Author Topic: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love  (Read 13894 times)

Re: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2015, 10:59:26 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Thank God!!! If Love comes to Boston definitely expect us to move up for Willie Cauley-Stein because of how well they would fit or make a huge run at Deandre Jordan who would complement Love immensely. Hypothetical best case scenario. Sign Love and Deandre. Trade Smart and 16 up for Stanley Johnson.

PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Stanley Johnson
PF: Kevin Love
C: Deandre Jordan

Can someone say Banner 18??

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2015, 11:02:32 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
How would you get Stanley Johnson?

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2015, 11:04:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Thank God!!! If Love comes to Boston definitely expect us to move up for Willie Cauley-Stein because of how well they would fit or make a huge run at Deandre Jordan who would complement Love immensely. Hypothetical best case scenario. Sign Love and Deandre. Trade Smart and 16 up for Stanley Johnson.

PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Stanley Johnson
PF: Kevin Love
C: Deandre Jordan

Can someone say Banner 18??
If we signed Love and Jordan than turned around and blew it by wasting all kinds of assets for WCS and Johnson I would probably cry.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2015, 11:09:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celtics might actually have a chance at picking up the Crybaby.  I wonder if his one condition is that KO needs to be traded.   That won't end well

I rather give Sully and KO another shot.  Just not a fan of Love the baby

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2015, 11:12:17 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Love couldn't get Minny near the play-offs.  He struggled to fit in with the most unselfish superstar in decades.  His team is cruising without him.  What does he have to do for people to realize he is not the answer and we don't want him????

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2015, 11:12:52 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Imagine this starting five...

IT, Paul Pierce, Kevin Love, and Cousins

A man can only dream...
we'd get destroyed if we only put four on the floor!

:p
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 11:14:44 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Celtics might actually have a chance at picking up the Crybaby.  I wonder if his one condition is that KO needs to be traded.   That won't end well

Really? lol Even on similarly bad teams, neither of them have even come close to Love's effectiveness and statistical dominance.

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2015, 11:18:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Really? lol Even on similarly bad teams, neither of them have even come close to Love's effectiveness and statistical dominance.

give them a chance.  It took love  a while to get a pro body. Be a consistent threat from the 3 pt line.

It's do or die (to be better than just role players) for Sully and KO next season

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2015, 11:25:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Love couldn't get Minny near the play-offs.  He struggled to fit in with the most unselfish superstar in decades.  His team is cruising without him.  What does he have to do for people to realize he is not the answer and we don't want him????

No, it's not that WE don't want him.

It's that YOU and a few others don't want him.

HUGE difference.

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2015, 11:27:14 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

What will it take for you to realize that Sully and KO are role players whereas Love is an actual star player you can build around?

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2015, 11:28:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I dont love him either but I think he is a good enough player that you simply must sign him if given the opportunity. He was horribly misused and unhappy in cleveland and yet he still put up 16 and 10 numbers with a really high PER.

Adding Love as a FA without giving up any trade ammo and still being some quick cap work away from another max is huge.

I mean with Love in place, we become a potential contender. In fact, to a guy like Marc Gasol we become a very attractive destination.

Great coach, great atmosphere, team is one maybe two players away from legit contention in the East.

Lets get really hypothetical.

I believe we have 23 mil with renouncing everything but Crowder and the 1sts.

So trade Wallace and 28 for nothing, now we have 34 mil.

Now we could add Harris or Middleton, but Id rather a center.

ET + KO + 16 for pick 8-10, select Stanley Johnson --> 38 mil in cap. Sign Gasol and Love. Match reasonable Crowder offers.

Smart IT4
Bradley Young
Crowder Johnson
Love Sully
Gasol Zeller

still have 4 1sts, the tradeable contracts of AB and IT4, 2 legit all-stars, a great coach, and the East/Atlantic factor to attack 1 more star in 2016.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2015, 12:07:17 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
C - Cousins
PF - Love
SF - Crowder
SG - Bradley
PG - Smart

We'd need to upgrade on Jae Crowder at SF, hopefully through the draft.  But that lineup would be pretty tough.  Maybe add a lockdown guy like Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.  He battled with D'Angelo Russell and did pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64DU-asXkAY

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2015, 12:18:39 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

give them a chance.  It took love  a while to get a pro body. Be a consistent threat from the 3 pt line.

It's do or die (to be better than just role players) for Sully and KO next season

Kevin Love is 26. His rookie year was 2008-2009, about 6 years ago. By his third year in the league, at age 22, Love was averaging just over 20 points and 15 rebounds per game.

Jared Sullinger is currently 23, entering his fourth year in the NBA. Kelly Olynyk is 24, entering his third year in the NBA. As much as I love our guys, neither of them will ever scratch Kevin Love levels.

Triboy, I know you love to prospect and look at potential (as evidenced by you amazingly detailed scouting reports and knowledge of the draft). However, at a certain point, a team needs proven commodities, and when an opportunity comes in which the proven commodity is not much older than  your prospects, I think you have to jump.

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 12:23:45 AM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474

I dont love him either but I think he is a good enough player that you simply must sign him if given the opportunity.

That is pretty much how I feel.  I don't think Love is the final piece, but he might be a great 1st one to attract other players, or even be part of a bigger trade down the line.

We have to start collecting all star level talent, and if Love is the only thing we can hook this summer, then I am ok with that.

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2015, 12:38:23 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

In my eyes Al Jefferson is untouchable.   What has KG ever won?  Way too early to give up on Big Al for a guy past his prime..