Author Topic: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love  (Read 13847 times)

Re: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2015, 02:53:36 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Lol that'd suck if Love bolts Cleveland. They'd then traded Andrew Wiggins and Michael Bennett for nothing LOL.

The Senator?!

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2015, 03:19:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lol that'd suck if Love bolts Cleveland. They'd then traded Andrew Wiggins and Michael Bennett for nothing LOL.

The Senator?!

Lol, he probably had the Seahawks in mind...

He obviously meant Tony Bennett, though

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2015, 03:21:31 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Celtics might actually have a chance at picking up the Crybaby.  I wonder if his one condition is that KO needs to be traded.   That won't end well

I rather give Sully and KO another shot.  Just not a fan of Love the baby

In my eyes Al Jefferson is untouchable.   What has KG ever won?  Way too early to give up on Big Al for a guy past his prime..

boom

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2015, 03:29:12 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Celtics might actually have a chance at picking up the Crybaby.  I wonder if his one condition is that KO needs to be traded.   That won't end well

Really? lol Even on similarly bad teams, neither of them have even come close to Love's effectiveness and statistical dominance.

give them a chance.  It took love  a while to get a pro body. Be a consistent threat from the 3 pt line.

It's do or die (to be better than just role players) for Sully and KO next season

Kevin Love is 26. His rookie year was 2008-2009, about 6 years ago. By his third year in the league, at age 22, Love was averaging just over 20 points and 15 rebounds per game.

Jared Sullinger is currently 23, entering his fourth year in the NBA. Kelly Olynyk is 24, entering his third year in the NBA. As much as I love our guys, neither of them will ever scratch Kevin Love levels.

Triboy, I know you love to prospect and look at potential (as evidenced by you amazingly detailed scouting reports and knowledge of the draft). However, at a certain point, a team needs proven commodities, and when an opportunity comes in which the proven commodity is not much older than  your prospects, I think you have to jump.

What were Sully's averages last year in his 3rd yr compared to Love's 3rd year, how many minutes did each player get? Has Sully ever had the chance to be the man as Love had been? Sully in season 3 had just gotten about (MAYBE) half a season to be a top/go to player and he was starting to look nice before his injury. I'm not arguing whether Love's 3rd year was better but I am questioning how much better and I'm also asking that you look at situations and not just stats.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2015, 04:13:06 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Five pages in and no one's realized that Woj's "I think Love could be cool in Boston" is not "sources say Love is considering Boston"?

There are two sides to Woj, and if he's not prefacing a tweet with "Breaking:" or the like it's little more useful than Skip Bayless.

Lets rebold.
http://www.ysrpodcasts.com/jason/

Woj on Love...

Love has options. I think he's going to look around. He's going to look closely at Boston. He's going to look closely at LA. I'm sure the Texas teams want to get involved. He really likes Kevin McHale. He took the trade to Cleveland without knowing his role, without discussing with Blatt on how he would be used. I'm told that how he'll be used are some of the questions he wants to ask. I think Boston would be interesting because of Stevens and Ainge as a recruiting duo to sell him on how he'll be used there. I think Boston is a real legitimate possibility.

Posted this on the Lowe/Windhorst thread, but this is more closely related to the C's and felt it would get drowned out there.

Those are the facts in Woj's analysis. Or at least, the post that we got on Woj's analysis: I can't find a transcript that matches what Eddie wrote.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:18:15 AM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2015, 05:17:39 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Five pages in and no one's realized that Woj's "I think Love could be cool in Boston" is not "sources say Love is considering Boston"?

There are two sides to Woj, and if he's not prefacing a tweet with "Breaking:" or the like it's little more useful than Skip Bayless.

Lets rebold.

Woj on Love...

Love has options. I think he's going to look around. He's going to look closely at Boston. He's going to look closely at LA. I'm sure the Texas teams want to get involved. He really likes Kevin McHale. He took the trade to Cleveland without knowing his role, without discussing with Blatt on how he would be used. I'm told that how he'll be used are some of the questions he wants to ask. I think Boston would be interesting because of Stevens and Ainge as a recruiting duo to sell him on how he'll be used there. I think Boston is a real legitimate possibility.

Posted this on the Lowe/Windhorst thread, but this is more closely related to the C's and felt it would get drowned out there.

Those are the facts in Woj's analysis. Or at least, the post that we got on Woj's analysis: I can't find a transcript that matches what Eddie wrote.

Your first point is semantics. Your second is difficult to interpret. It could be easily misconstrued.

Kevin Love is expected to seriously study the free-agent market this summer and consider leaving the Cavaliers after one year with the franchise, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

“He’s got options,” the Yahoo! Sports NBA insider said in a radio appearance on The Jason McIntyre Show on Yahoo! Sports Radio. “He could stay another year [by not opting out] and go into free agency next year.

“But he’s had injuries, and he might just want to sign a four-year deal somewhere else,” Wojnarowski added.

Love, Cleveland’s starting power forward, is out for the postseason after suffering a shoulder injury in Game 4 of Cleveland’s first-round series in Boston.

Incidentally, those Celtics could be in play for Love this summer, along with the Lakers and Rockets.

“I think he’s going to look around,” Wojnarowski said. “I think he’s going to look closely at Boston. I think he’ll look at LA. I’m sure the Texas teams are going to try and get involved.

image: http://i1.wp.com/www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Kevin_McHale.jpg?resize=220%2C284

“If you remember, he really liked Kevin McHale in Minnesota,” Wojnarowski continued. “Would he fit potentially in Houston? It seems like every summer, they have the ability to go out and create a max slot, and they do this summer again. They know they have the option to do that.

“I think he’ll be in play. He could stay where he is, but there’s no question he’s going to look long and hard at what his options are.”

Whether Love stays in Cleveland or exits, Wojnarowski said Love would like to have a greater sense of what his role would be on a given team and potentially what players he’d be surrounded with.

“He sort of took the trade to Cleveland without really talking about what his role would be, or discussing with [David] Blatt how he’d be used,” Wojnarowski said.

The Yahoo! insider referred to Boston in particular as a “real, legitimate possibility”.

“I think Boston would be interesting, because Stevens and Danny Ainge are a very interesting recruiting duo to sell him on how they’d use him there,” he said.

Wojnarowski pointed out that the Cavaliers could potentially do a sign-and-trade for Love, allowing them to recoup some value. However, should Love choose a destination such as Boston that already has cap room, he’d have no financial incentive to accept a sign-and-trade, much like what happened to the Lakers when Dwight Howard chose the Rockets back in July 2013.

“It would be difficult,” Wojnarowski said.

image: http://i1.wp.com/www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Bron-KLove-Ky.jpg?resize=300%2C300

One obvious downside for the Cavaliers is that Love’s postseason injury cut short a chance for both Blatt and Love to further integrate him into the system. In the regular season, Love’s numbers dipped from averages of 26.1 points and 12.5 rebounds per game in 2013-14 in Minnesota to 16.4 points and 9.7 rebounds with Cleveland in 2014-15.

“I know they’re winning without him, but I think in time they would’ve figured out how to make that work, and make it work better than it was,” Wojnarowski said. “But Love also has to be willing to be a part of that and take on that role as the third guy.

“I think everybody has a better appreciation for how Chris Bosh handled things in Miami, and what he sacrificed in terms of scoring, shots and all of those things, and he did it very willingly,” he continued.

“With Love, leading into it, it was like ‘Hey, I can do this.’ And then when they started to do it, it didn’t go great. There are certainly a lot of questions for him to answer for himself.”

Love has a deadline of June 30 to notify Cleveland of his intentions to exercise his player option or opt out and become a free agent this summer.

Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/05/27/sh-blog-kevin-love-likely-to-look-around-this-summer-celtics-rockets-lakers-among-options/#whdo34H3blEpidW5.99

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Think about it... the Celtics could possibly get a Free Agent that had the previous cost of two #1 picks.  Granted Bennett wasn't your typical #1, but Wiggins was rookie of the year.  And we can get him for free.

I've fluctuated on Love, but after seeing the difference he made on Cleveland (floor spacing, physicality, etc.) I grew to appreciate why so many GM's/coaches think he's so valuable.  Let us hope..

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2015, 07:44:46 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I could see Houston as a pretty appealing fit for Love.

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2015, 07:55:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Really? lol Even on similarly bad teams, neither of them have even come close to Love's effectiveness and statistical dominance.

give them a chance.  It took love  a while to get a pro body. Be a consistent threat from the 3 pt line.

It's do or die (to be better than just role players) for Sully and KO next season

Kevin Love is 26. His rookie year was 2008-2009, about 6 years ago. By his third year in the league, at age 22, Love was averaging just over 20 points and 15 rebounds per game.

Jared Sullinger is currently 23, entering his fourth year in the NBA. Kelly Olynyk is 24, entering his third year in the NBA. As much as I love our guys, neither of them will ever scratch Kevin Love levels.

Triboy, I know you love to prospect and look at potential (as evidenced by you amazingly detailed scouting reports and knowledge of the draft). However, at a certain point, a team needs proven commodities, and when an opportunity comes in which the proven commodity is not much older than  your prospects, I think you have to jump.

I get your points. That is why it is the end of the road for Sully and KO. 
A slimmer Sully could be a guy that can produce 17-10 a game.   KO  has been through a roller coaster.  He was playing center in college. Then asked to play stretch 4 in the NBA.   Last year looked slimmer but lost some strength. This upcoming season will come in stronger (hopefully). In addition understand his "spots" and take adv instead of being hesistant

We have seen "dominating" like performances from both. Just need to put it together.

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Would anyone be opposed to bringing in Andre Iguodala, as our starting SF? He would be perfect as a play maker, and I still think he can guard most players in the NBA still, although hes less athletic than he was years ago.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2015, 08:28:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Would anyone be opposed to bringing in Andre Iguodala, as our starting SF? He would be perfect as a play maker, and I still think he can guard most players in the NBA still, although hes less athletic than he was years ago.

By the time we are contending would he still be young?

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2015, 08:49:44 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

By the time we are contending would he still be young?

I mean I'm assuming we could contend in a year or so, if we brought in Love, and got an actual Center that can rebound and protect the rim.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2015, 09:08:20 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Lets rebold.

Woj on Love...

Your first point is semantics.

Incorrect. There is the Woj who writes things like this:

For all the leveraging of the Ohio homecoming into marketing and commercials, few surrounding these Cavaliers sensed James had intimately invested himself into the process of constructing a championship culture. When the Cavaliers needed his old MVP self – hard-playing, smart and relentless – they found him taking off plays and jogging back on defense and undermining his coach in ways big and small. James hadn't offered the leadership he promised to reconstruct the franchise, only his presence.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cavs-need-lebron-james-to-show-leadership-he-promised-173753124.html

And there's the Woj who writes things like this:

Toronto guard Lou Williams, NBA's Sixth Man of Year, has joined w/ agent Wallace Prather, Prather tells Yahoo. Williams is a free agent.
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/603296491180924928

The second Woj is great. The first Woj is impressionistic and generally agenda driven. I think his comments on Love, at least as presented when I saw your post, are more of that style.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:20:26 AM by D.o.s. »
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2015, 09:14:31 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
DOS, it's an interview. It would be pretty weird for him to preface everything he says with "sources tell Yahoo". That said, he's already gone on record, in the precise manner you preferred.

For as much as Kevin Love has publicly resisted the discussion of free agency this season, it has been on his mind. He has never been completely comfortable in Cleveland, with his role, nor his connection to those around him. Throughout the year, league sources say, one destination grew in possibility as his exit strategy: The Boston Celtics.

Boston has been no sure thing to lure Love, but it had a better shot than most had believed. If Love left the Cavaliers, the Celtics had closed the gap on the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Like I said, that wasn't evident in how the info was originally presented.