Author Topic: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love  (Read 13935 times)

Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://www.ysrpodcasts.com/jason/

Woj on Love...

Love has options. I think he's going to look around. He's going to look closely at Boston. He's going to look closely at LA. I'm sure the Texas teams want to get involved. He really likes Kevin McHale. He took the trade to Cleveland without knowing his role, without discussing with Blatt on how he would be used. I'm told that how he'll be used are some of the questions he wants to ask. I think Boston would be interesting because of Stevens and Ainge as a recruiting duo to sell him on how he'll be used there. I think Boston is a real legitimate possibility.

Posted this on the Lowe/Windhorst thread, but this is more closely related to the C's and felt it would get drowned out there.

Re: Woj: Boston a real legitimate possibility for Love
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This is great news. Love him or hate him. (I slightly dislike him) this would be a big win for the Celts for a multitude of reasons.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 06:55:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Wow, love to see this optimism from Woj - let us hope it comes to fruition!

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 06:56:53 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I just responded to that and gave you a TP. It is good news. Frankly, I trust Woj's sources more than Zach Lowes or Brian Windhorsts.

We may be overloaded with Power Forwards, but Love would be a great upgrade over all of them. No question.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 07:09:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
I just responded to that and gave you a TP. It is good news. Frankly, I trust Woj's sources more than Zach Lowes or Brian Windhorsts.

We may be overloaded with Power Forwards, but Love would be a great upgrade over all of them. No question.

Thanks.

The best thing is that by waiting a year we didn't have to give up Smart, Olynyk, Sullinger, future picks, and everything else that was rumored to have been part of the supposed package Flip turned down. That would be a real coup.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Hmm Love must be in a really weird position right now. The whole team celebrating and taking ice baths together. His name in the news for where he might leave after the season. Does he feel like a part of it if they win?

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 07:14:01 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Woj on Love...

Love has options. I think he's going to look around. He's going to look closely at Boston. He's going to look closely at LA. I'm sure the Texas teams want to get involved. He really likes Kevin McHale. He took the trade to Cleveland without knowing his role, without discussing with Blatt on how he would be used. I'm told that how he'll be used are some of the questions he wants to ask. I think Boston would be interesting because of Stevens and Ainge as a recruiting duo to sell him on how he'll be used there. I think Boston is a real legitimate possibility.

Posted this on the Lowe/Windhorst thread, but this is more closely related to the C's and felt it would get drowned out there.

If the C's sign Love, do they trade Sully and/or KO?  I would think maybe one.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 07:16:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Woj on Love...

If the C's sign Love, do they trade Sully and/or KO?  I would think maybe one.

I think Sullinger is the one that would be gone. I like Olynyk's ability to stretch the floor and he also has one more year than Sullinger under his rookie contract.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This made my day!!

Thank you for posting, though I'll try to temper expectations until Love actually signs on the dotted line.

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:23:32 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This is awesome stuff. I hope Kevin Love realizes that he will be THE MAN in Boston and will be utilized so much more better than they have been doing in Cleveland.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 07:27:34 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
IT is like his best friend and apparently Ainge is big on IT's opinion/we know the C's have wanted him so the pieces seem to fit here. Let's hope.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 07:28:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Coming from Woj, it has some legs :)

Woj has good stuff, with substance to it.

I'd hope Love considers where his star will shine the brightest, and his legacy.

His legacy isn't as a Third Wheel in CLE. He is much better than that as a player.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 07:29:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
IT is like his best friend and apparently Ainge is big on IT's opinion/we know the C's have wanted him so the pieces seem to fit here. Let's hope.

I thought Cousins was IT's best friend? Love and IT are close?

Edit: Huh. The internet is cool. You can find all sorts of info.

Edit2: Now I am thinking about getting IT, Love, and Cousins together in Boston.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
It just hit me... if we get Love in FA... on top of all of our other assets... just wow, we could have Love and the #1 pick next year if Brooklyn has an awful season

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

I thought Cousins was IT's best friend? Love and IT are close?

Apparently they've been very close since AAU. That IT trade just looks better and better.