Author Topic: If Love signs here Plan.  (Read 9735 times)

Re: If Love signs here Plan.
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2015, 05:56:08 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
If Love is considering coming to Boston, would he continue to if Ainge ended up selling off Boston's few rotation-worthy players for draft picks?

The idea should be to convert assets into legit starters to put around Love. Not to get more 19-year olds to play with him.

Tp you are not going to draft a bunch of Avg prospects if love Signs  here. I see ainge going after gasol, butler or khawhi

You aren't getting Butler or Leonard.  They are restricted FA's and their teams won't let them go (they will match).  Plus we won't have the cap space to get Love and another Max player...

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Summer of Love, The Sequel.

It ends just like the original, guys.  Sorry for the spoiler.

Not the exact way. This one just has him going home to the Lakers. Why would a guy who has everything in California want to play in cold Boston? He loves LA. Boston has zero chance no matter what Woj says. It's better to build like Philly anyways. Tank harder this year. Then you have max money plus 2 elite prospects in 2016 since Brooklyn is God awful

Why can't people get in their head that Boston is a REAL possibility for Love? He came on a 'recruiting visit' last summer, and by his own words LOVED IT. Then, let's not forget he came to Boston on a little vacation before the 1st rd playoff series between Boston and Cleveland.

So why would Love sign here? I don't know, maybe because he likes the city?

“Boston is a great city. I’m sure free agents would love to go there, especially with [Brad] Stevens as a coach. He’s a guy that can win basketball games. He gets guys to play for him. They’ve been having good success there, even in his first year, and he has a lot of young players. The coach has a lot to do with it, but yeah, Boston is a great place." - KEVIN LOVE

TP. People try to act like hell never come here because it doesn't fit into the whole "Boston is too cold and taxed to attract any FA's" narrative. Fact is we haven't really had the money to do so. We have a legitimate shot at landing Kevin Love this summer.
Ç
The guy is entering the prime of his career, and he's been so under-utilized in Cleveland this year I can totally understand why he will probably want out. And more important than that, he just doesn't seem to fit in with LeBron and his groupies. Everyone on that team except Love is either tight with LeBron (Kyrie, Thompson, Mike Miller) or came there because of LeBron (JR, Shump, Mozgov). Love just doesn't fit in, he's not comfortable there, you could see it all year.

Know where he would be comfortable? Playing next to one of his best childhood friends in IT with a team full of guys who put in work and made the playoffs last year without him. Stevens gets the most out of his players, and would utilize him perfectly. Ainge is loaded to the gills with assets with which to build a title contender around him. The city has excellent fans who would love him to play here. If he does indeed become a free agent, we have a darn good shot of landing him

If we do, and DA gets to trade up to get one of the Winston/WCS/Johnson group, this offseason will be a great score. Our core group plus Love and WCS could easily win 50 games next year. And with it looking more and more like Lopez is opting out, We could have another top 10 pick or two coming next year.

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2015, 07:49:37 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
If Love signs, there's still plenty of options and directions this team can try and go.  If Love does sign, it wouldn't surprise me to see Ainge first try and throw the book at George Karl to get Cousins in here to have a Love and Cousins front court.  That scenario I think is the biggest pipe dream out of any dream involved with this team, but I bet that's plan A.

Plan B, and more realistic out of all the "exciting options", I bet is to do what he can to move up in the draft for Cauley-Stein.  I don't see him dropping past Miami at 10, maybe even Charlotte at 9.  The Nuggets have to start ALL over in my opinion, so maybe Ainge can somehow work his magic, swap places with Denver while pulling Wilson Chandler out from under them to add the much needed wing help.  Maybe a trade like Boston getting Wilson Chandler, Randy Foye, and the #7 (Cauley-Stein) for #16, Kelly Olynyk, Avery Bradley, and James Young?  Then use remaining cap space to sign Crowder and Jerebko, most likely still leaving some room left over for years going forward.

In that case you got a team that looks like:

PG...Smart/IT
SG...Turner/Foye
SF...Chandler/Crowder
PF...Love/Sullinger/Jerebko
C...Cauley-Stein/Zeller

They aren't world beaters, but I think it could be a fun team to watch and continue to grow and improve

Like the idea, but really not thrilled with the SG's on this team. Turner but be a scorer, but he's not a shooter and likes to control the ball too much. Foye is what he is. Doesn't thrill me. Maybe swap Turner for Young in this trade? I think he has some potential to be the a decent 2 in this league.

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Sign Love.

Stretch Wallace.

Sign Tyson Chandler.

Move Sully/Oly, Bradley, #16 & #33 for #6 and draft Winslow.

Sign Rodney Stuckey.

Resign Crowder & Bass.

IT/Smart/Pressey
Smart/Stuckey/Young
Winslow/Crowder/Young
Love/Oly or Sully/Bass
Chandler/Zeller

This will likely change 15 times before July 1st.

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I kind of wished free agency period was before the draft like in the NFL.  What if we draft yet another PF and then Love still signs here.  Not enough minutes for them all.  I'd like to see the NBA change this.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:17 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I kind of wished free agency period was before the draft like in the NFL.  What if we draft yet another PF and then Love still signs here.  Not enough minutes for them all.  I'd like to see the NBA change this.
I agree110%!!!! I been saying this for years...it would help all teams to see what they need to get in the draft...Free agency should start July1st then draft somewhere around July 20th
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Sign Love.

Stretch Wallace.

Sign Tyson Chandler.

Move Sully/Oly, Bradley, #16 & #33 for #6 and draft Winslow.

Sign Rodney Stuckey.

Resign Crowder & Bass.

IT/Smart/Pressey
Smart/Stuckey/Young
Winslow/Crowder/Young
Love/Oly or Sully/Bass
Chandler/Zeller

This will likely change 15 times before July 1st.

That's a great team there.
Love the starting lineup.  Love the Smart Stuckey Combo. Love Winslow.
Bass might not get any time though...Maybe just have Crowder as the third PF...
And Turner I guess is traded for something..future pick, etc..

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2015, 09:45:03 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Trade Bradley, Sully, Turner, 16th pick, 33 pick, Celts 2016 1st round pick to Utah for Rodney Hood and Gordon Hayward.

Trade 28 pick, Philadelphia pick in 2016, and Rondo trade exception to Chicago for Noah.

Resign Jerebko and Gigi for cheap.

At 45 draft the biggest foreigner you can stash.

Lineup:

PG-  Smart - IT - Pressey
SG-  Hood - Smart - Young - Gigi
SF-  Hayward  - Jerebko  - Gigi - Wallace
PF-  Love- KO - Jerebko - Wallace
C-   Noah - Zeller - KO

The Celtics would need to know that Love will sign with them before the draft in order to make the other moves, Noah deal would need to be completed after the Love signing. 

This would immediately make the Celtics contenders in the East for at least 3 seasons, if Lebron is injured for the playoffs makes us the favorite, while still having all of he Brooklyn picks.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Trade Bradley, Sully, Turner, 16th pick, 33 pick, Celts 2016 1st round pick to Utah for Rodney Hood and Gordon Hayward.

Trade 28 pick, Philadelphia pick in 2016, and Rondo trade exception to Chicago for Noah.

Resign Jerebko and Gigi for cheap.

At 45 draft the biggest foreigner you can stash.

Lineup:

PG-  Smart - IT - Pressey
SG-  Hood - Smart - Young - Gigi
SF-  Hayward  - Jerebko  - Gigi - Wallace
PF-  Love- KO - Jerebko - Wallace
C-   Noah - Zeller - KO

The Celtics would need to know that Love will sign with them before the draft in order to make the other moves, Noah deal would need to be completed after the Love signing. 

This would immediately make the Celtics contenders in the East for at least 3 seasons, if Lebron is injured for the playoffs makes us the favorite, while still having all of he Brooklyn picks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA

Utah would never do that. Not when they are young and on the rise. Especially since Hayward is their best source of offense.