Author Topic: Jared Dudley: "I would be surprised if Kevin Love goes to the Lakers"  (Read 19323 times)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd say Clarkson and Smart had comparably good seasons, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that they'd have similar trade value.

As celticsclay mentioned, you get late picks that outperform their draft position all the time. (KJ McDaniels was getting ROY buzz early in the season.) They have to do well over a significantly longer stretch to prove that almost every NBA scout that watched them initially was actually wrong.

Smart's pedigree and draft position still holds a lot of weight.

(Randle doesn't even bear mentioning. He's played all of 15 minutes of NBA basketball and still needs to prove that he can recover from his injury.)
Combine Clarkson and Randle together, that's an intriguing duo that can probably fetch a mediocre fringe star on a team rebuilding... like Derozan, for example.

Yeah I might do that deal if I'm Toronto, but it's not like Smart (or a couple mediocre first rounders from us for that matter) couldn't do the same.

I don't see those two guys being easily flipped for a foundational superstar for the Lakers.
My point was that if they sign Love and Rondo, they probably don't need Randle and Clarkson... so they could probably trade them... and they could probably get something substantial.   I imagine we could get something similar for Marcus Smart + #16, but without Rondo, Kobe, Kevin Love and Okafor on board, it doesn't make much sense for us to add a Derozan-level talent.

"If they sign Love and Rondo" being the key word there. If we signed Love and (another good free agent not named Rajon Rondo) we'd probably be in similar or better shape. Same probably goes for any other team in the NBA.

"They would be one trade from contending if they signed two top free agents" really isn't saying much.

(unrelated to the main point, but Smart + 16 for Derozan would be a horrendous trade. Smart for Derozan straight up is probably a fair trade and even then I wouldn't do it.)
Premise of this thread is that Kevin Love going to Los Angeles would be a surprise.   It would be anything but a surprise.   Most likely he stays in Cleveland or goes to the Lakers.

I'm not arguing for the Lakers contender status.  I'm arguing against the idea that the Lakers are a bad fit.  He's probably going there if he leaves Cleveland.

But this all started because you're arguing that he'd be a good fit based on a bunch of things that may or may not happen. My point is that plenty of teams out there have assets as good or better than the Lakers and everyone will have cap space in 2016. If I'm Love (or any sane player) I don't trust their notoriously incompetent front office to build a contender around me nor do I trust their dinosaur coach to utilize me properly.

I suppose it's just a matter of opinion.
No... this all started when Jared Dudley opened his ignorant mouth and claimed he'd be "surprised" if Love ended up with the Lakers due to the lack of stars and Kobe.  Vermont Green pointed out why Dudley is wrong.  I just agreed with Vermont Green and added the point that the Lakers could max out their salary this year by signing Love + Rondo and actually have 40 mil in cap space next season when Kobe falls off the books. 

Dudley is the instigator here.  Dude is spewing some outlandish bizarre contrarian stuff.   As Windhorst and Lowe point out in their podcast... every single person they talk to says Love is leaving the Cavs for the Lakers.

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Just makes sense

Young Kev

His pop

His uncle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oRb9-mypxg

His girlfriend

Whoops... ex girlfriend.  Current girlfriend:

The Cavaliers' Kevin Love is dating the lovely model and actress Cody Horn. She's the daughter of Alan Horn, the chairman of Walt Disney Studios and former president of Warner Bros. Cody grew up in Los Angeles

Kevin Love is about as Los Angeles as it gets.   People have been saying for a long time that he'll end up with the Lakers.  I'd guess it's like 55% - Lakers, 35% - Cavs, 5% - Boston, 5% - Someone else

If anyone is a threat to pop a shoulder it is his girlfriend, any type of midnight tango and that thing could just go, seriously put on some weight ;)

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'd say Clarkson and Smart had comparably good seasons, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that they'd have similar trade value.

As celticsclay mentioned, you get late picks that outperform their draft position all the time. (KJ McDaniels was getting ROY buzz early in the season.) They have to do well over a significantly longer stretch to prove that almost every NBA scout that watched them initially was actually wrong.

Smart's pedigree and draft position still holds a lot of weight.

(Randle doesn't even bear mentioning. He's played all of 15 minutes of NBA basketball and still needs to prove that he can recover from his injury.)
Combine Clarkson and Randle together, that's an intriguing duo that can probably fetch a mediocre fringe star on a team rebuilding... like Derozan, for example.

Yeah I might do that deal if I'm Toronto, but it's not like Smart (or a couple mediocre first rounders from us for that matter) couldn't do the same.

I don't see those two guys being easily flipped for a foundational superstar for the Lakers.
My point was that if they sign Love and Rondo, they probably don't need Randle and Clarkson... so they could probably trade them... and they could probably get something substantial.   I imagine we could get something similar for Marcus Smart + #16, but without Rondo, Kobe, Kevin Love and Okafor on board, it doesn't make much sense for us to add a Derozan-level talent.

"If they sign Love and Rondo" being the key word there. If we signed Love and (another good free agent not named Rajon Rondo) we'd probably be in similar or better shape. Same probably goes for any other team in the NBA.

"They would be one trade from contending if they signed two top free agents" really isn't saying much.

(unrelated to the main point, but Smart + 16 for Derozan would be a horrendous trade. Smart for Derozan straight up is probably a fair trade and even then I wouldn't do it.)
Premise of this thread is that Kevin Love going to Los Angeles would be a surprise.   It would be anything but a surprise.   Most likely he stays in Cleveland or goes to the Lakers.

I'm not arguing for the Lakers contender status.  I'm arguing against the idea that the Lakers are a bad fit.  He's probably going there if he leaves Cleveland.

But this all started because you're arguing that he'd be a good fit based on a bunch of things that may or may not happen. My point is that plenty of teams out there have assets as good or better than the Lakers and everyone will have cap space in 2016. If I'm Love (or any sane player) I don't trust their notoriously incompetent front office to build a contender around me nor do I trust their dinosaur coach to utilize me properly.

I suppose it's just a matter of opinion.
No... this all started when Jared Dudley opened his ignorant mouth and claimed he'd be "surprised" if Love ended up with the Lakers due to the lack of stars and Kobe.  Vermont Green pointed out why Dudley is wrong.  I just agreed with Vermont Green and added the point that the Lakers could max out their salary this year by signing Love + Rondo and actually have 40 mil in cap space next season when Kobe falls off the books. 

Dudley is the instigator here.  Dude is spewing some outlandish bizarre contrarian stuff.   As Windhorst and Lowe point out in their podcast... every single person they talk to says Love is leaving the Cavs for the Lakers.

Yes and no.  Here's the quote:

Brian Windhorst: Every executive I talk to, every agent I talk to, every quasi insider, every girlfriend?s cousin?s sister?s boyfriend all says this guy is out of there.

Zach Lowe: I hear the same thing from everybody. From everyone that is two or three or four steps removed. I don?t quite believe all of that.

Windhorst: I agree.

Lowe: Part of what?s going on there is the Lakers? boogeyman. They don?t just say he?s out of there, they say ?He?s going to the Lakers.? That has much to do with the fear people have of the Lakers as it does with Kevin Love.

Windhorst: I can?t get a read on Kevin. His personality is a little bit different than many players I?ve covered. He has at every turn even gone out of his way to make statements about how he intends to remain in Cleveland.

Sounds like everyone is convinced he's going to the lakers for the sole reason being that they're the lakers and they always sign the big free agents.  In fact the last big free agent signing (not resigning one of theirs) they had was Shaq nearly twenty years ago.

I'm not saying he doesn't go to the lakers.  I have no idea.  I just don't think they sound too convinced that what is being said has any basis.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
If the Lakers have Kobe and Love as the core for next year, they only need to add one really good, semi-top FA and they will be right in the hunt, every bit as much as Cleveland.  Love would have to decide whether he wants to chase a ring or go to a perennially top franchise and ride out a likely dip after Kobe retires.

Moving forward, the Lakers would have Love and whoever is the other FA they sign (Rondo?, Butler?) plus a pretty good cadre of young players (Randle, Towns, Clarkson) and once Kobe is gone, they can sign another FA.  I don't think the dip is going to last very long for the Lakers.

My conclusion is that I disagree with Jared Dudley.  I would not be the least bit surprised if Love goes to the Lakers.  I would be far more surprised if he came to the Celtics.
Here's the thing with the Lakers...  They have like 30 mil in cap space.   They could free up another 5 mil if they dump Nick Young.  They could theoretically add both Kevin Love and Rondo, if they still actually want Rondo.

That gives them Rondo, Jordan Clarkson (who just finished all rookie 1st team over Marcus Smart who just finished 6th in the rookie of the year voting behind 4th place marcus smart and 5th place Joseph Nurkic with 3 total points from all voters), Julius Randle, Kevin Love and Okafor.   I mean... it wouldn't be too hard for them to trade Randle for a quality forward if they want.  I said in another thread they could probably move Randle + Clarkson for Derozan fairly easily if they wanted a scoring forward.  Yeah, the defense on that team would be questionable, but whatever...

Here's my point.  Say they cap out the salary this year.    Kobe falls off the books at the end of the season... the cap jumps 20 mil.   That means they'll have about 40 mil in cap space to add talent around Rondo, Clarkson, Randle, Love and Okafor...   Ooof.  They can replace Kobe with two max contract players.  Then Kobe prob comes back mid-season for the vet min anyways, because he'll be bored and want attention.

The year after... cap jumps another 20 mil... you got yourself Rondo, Clarkson, Randle, Love, Okafor, Max Contract 1, Max Contract 2... and now you can add Max Contract 3. 

Getting talent this summer is crucial.   The cap is going to jump next season and Boston will be competing with every team in the league in the free agent market.  Usually talent attracts other talent.

Fixed it for ya
Funny.

Neither of them received a single vote for Rookie of the year... so it's a pretty irrelevant bit of info, aint it?   Whereas 74 people voted Clarkson All-Rookie 1st team and 28 voted Smart... so no need to fix it... Clarkson was all rookie 1st team.  Smart was all Rookie 2nd team.

Clarkson has trade value.  I imagine Clarkson + Randle has considerable trade value.  Almost like trading two Marcus Smarts.  Lol jk

2011 NBA rookies
1st team Gary Neal.  2nd team Paul George.

2010 NBA rookies
1st team Brandon Jennings.  2nd team James Harden.

2009 NBA rookies
1st team Michael Beasley.  2nd team Kevin Love and Marc Gasol.

Mike
Would it be outlandish to say that Gary Neal had trade value in 2011?  Would it be crazy to say Brnadon Jennings had trade value in 2010?   Would it be an act of nuttery to say Michael Beasley had trade value in 2009?

'Course not.  Proof:  Half this forum wanted to trade Rondo for Brandon Jennings in 2009.  They saw him as a future superstar.  I'd dig up the thread for proof (I was one of the few skeptics throwing ice on it and comparing him to DaJuan Wagner), but I think clay has already shamed me enough for bumping my "i told you so" posts.

Point is... if the Lakers go out and add Love and Rondo (who I'd guess they still have some interest in), they can probably get something out of Clarkson and/or Randle.  They have some pieces in place.   I could see Love signing there.

No, the point is that you're trying to argue that Clarkson is better or at least a better asset than Smart and you used a poor example to do so.

And if Boston signed DeAndre Jordan and Love, they could get more for Sully and KO than the Lakers could for Randle and Clarkson.

Mike

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Even if they win the finals, it seems like Love is leaving Cleveland. The chances get better and better by the day. And to be honest, I don't think it has a whole lot to do with his role in the offense, or David Blatt or wanting to be a featured player or any of that. I think he just doesn't fit in. He's not comfortable around LeBron and the Bronettes. Wade and Bosh were LeBrons boys, same with Kyrie and Thompson. Both Wiggins and Love were not, and LeBron figured he may as well get the guy who's currently a top 20 player. K Love just doesn't fit in with that group. He wants to go somewhere he'll feel comfortable and accepted, more than anything else.

You know who would make him feel comfortable? One of his childhood best friends, who just so happens to be on our team AND recently came out saying Ainge asked him to recruit FA's to Boston, Isaiah Thomas.

Sometimes the reverse optimism around here just gets crazy. I'm not saying hell definitely sign here, and he could darn well leave Cleveland and sign with the Lakers, but were certainly in the running for him. If your two choices were between Boston and LA, nearly every basketball related reason is in the Celtics favor. And with IT and him being so close, we have a good shot. I'm not expecting him to coke here, but I wouldn't be shocked either .

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
This thread, or at least my part in it, has nothing to do with who has more trade value between Smart and Clarkson. I think Smart had a little more trade value but that has little to do with the Lakers ability to put a team around Love. It would have to start with Love deciding to leave CLE. Who knows what is going on there. But if he does leave CLE, I believe the Lakers are a likely landing spot. I think that also goes for Rondo. Rondo may have hurt that chance but it still seems like he will end up there.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
If the Lakers have Kobe and Love as the core for next year, they only need to add one really good, semi-top FA and they will be right in the hunt, every bit as much as Cleveland.  Love would have to decide whether he wants to chase a ring or go to a perennially top franchise and ride out a likely dip after Kobe retires.

Moving forward, the Lakers would have Love and whoever is the other FA they sign (Rondo?, Butler?) plus a pretty good cadre of young players (Randle, Towns, Clarkson) and once Kobe is gone, they can sign another FA.  I don't think the dip is going to last very long for the Lakers.

My conclusion is that I disagree with Jared Dudley.  I would not be the least bit surprised if Love goes to the Lakers.  I would be far more surprised if he came to the Celtics.
Here's the thing with the Lakers...  They have like 30 mil in cap space.   They could free up another 5 mil if they dump Nick Young.  They could theoretically add both Kevin Love and Rondo, if they still actually want Rondo.

That gives them Rondo, Jordan Clarkson (who just finished all rookie 1st team over Marcus Smart who just finished 6th in the rookie of the year voting behind 4th place marcus smart and 5th place Joseph Nurkic with 3 total points from all voters), Julius Randle, Kevin Love and Okafor.   I mean... it wouldn't be too hard for them to trade Randle for a quality forward if they want.  I said in another thread they could probably move Randle + Clarkson for Derozan fairly easily if they wanted a scoring forward.  Yeah, the defense on that team would be questionable, but whatever...

Here's my point.  Say they cap out the salary this year.    Kobe falls off the books at the end of the season... the cap jumps 20 mil.   That means they'll have about 40 mil in cap space to add talent around Rondo, Clarkson, Randle, Love and Okafor...   Ooof.  They can replace Kobe with two max contract players.  Then Kobe prob comes back mid-season for the vet min anyways, because he'll be bored and want attention.

The year after... cap jumps another 20 mil... you got yourself Rondo, Clarkson, Randle, Love, Okafor, Max Contract 1, Max Contract 2... and now you can add Max Contract 3. 

Getting talent this summer is crucial.   The cap is going to jump next season and Boston will be competing with every team in the league in the free agent market.  Usually talent attracts other talent.

Fixed it for ya
Funny.

Neither of them received a single vote for Rookie of the year... so it's a pretty irrelevant bit of info, aint it?   Whereas 74 people voted Clarkson All-Rookie 1st team and 28 voted Smart... so no need to fix it... Clarkson was all rookie 1st team.  Smart was all Rookie 2nd team.

Clarkson has trade value.  I imagine Clarkson + Randle has considerable trade value.  Almost like trading two Marcus Smarts.  Lol jk

2011 NBA rookies

2010 NBA rookies

2009 NBA rookies

Mike
Would it be outlandish to say that Gary Neal had trade value in 2011?  Would it be crazy to say Brnadon Jennings had trade value in 2010?   Would it be an act of nuttery to say Michael Beasley had trade value in 2009?

'Course not.  Proof:  Half this forum wanted to trade Rondo for Brandon Jennings in 2009.  They saw him as a future superstar.  I'd dig up the thread for proof (I was one of the few skeptics throwing ice on it and comparing him to DaJuan Wagner), but I think clay has already shamed me enough for bumping my "i told you so" posts.

Point is... if the Lakers go out and add Love and Rondo (who I'd guess they still have some interest in), they can probably get something out of Clarkson and/or Randle.  They have some pieces in place.   I could see Love signing there.

No, the point is that you're trying to argue that Clarkson is better or at least a better asset than Smart and you used a poor example to do so.

And if Boston signed DeAndre Jordan and Love, they could get more for Sully and KO than the Lakers could for Randle and Clarkson.

Mike
You genuinely believe we could get more for Sully + KO than the Lakers could get for Randle + Clarkson?   Interesting. 

Again... doesn't matter.   This thread isn't about Clarkson.  I didn't make it about Clarkson.   It's about whether Kevin Love goes to the Lakers.  I think if he leaves the Cavs, he'll probably go to the Lakers.   Lots of pieces in place put them in a very nice position.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Jared Dudley's been dishing the dirt on everybody, lately.  Dude should work for Entertainment Tonight or Extra, lol ;D.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Just makes sense

Young Kev

His pop

His uncle

His girlfriend

The Cavaliers' Kevin Love is dating the lovely model and actress Cody Horn. She's the daughter of Alan Horn, the chairman of Walt Disney Studios and former president of Warner Bros. Cody grew up in Los Angeles

Kevin Love is about as Los Angeles as it gets.   People have been saying for a long time that he'll end up with the Lakers.  I'd guess it's like 55% - Lakers, 35% - Cavs, 5% - Boston, 5% - Someone else

If anyone is a threat to pop a shoulder it is his girlfriend, any type of midnight tango and that thing could just go, seriously put on some weight ;)

Lol at 'midnight tango' ;D, TP.  There are so many jokes here.  Does Love go all Hot Rod ;D Hundley on Jeff Hornacek with her and call her 'horny,' ahaha ;D, and after their 'midnight tangos' ;D, does he ask her if she's loving (no pun intended ;D) those good vibrations ;) ;D, because she's certainly giving him excitations ;D (I had to look up the lyrics to that crap, btw, lol ;D), ahaha ;D.

I also don't understand why people want him here.  Sure, he's a very good player, but he's also a pretty big defensive liability, and, more importantly, he is the antithesis of a Celtic, imo.  Not interested.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:55:03 AM by Beat LA »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I expect him to go to the Lakers too, but it is very encouraging as a C's fan to see an NBA player voice this and then the same day to see Woj suggest we are also in the hunt. I think KO is a nonfactor here and if he becomes a factor hes gone for a #1 pick in a flash.

For me Cleveland makes the most sense, but everyone says hes out. Boston has courted this guy for two years, Ainge and Stevens will make  a bigtime pitch, and its possible that Love doesnt want to deal with Kobe.

Despite all these reports Id put us in 3rd in the Kevin Love sweepstakes

1. LA ~ 35
1a. Cleveland ~ 35
3. Boston ~ 10
4. everyone else with max space and an open frontcourt.

We still have a lot of ground to cover in my book, but adding Love turns the picture on its head.

Now we have our star in place (and for the record I dont love love nor do I think hes a top flight player,but he is a star)

Now all of a sudden we can make a legit pitch to a FA that we are 1 piece away.

I mean, you could call up Marc Gasol and tell him, "hey Mr. Gasol, we have a very similar blueprint to Memphis. We want to put you next to a tremendous offensive forward who can rebound. Our team and fans identify with grit and grind. We believe Marcus Smart is close to becoming a Mike Conley type player. There are a few differences. First, we play in the Atlantic. Second we are in the East. Third, we have Brad Stevens."
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I just don't see why Love would choose the Lakers. It's basically the worst of both worlds: the team has no talent like the T-Wolves, and also has Kobe who will be a 10x worse version of Lebron.

The only reason he would be leaving the Cavs to begin with is because he cares about his career and stature in the league. There's no reason to go to LA other than being from there (which may not even be a big thing to him for all we know.)

That doesn't necessary mean he'll come to the Celtics, but I'd be very very surprised if he ended up in LA.

he's not even from LA, he grew up in Portland.

He is not from Portland he was born in Southern California .

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Fixed it for ya
Funny.

2011 NBA rookies

2010 NBA rookies

2009 NBA rookies

Mike

Mike
You genuinely believe we could get more for Sully + KO than the Lakers could get for Randle + Clarkson?   Interesting. 

Again... doesn't matter.   This thread isn't about Clarkson.  I didn't make it about Clarkson.   It's about whether Kevin Love goes to the Lakers.  I think if he leaves the Cavs, he'll probably go to the Lakers.   Lots of pieces in place put them in a very nice position.

1.  You were the one taking a gratuitous shot at Marcus Smart.

2.  The overly optimistic fan is frequently mocked but I think the "Look how much smarter I am than other fans" fan is far more ridiculous.

3.  I would not be shocked to see Love wind up in LA but the Lakers front office is a mess, the coach is dubious, even with Okafor and Randle next season they'll be a bottom 5 team as far as talent in the West and even adding Love to that still leaves them looking up at the Warriors, Clippers, Rockets and Blazers.  It's hard to see Love going there unless the Lakers make at least two big moves first, and there is going to be a bunch of teams with cap space and attractive situations competing for players this offseason.

Mike

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Fixed it for ya
Funny.

2011 NBA rookies

2010 NBA rookies

2009 NBA rookies

Mike

Mike

1.  You were the one taking a gratuitous shot at Marcus Smart.

2.  The overly optimistic fan is frequently mocked but I think the "Look how much smarter I am than other fans" fan is far more ridiculous.

3.  I would not be shocked to see Love wind up in LA but the Lakers front office is a mess, the coach is dubious, even with Okafor and Randle next season they'll be a bottom 5 team as far as talent in the West and even adding Love to that still leaves them looking up at the Warriors, Clippers, Rockets and Blazers.  It's hard to see Love going there unless the Lakers make at least two big moves first, and there is going to be a bunch of teams with cap space and attractive situations competing for players this offseason.

Mike

#1 - I didn't take any shot at Marcus Smart.  I was listing off Laker assets in reference to how the Lakers could build around K-Love and casually mentioned that Jordan Clarkson (according to voters) had a better rookie season than Smart.  I pointed out this fact, because I realize a lot of people on this forum don't pay attention to the rest of the league.  I just brought it up for context.  Every time Clarkson is mentioned on this forum, people seem surprised by how productive he was.  It seems strange to list off an unknown 2nd rounder in a list of prime Laker assets... so I gave it some context.   Point was that the Lakers can sign Rondo and Love this summer, add a superstar prospect in Okafor, and if needed they can flip Randle and Clarkson since both would become expendable and both have trade value.  Then when Kobe's contract expires, they'll have 40 million in cap space next summer to sign two max contracts.   They are in a nice position.   I disagree with Dudley and the premise of this thread.

Long story short:  Kevin Love is most likely either staying in Cleveland or going to the Lakers.  Dudley is just running his mouth. 

Side note:  No need for anyone to White Knight anytime someone mentions Marcus Smart.  Nobody is attacking him.  I've mentioned dozens of times that I see him as by far our best asset.  If we make a move for an all-star this summer, Smart will surely be the best asset in our trade package.  A B- asset in a sea of C's and D's on these C's.  He was a heck of a consolidation prize after our failed tank job last season.   Sometimes I bring up Celtic players when talking about other teams... figure it gives some context since most people here are diehard Celtic fans and understandably focus on the Boston players.  For example, I use to bring up Sullinger when talking about Terrence JOnes, because few people here paid attention to the Rockets and weren't aware that Jones and Sully had roughly the same trade value.  Some fans would get defensive, because they didn't know much about Jones.  I assume fans casually watch the playoffs and probably are more familiar with Jones at this point, though.  He's probably leapfrogged Sully in terms of trade value... doubt anyone would throw a fit at the comparison anymore. 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:08:25 AM by LarBrd33 »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Just makes sense

Young Kev

His pop

His uncle

His girlfriend

Lol at 'midnight tango' ;D, TP.  There are so many jokes here.  Does Love go all Hot Rod ;D Hundley on Jeff Hornacek with her and call her 'horny,' ahaha ;D, and after their 'midnight tangos' ;D, does he ask her if she's loving (no pun intended ;D) those good vibrations ;) ;D, because she's certainly giving him excitations ;D (I had to look up the lyrics to that crap, btw, lol ;D), ahaha ;D.

I also don't understand why people want him here.  Sure, he's a very good player, but he's also a pretty big defensive liability, and, more importantly, he is the antithesis of a Celtic, imo.  Not interested.

If you go with the G rated version , it might go something like this , he has worked on his post up moves more with her than the entire season with the Cavs, he would certainly get his touches, play extended minutes when he was really feeling it.If he is a lucky guy get to play multiple positions, and expand his role playing , I mean role. Might get an increase in his shot attempts along the way as well. :D

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I just don't see why Love would choose the Lakers

He is from California.
They just got the number 2 pick.
The weather.