Author Topic: If Love signs here Plan.  (Read 9748 times)

If Love signs here Plan.
« on: May 27, 2015, 07:08:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 I'd like to see some ideas in this thread for plans if Love actually signed here. Here is mine.

Whatever it takes to land the 12th pick. Bradley, Sullinger, and Olynyk are on the table as well as future firsts for the 12th.

12th pick Myles Turner
 16th pick Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
 28th pick Robert Upshaw
 33rd pick Jordan Micky

Now this is if those guys are available of course. If we have to give up something to go get Upshaw I'm O.K. with that provided it's not too much. In this scenario we trade Sully and keep Bradley an Olly.

Myles Turner Zeller Robert Upshaw
 Kevin Love  Olynyk  Jordan Micky
 Hollis Jefferson Turner
 Avery Bradley James young
 Marcus Smart I. Thomas

Hopefully we reign Crowder too. But if not that team with Stevens plus the picks we still have could be good sooner than later. How many wins for this team.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:27:31 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: If Love signs here Plan.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:11:10 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If Love is considering coming to Boston, would he continue to if Ainge ended up selling off Boston's few rotation-worthy players for draft picks?

The idea should be to convert assets into legit starters to put around Love. Not to get more 19-year olds to play with him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:14:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If Love is considering coming to Boston, would he continue to if Ainge ended up selling off Boston's few rotation-worthy players for draft picks?

The idea should be to convert assets into legit starters to put around Love. Not to get more 19-year olds to play with him.

Tp you are not going to draft a bunch of Avg prospects if love Signs  here. I see ainge going after gasol, butler or khawhi

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:20:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Tp you are not going to draft a bunch of Avg prospects if love Signs  here. I see ainge going after gasol, butler or khawhi

Agreed.

While I think we could move up in the draft, if there is a player Ainge really covets, I think the moves that would follow a Love signing is addressing the need for an interior defender and trying to trade off a couple of expendable parts (i.e. Sullinger, Turner).

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Agreed.

While I think we could move up in the draft, if there is a player Ainge really covets, I think the moves that would follow a Love signing is addressing the need for an interior defender and trying to trade off a couple of expendable parts (i.e. Sullinger, Turner).

Trading up for WCS makes sense if we get Love. Perfect player to compliment him, no offense so Love can be the focal point and WCS makes up for his defensive flaws. Maybe that's why we have been so called connected to him? I can always dream haha

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I mean If we got Love. I could see maybeee Marc Gasol coming here. Kawai no way. Butler I would love that. But 4% chance he comes here. Maybe if Marky Mark offers him a role in Ted 3 he comes.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I mean If we got Love. I could see maybeee Marc Gasol coming here. Kawai no way. Butler I would love that. But 4% chance he comes here. Maybe if Marky Mark offers him a role in Ted 3 he comes.

Love will be the first domino, but as a free agent you have to be thinking "if they were the 7th seed last year what would they be with me and Love".

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 07:36:19 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I am really curious what we could get for Sully and our 1st next year (let's say it's projected to be 18th overall) when other teams know we're desperate to free up playing time for Love.  Could we even get Batum for that if Aldridge leaves Portland?

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 07:37:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sign Love.

Stretch Wallace.

Look to sign Robin Lopez or Omer Asik.  Maybe look into acquiring Roy Hibbert.

Trade for or sign a competent wing.  Sullinger and / or Olynyk would be available in any trade.

I think the plan would be to get better by adding Love and a decent center, maybe a decent wing (e.g. W. Chandler), and then as the cap increases and the Brooklyn picks come rolling in over the next couple of years, you have the ability to take the team up to the next level (i.e. top contender) by adding another star to put next to Love.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Marc Gasol
 Kevin Love
 Sam Decker 16th
 Avery Bradley
 Marcus Smart

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If we trade Wallace and Bradley without taking salary back, could we sign love, gasol, and then pp  and crowder around 5 mil for a few years?

Pg: smart / it
SG: grant # 16/ young
Sf: Pp.          / crowder
Pf : love.      /Sully
 C : gasol.    / Zeller

Use turner, ko and a pick to try and upgrade sg

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 07:54:39 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Sign Love.

Stretch Wallace.

Trade for or sign a competent wing.  Sullinger and / or Olynyk would be available in any trade.

I think the plan would be to get better by adding Love and a decent center, maybe a decent wing (e.g. W. Chandler), and then as the cap increases and the Brooklyn picks come rolling in over the next couple of years, you have the ability to take the team up to the next level (i.e. top contender) by adding another star to put next to Love.

I don't usually agree with Pho, but he's right on this one. If Love somehow comes to Boston, certain dominoes fall into line.

Wallace is stretched or traded away for a couple of 2nds next year to clear cap space.

Sully becomes expendable and is used as a trade chip as needed for any of the points below. Bradley is also on the block as needed, though Ainge wouldn't actively be looking to trade him.

Ainge will make a huge run at Boogie using everything but Smart. If he can't get him, he'll find a decent center fill in via Free Agency. If he still can't get one, he's moving up to get WCS in the draft.

Ainge would then look to shore up the SF spot. If Ainge doesn't get Boogie Cousins, I would not be surprised to see Kris Middleton brought in as he may be a good pairing with Love. It would push the cap, but it could be done.

But there would be a lot of movement very quickly and Ainge has the pieces to make things happen.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 07:59:41 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Sign Love.

Stretch Wallace.

I don't usually agree with Pho

Weird. I always thought he was one of the more informed, logical posters on CB.

Regarding Love, a defensive center would absolutely be the next step. Whether that's Jordan, Asik, Lopez, Koufos, Hibbert, ect.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sign Love.

Stretch Wallace.

I don't usually agree with Pho

Weird. I always thought he was one of the more informed, logical posters on CB.

Heheh, well, you can't win 'em all.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 08:30:55 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
We shouldn't be making desperation moves to contend immediately this year, that's for sure.

Make a run at Cousins/Gasol/Jordan and if that fails, just pick up a stopgap rim protector like Asik or Koufos.

Run it back, let the team gel. See what we have in players like Smart/AB/Crowder, and jettison and strengthen as appropriate the following off-season.

Great words from a great man