Author Topic: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love  (Read 13891 times)

Re: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:43 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
We should convince him that we need to keep KO so he doesn't have to face that fearsome Canadian Hockey Enforcer again on another team.  He's a lot less likely to get injured; it's the same reason why the Patriots should have signed Bernard Pollard.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 07:33:04 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
IT is like his best friend and apparently Ainge is big on IT's opinion/we know the C's have wanted him so the pieces seem to fit here. Let's hope.

I thought Cousins was IT's best friend? Love and IT are close?

Edit: Huh. The internet is cool. You can find all sorts of info.

Edit2: Now I am thinking about getting IT, Love, and Cousins together in Boston.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/5/25/8654643/danny-ainge-asked-for-isaiah-thomas-to-help-recruit-free-agents-kevin-love-boston-celtics
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 08:01:07 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Slightly off-topic, but I'd hope that PP34 holds his horses before choosing his next destination.

If Ainge/CBS can nab Love and assemble a few other pieces.....I'd welcome The Captain back here with open arms.

That is the only way I'd want to see The Captain back - with a team that could go far.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 08:17:22 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Imagine this starting five...

IT, Paul Pierce, Kevin Love, and Cousins

A man can only dream...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 08:23:52 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

A man can only dream...

More like a nightmare... I can already see them getting abused on the defensive end.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 08:28:58 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
As long as it's not a max deal and they also make a rim protection addition and put some real meat in the middle, I'm ok with it.

He certainly opened my eyes being in Cleveland, seems like a bit of a soft player, feels like he doesn't fit in so smoothly into a locker room.  I'm trying really hard not to psych myself out, but the more I think about it, the more I think the Celtics have a REAL chance to sign this guy.

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 08:30:05 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

A man can only dream...

That's the dream of all dreams lol

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2015, 08:31:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Slightly off-topic, but I'd hope that PP34 holds his horses before choosing his next destination.

If Ainge/CBS can nab Love and assemble a few other pieces.....I'd welcome The Captain back here with open arms.

That is the only way I'd want to see The Captain back - with a team that could go far.
Does he have to opt out before free agency begins?

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

A man can only dream...

Isn't this four?  I like IT, KL, DC.  Pass on PP, take a free agent SF like Leonard and AB for now.  Think MS would eventually pass AB.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2015, 08:40:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

A man can only dream...

More like a nightmare... I can already see them getting abused on the defensive end.

As long as IT came off bench as 6th man and PP34 was used in similar fashion as in WAS I think we'd be fine.

Danny would construct a strong team around him, and CBS would mask their weaknesses and enhance their strengths.

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 08:42:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Does he have to opt out before free agency begins?

Not sure if he would have to or not, but was basing my comments about PP34 on the rumor I saw about the Clips being a possiblity, and his comments at end of the WAS-ATL series....he certainly gave me the impression that he was leaving the door open for a possible departure.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Coming from Woj, the rumor actually has credibility now. I hope we get Love. No idea why so many ppl on cb don't like him, he is one of the best offensive big men in the league and a force on the boards, too.

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 08:54:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
IT is like his best friend and apparently Ainge is big on IT's opinion/we know the C's have wanted him so the pieces seem to fit here. Let's hope.

I'm dreaming of an IT/Love P&R combo. Unstoppable.

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 09:00:24 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
This is excellent news coming from Woj, who is generally seen as the preeminent guy when it comes to breaking NBA news.

Hopefully we can convince Love to come here early in free agency and entice someone else like DJ, Lopez, Gasol, Asik, etc. to also come. I also think WCS would be an excellent defensive big next to him. Dream lineup this year would be Smart, Bradley, Butler, Love, and WCS.

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 09:16:09 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I thought Cousins was IT's best friend? Love and IT are close?

Edit: Huh. The internet is cool. You can find all sorts of info.

Edit2: Now I am thinking about getting IT, Love, and Cousins together in Boston.

If only we could sell the Kings on a package around Sully, Zeller, Wallace's expiring and picks.