Author Topic: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love  (Read 13860 times)

Re: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 09:46:35 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Can't understand why Love would leave the extra money and chance for a title in Cleveland.

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 09:54:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ha ha that means they are getting rid of KO.    :)

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2015, 10:11:33 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
You don't say? The league's most successful franchise with the best young coach in the game, one of the best FOs in the league and a roster that used will and heart to make the playoffs in 2014-15 is in the hunt for Kevin Love? Why would he want to play in one of the biggest cities in America and one of the most unique in the world? Why would he want to join longtime friend Isaiah Thomas? I'm shocked! Especially after Woj told us last year that Love liked Boston!

This isn't a shot at you Eddie20. TP for the find. Just annoyed with the free agency pessimists.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:18 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Ha ha that means they are getting rid of KO.    :)

Good!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2015, 10:18:22 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
what!?  :o and give up the enforcer!!?? the celtics need olly to keep other teams in line.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 10:21:03 PM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense
Can't understand why Love would leave the extra money and chance for a title in Cleveland.

Really? Dude's a legit star in the prime of his career, he should be the focal point of an offense, not standing in the corner waiting for Lebron to maybe, justly maybe kick it out to him for a three.

The more pertinent question is, why would Cleavland want to keep him?  Since they've turned him into a stretch 4 who spots up and does some rebounding, why pay him the max. If you use Love like he's Channing Frye, just go get Channing Frye, he makes way less than the $20 mil Love's going to make. Other than the sunk cost of losing Wiggins, there's not much motivation for the Cavs in retaining him.

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Really? Dude's a legit star in the prime of his career, he should be the focal point of an offense, not standing in the corner waiting for Lebron to maybe, justly maybe kick it out to him for a three.

The more pertinent question is, why would Cleavland want to keep him?  Since they've turned him into a stretch 4 who spots up and does some rebounding, why pay him the max. If you use Love like he's Channing Frye, just go get Channing Frye, he makes way less than the $20 mil Love's going to make. Other than the sunk cost of losing Wiggins, there's not much motivation for the Cavs in retaining him.

20 TPs for A) having a cool username, B) it still being available.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
How many people are denying that there is a real chance that Love would consider Boston because it crushes their contention that the Celtics have no chance at signing a top free agent?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2015, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Imagine this starting five...

IT, Paul Pierce, Kevin Love, and Cousins

A man can only dream...

More like a nightmare... I can already see them getting abused on the defensive end.

Oh please!! Give me a break!!

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would love it, but I just don't see Love leaving the Cavs, unless hes honestly set on winning with him as the man. Sure, we could supplement that. If Love did come here, how does anyone feel about trading for Rudy Gay, and bringing in Omer Asik?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I would love it, but I just don't see Love leaving the Cavs, unless hes honestly set on winning with him as the man. Sure, we could supplement that. If Love did come here, how does anyone feel about trading for Rudy Gay, and bringing in Omer Asik?

I would feel great about it!

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2015, 10:42:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Feels like settling for good but not great players in an effort to create a good but not great team. I think it would limit options (cost of acquisition and salary space tied up) going forward and make it hard to turn team into a title contender.

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2015, 10:44:12 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Feels like settling for good but not great players creating a good but not great team. I think it would limit options (cost of acquisition and salary space tied up) going forward and make it hard to turn team into a title contender.

Yes. Love is not good enough by myself to contend with LeBron surrounded by above average players.

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2015, 10:46:44 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Feels like settling for good but not great players in an effort to create a good but not great team. I think it would limit options (cost of acquisition and salary space tied up) going forward and make it hard to turn team into a title contender.
I would normally  I agree with you completely, but I think all bets are off once the cap increases. These  next few years, I think management will play a large part in the long-term futures of each team, and having DA at the helm hopefully gives us that extra opportunity or two to try to get over-the-top.

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Lol that'd suck if Love bolts Cleveland. They'd then traded Andrew Wiggins and Michael Bennett for nothing LOL.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)