents would love to go there, especially with [Brad] Stevens as a coach. He’s a guy that can win basketball games. He gets guys to play for him. They’ve been having good success there, even in his first year, and he has a lot of young players. The coach has a lot to do with it, but yeah, Boston is a great place." - KEVIN LOVE

This is also what bothers me most about the Rondo trade is he always said he wanted to stay here because of the city and fans.  His ego and money kind of went to his head or something.  Maybe being in Dallas will make him come down on what his contract demands were.  Maybe he misses it here.

I think Love would be great here  Love is a workman type player.  People say he's soft defensively but I think he likes Boston for a reason because it could realy fit him and take his game to another level. 

I think he goes to LA he's just going home and will not be that great for his career. Coming here would be great for his career.

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
love's a huge Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..   

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2015, 01:56:13 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
If Love signs, you try and add Carroll or Middleton along with him.  Then use Sullinger, Olynyk, Young, and your ship load of draft picks to move up and draft your Center.

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2015, 01:59:59 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570

This is also what bothers me most about the Rondo trade is he always said he wanted to stay here because of the city and fans.  His ego and money kind of went to his head or something.  Maybe being in Dallas will make him come down on what his contract demands were.  Maybe he misses it here.

I think Love would be great here  Love is a workman type player.  People say he's soft defensively but I think he likes Boston for a reason because it could realy fit him and take his game to another level. 

I think he goes to LA he's just going home and will not be that great for his career. Coming here would be great for his career.

First, the Rondo ship has sailed. He's not coming back, nor to I believe the Celtics want him. I'm not so sure he'll even find a team in the league to offer hi, more than a one year, prove yourself kind of deal.

Second, why do you feel going to LA would be bad for Love's career? Why would coming to Boston be great for it?

I like the Celtics as much as the next guy, but you are making pronouncements without any reason or backing up your opinions in any way.

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Not enough money for all three

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2015, 02:47:45 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I think you'd have to set the foundation to bring Love in.

I'd start with #16 + #33 + 2016 1st + Olynyk for #6 and draft Willie Cauley-Stein

Then #28 + #45 to move up a few spots to draft RJ Hunter

Sign Love to a max deal

Resign Crowder

Sign Pierce (I'd typically never say this and think people are crazy when they do, but I'd just feel it's time if the above all went down)

Smart/Bradley/Pierce/Love/Cauley-Stein
Thomas/Turner/Crowder/Sullinger/Zeller
Pressey/Hunter/Young/Iverson

That team is competitive now and going to grow down the line.

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

First, the Rondo ship has sailed. He's not coming back, nor to I believe the Celtics want him. I'm not so sure he'll even find a team in the league to offer hi, more than a one year, prove yourself kind of deal.

Second, why do you feel going to LA would be bad for Love's career? Why would coming to Boston be great for it?

I like the Celtics as much as the next guy, but you are making pronouncements without any reason or backing up your opinions in any way.

I think Love coming here would be great for his career because the city would embrace him but also challenge him to be a better player.  I think going to LA is more just more of the same for him.  Good fit sure but it's more just more of the same for him.  Like someone else said Love might be kind of a jerk. I'm not his biggest fan in the world either.  I see him as kind of an LA guy but that's just my opinion.  I think him coming here could definately work and create some buzz. The celtics are a different kind of team and we can keep getting the good guys and beat the kevin loves of the world but having him come here would be interesting imo.

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2015, 03:02:06 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm hesitant to trade for Love because of Sully and  KO and these guys really fit us. I d rather build with them in ways  but I'm also very much on board with kevin love coming here.  I'm in strong favor  of both.

I also do kind of see Love like the enemy and a player id like to beat.  But KG was kind of that to me too before he came here.  Pierce was an LA guy.  Russell went to college in San Francisco.  I just think those scenarios when  people can play in a foreign place are always interesting and good for basketball.

I would not trade Sully or KO unless it was for a guy like Kevin Love and I'm not 100 percent sure i would.  ITs also why i think these other scenarios at pf are silly.  It's really either or there.

The reality is is kevin love is basically KO and Sully but a much better player now.  He's also young.  He probably will always be a better player too.  So in that regard you make the deal and make it happen.

It's no different than Al J and KG.  you make that deal.  I dont think there is any question really. Nothing is 100 percent but that's about as close as it gets.

So yes i am making pronouncements  I guess because anyone who can't see that I don't know what to say.  Because the facts are right there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:19:18 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2015, 03:18:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
because of Sully and  KO and these guys really fit us

Sully ate himself hurt and neither is a rim protector such a nice a fit.

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2015, 03:23:14 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Kevin Love coming here would be monstrous. I dont see how anyone wouldn't be thrilled about that.  He's a better player.  It is KG vs Al J all over again. I understood people wanting to hold onto AL J but KG is a much better player.

People can knock kevin love all they want.  Sully could become david ortiz and im much more hesitant to deal him than Al J.  But its the same thing.

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 03:26:45 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

I mean If we got Love. I could see maybeee Marc Gasol coming here. Kawai no way. Butler I would love that. But 4% chance he comes here. Maybe if Marky Mark offers him a role in Ted 3 he comes.

Love will be the first domino, but as a free agent you have to be thinking "if they were the 7th seed last year what would they be with me and Love".

How would a FA not think this? I think that's why CHA was able to attract Big Al and Lance Stephenson, ATL with Korver and Milsap, and David West to Indy. Except for when Big Al went, all those teams had a young promising core who just lose in the first round.

Not that those guys are on the Lebron, Curry, Harden level but they are/were all-stars who helped the team (minus Lance). So I think we have a shot at quality free agents.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 03:43:31 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
If Love is considering coming to Boston, would he continue to if Ainge ended up selling off Boston's few rotation-worthy players for draft picks?

The idea should be to convert assets into legit starters to put around Love. Not to get more 19-year olds to play with him.
Amen. Though using a number of our draft assets to move up for WCS might be something we could also do. He would help hide some of Love's defensive deficiencies.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:50:55 PM by Irish Stew »

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
If Love signs, there's still plenty of options and directions this team can try and go.  If Love does sign, it wouldn't surprise me to see Ainge first try and throw the book at George Karl to get Cousins in here to have a Love and Cousins front court.  That scenario I think is the biggest pipe dream out of any dream involved with this team, but I bet that's plan A.

Plan B, and more realistic out of all the "exciting options", I bet is to do what he can to move up in the draft for Cauley-Stein.  I don't see him dropping past Miami at 10, maybe even Charlotte at 9.  The Nuggets have to start ALL over in my opinion, so maybe Ainge can somehow work his magic, swap places with Denver while pulling Wilson Chandler out from under them to add the much needed wing help.  Maybe a trade like Boston getting Wilson Chandler, Randy Foye, and the #7 (Cauley-Stein) for #16, Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley, and James Young?  Then use remaining cap space to sign Crowder and Jerebko, most likely still leaving some room left over for years going forward.

In that case you got a team that looks like:

PG...Smart/IT
SG...Turner/Foye
SF...Chandler/Crowder
PF...Love/Sullinger/Jerebko
C...Cauley-Stein/Zeller

They aren't world beaters, but I think it could be a fun team to watch and continue to grow and improve