Author Topic: If Love signs here Plan.  (Read 9733 times)

Re: If Love signs here Plan.
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 12:38:16 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Summer of Love, The Sequel.

It ends just like the original, guys.  Sorry for the spoiler.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 06:10:51 AM »

Offline AidaCelt

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 13
If KLove signed as a FA I could see using multiple picks to improve our SF and C positions... some of KO, Sully, ET, future draft picks and this years picks could be used to a. move up a few spots to strengthen the C position with a WCS and/or b. get a more established SF such as Kawhi or Butler (possible S & T's).

Pipe dreams but a core of:
C - WCS
PF - KLove
SF- Kawhi
SG - AB
PG - Smart
6th man - IT

As i said, pipe dreams as a. I would expect Kawhi or Butler to be matched so the only hope is if they want to play in Boston so we get them via S & T and b. we'd be giving up some potentially valuable future draft picks to get to this point (well and truly worth ti if you have this lineup).
Expectations, Execution, No Excuses

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 07:23:25 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I was going to start a post like this before but stayed away from it because speculating about a K Love roster is so tough with so many variables. The fact that the draft is before FA means the team cant draft based on Love being with the team. This should have little consequence because BPA wins out but especially in the late 1st early 2nd picks need to fit the roster to develop.

My basic Love roster plan

Guards, keep the 3 man rotation of Smart, AB and IT

Bigs, move at least one if not both Sully and KO. Bring in a rim protecting big ( Jordan is a pipe dream) Hibbert, R Lopez, Biyombo, or trade up for WCS are more realistic options. Zeller becomes high usage 3rd big. Then add a utility 4th big like Jerebko. With draft picks adding a young project big would also be nice.

Wings, a starting caliber SF who can play small ball 4 would be a good upgrade. Wilson Chandler, Batum, Carroll, Middleton or Harris would all work. Chandler seems the most attainable as denver will likely go into rebuild. I would also try to convince Pierce to come back for a season. If Pierce goes elsewhere Turner can be retained but moved to the bench. Hopefully Young earns some PT.

How these moves are all attained will depend on alot but my plausible roster/rotation if Love signed with the Cs would be the following.

PG SMart  33 mpg
SG AB       33 mpg
SF Chandler 32mpg
PF Love     35 mpg
C  Hibbert 28 mpg
6th IT        30 mpg
7th Zeller  20 mpg
8th Pierce 25 mpg
9th Jerebko 4 mpg

This would give this team 13 mpg of Pierce or Chandler at the 4. J Young could earn PT by cutting down on Pierces work load.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 11:38:28 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
We shouldn't be making desperation moves to contend immediately this year, that's for sure.

Make a run at Cousins/Gasol/Jordan and if that fails, just pick up a stopgap rim protector like Asik or Koufos.

Run it back, let the team gel. See what we have in players like Smart/AB/Crowder, and jettison and strengthen as appropriate the following off-season.

Disagree, disagree and disagree

Why would you want to bring back the same team that couldn't make it past the first round of the playoffs????

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I heard they wanted Rajon for a cameo but he turned it down.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 11:50:05 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
If Love comes here, patience would still be important.  See how he interacts with the core that's here first and then make some decisions on the rest of the roster.  You can't get locked into long term deals with vets without being reasonably certain that they'll click with Love and vice versa.

Re Asik etc, I don't want anyone here on a long term contract who can't make free throws.  If you're paying someone big money you want them on the court winning games for you late - not losing them because they can't make FT's and have to stay on the bench.
oh like KG and Allen did not click with PP or Cleveland this Year. We have a coach that is all about Chemistry do it.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 12:12:11 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
If Love comes here, patience would still be important.  See how he interacts with the core that's here first and then make some decisions on the rest of the roster.  You can't get locked into long term deals with vets without being reasonably certain that they'll click with Love and vice versa.

Re Asik etc, I don't want anyone here on a long term contract who can't make free throws.  If you're paying someone big money you want them on the court winning games for you late - not losing them because they can't make FT's and have to stay on the bench.
oh like KG and Allen did not click with PP or Cleveland this Year. We have a coach that is all about Chemistry do it.

What is, "the exception that proves the rule", Trebek.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 12:38:14 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'm  all for kevin love.  He's one player I'd go another direction with.  I don't see the drawback of having a player like Kevin Love.  I think he would play really well here.  I feel like Rondo and Love would have gone together really well though.  Turner is good but bring Rondo back too.  Maybe Rondo will cool on his max offer.  Bring in Kevin Love and Rondo and get a center.

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Love will be a big upgrade and will make bringing in DeAndre much easier, since the East is looking like the place of migration for a lot of these wild, wild west guys.

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
if we had just stayed the course our team would have been set up well to get a player like Kevin Love imo.  Rondo wanted the max at the time but swap out turner for Rondo.  Make Rondo play a more refined role and he basically would be a better version of turner imo.  Turner was a better roleplayer. Rondo has to be the man but if i could change that i would

pg-Rondo, IT
sg-bradley, Smart
sf-crowder, young, (jerebko, gigi, or a free agent, jeff green was good)
pf-Love, Sully or KO
C-Draft or sign a guy like Deandre, Stein, Upshaw

The celtics apparently didnt think that would work or did at the time.  They were trying to get love.  Would they have traded Rondo if they did?

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
if we had just stayed the course our team would have been set up well to get a player like Kevin Love imo.  Rondo wanted the max at the time but swap out turner for Rondo.  Make Rondo play a more refined role and he basically would be a better version of turner imo.  Turner was a better roleplayer. Rondo has to be the man but if i could change that i would

pg-Rondo, IT
sg-bradley, Smart
sf-crowder, young, (jerebko, gigi, or a free agent, jeff green was good)
pf-Love, Sully or KO
C-Draft or sign a guy like Deandre, Stein, Upshaw

The celtics apparently didnt think that would work or did at the time.  They were trying to get love.  Would they have traded Rondo if they did?

Don't forget they wouldn't have Crowder if Rondo stayed, and they probably would not have acquired IT. No need to with Rondo on the team. So that lineup isn't really all that realistic.

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The mavs tried to make rondo that with Dirk though and it didnt work so maybe the c's were best served to move on from him regardless.  Because that team would be pretty similar to teh mavs team.

So maybe I'll bite the bullet there and its a terrible plan.  Who knows though.  Timing. Rondo's attitude.  Who knows.

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 01:14:27 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

Not the exact way. This one just has him going home to the Lakers. Why would a guy who has everything in California want to play in cold Boston? He loves LA. Boston has zero chance no matter what Woj says. It's better to build like Philly anyways. Tank harder this year. Then you have max money plus 2 elite prospects in 2016 since Brooklyn is God awful

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2015, 01:15:51 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Not the exact way. This one just has him going home to the Lakers. Why would a guy who has everything in California want to play in cold Boston? He loves LA. Boston has zero chance no matter what Woj says. It's better to build like Philly anyways. Tank harder this year. Then you have max money plus 2 elite prospects in 2016 since Brooklyn is God awful

Tanking is despicable... Boston is not for the losing...

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

Tanking is despicable... Boston is not for the losing...

Then why do you want to go all in for a 4th seed? No matter what they do the Celtics play in the same conference as the Greatest of All Time in LeBron James. By the time the Celtics get good LeBron will have as many rings as Kobe.