Author Topic: Jared Dudley: "I would be surprised if Kevin Love goes to the Lakers"  (Read 19350 times)

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Kevin love signing with the celtics might be the only semi-plausible outcome that excites me this summer. 

Demarcus cousins would excite me too, but I don't see it as plausible.  I think we'd get outbid even if we included Marcus Smart.

Greg Monroe is probably the most plausible "big name" we have a shot at, but it doesn't excite me.

LaMarcus Aldridge and Marc gasol would be big additions but I dont think we are on the radar for either.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
anyone found out what Jerred Bayless thinks?

haha tp!

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Kevin love signing with the celtics might be the only semi-plausible outcome that excites me this summer. 

Demarcus cousins would excite me too, but I don't see it as plausible.  I think we'd get outbid even if we included Marcus Smart.

Greg Monroe is probably the most plausible "big name" we have a shot at, but it doesn't excite me.

LaMarcus Aldridge and Marc gasol would be big additions but I dont think we are on the radar for either.

I am less pumped about Love than I was a year ago, but still would be pretty happy if we got him. At the end of the day he immediately becomes our most talented player and would be leaving a team we would hopefully be contending against in a few years (or maybe next year with some miracles). I still would buy him going somewhere else before us though unless he really loves the city and IT.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Could you imagine if danny could convince gasol and love to come here. We would have to trade Wallace and Bradley which would be no problem .

Pg: smart.  / Thomas
SG: grant          / young
Sf crowder. / turner
Pf : love        / ko(although he might have to go if love is coming)
 C : gasol.     / Zeller

Draft grant with # 16

Plus most of our future draft picks and cap room in 2016. We would be contenders by 2016-17

Get to work danny!

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I could totally see the Lakers being a front-runner for Love and Kobe being a factor that screws it up for LA.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I just don't see why Love would choose the Lakers. It's basically the worst of both worlds: the team has no talent like the T-Wolves, and also has Kobe who will be a 10x worse version of Lebron.

The only reason he would be leaving the Cavs to begin with is because he cares about his career and stature in the league. There's no reason to go to LA other than being from there (which may not even be a big thing to him for all we know.)

That doesn't necessary mean he'll come to the Celtics, but I'd be very very surprised if he ended up in LA.

UCLA. Play with Kobe. Possibly play with Okafor, Rondo, and Randle. Hollywood. Beaches lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Simple I think as ..

If Cavs loose

He leaves ....he is not really needed , no use staying another year to loose with LeBron. He start over on the Lakers ....I'd bet the ranch.

If Cavs ...win the title ....which I'm beginning to think,  " not hope" ,  they will ....I think love 100% stays.   To be part of the LeBron dynasty ....,lOl :D

If your the lakers , I think you want LeBron to,fail.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Simple I think as ..

If Cavs loose

He leaves ....he is not really needed , no use staying another year to loose with LeBron.

If Cavs ...win the title ....which I'm beginning to think,  " not hope" ,  they will ....I think love 100% stays.   To be part of the LeBron dynasty ....,lOl :D
I think it's the exact opposite

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I don't see Love returning to Cleveland considering everything that has transpired this season. LeBron's buddy Tristan Thompson has unseated him and will be rewarded with a nice contract. The Lakers don't seem like a likely destination either with the young frontcourt they'll have next season. I think he'll look around and the C's will have a great chance to sign him.

He's a really good player that would fit into the CBS system but his mental makeup is questionable. He would help attract other players tho so you [dang] sure do it if you can.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Simple I think as ..

If Cavs loose

He leaves ....he is not really needed , no use staying another year to loose with LeBron.

I think it's the exact opposite

lOL ....you could be right ..I don't see  Kevin Love thinking like that.   I think there is no real friend ship or devotion to LeBron,  and Cavs losing gives Love a chance to get the heck out of Dodge , a place he probably hates being with players that are divas..

If Cavs Win the title....then he might stay, why leave a title winning team .....or more of a chance .....he might leave either way

I really don't think Cavs even need him really.    I think they could re invest Loves money on a decent replacement and another average big man.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd Love Love in BOS.

But wherever he goes/lands, he needs to be in a place where his star will shine brightly.

Him being 3rd fiddle in CLE (Lebron, kyrie, then whomever else) greatly diminishes what he COULD be.

Chris Bosh being third fiddle in MIA seemed fitting...no knock on Bosh because I like him as a player, but IMO his skillset does not/could not make players around him better.

But KLove? As an exceptional distributor, inside-outside scorer and elite rebounder, he is keeping that Star SO dim in CLE...he needs to go somewhere where it can shine.

I am sure that Lebron would do all in his power to make KLove feel welcome, but short of Magic or Bird NO ONE can keep THAT MANY mouths fed....just not enough basketball/minutes to go around.

The comments in a similar thread (from yesterday) explained the ins/outs of both KLove AND Thompson co-existing. Forget that foolishness.

KLove needs to go somewhere where he can SHINE. He is no THIRD WHEEL.

KLove and Okafor and 37 y.o. Kobe isn't going to make that happen for him, nor will it get much better once Kobe leaves or retires after next year.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
omg who cares about Jared Dudley

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I just don't see why Love would choose the Lakers. It's basically the worst of both worlds: the team has no talent like the T-Wolves, and also has Kobe who will be a 10x worse version of Lebron.

The only reason he would be leaving the Cavs to begin with is because he cares about his career and stature in the league. There's no reason to go to LA other than being from there (which may not even be a big thing to him for all we know.)

That doesn't necessary mean he'll come to the Celtics, but I'd be very very surprised if he ended up in LA.

Go back to Sota and play with an up and coming roster including Wiggins and Towns.  I kid. Ha I wouldn't be surprised though if the Wolves make a leap in a number of wins next year.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Let's not forget that IT and Love were childhood friends, too. I think we have as good of a shot as anyone to nab him.

At this point, it does almost seem like a foregone conclusion that he leaves the Cavs no matter what happens.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Just makes sense

Young Kev

His pop

His uncle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oRb9-mypxg

His girlfriend

Whoops... ex girlfriend.  Current girlfriend:

The Cavaliers' Kevin Love is dating the lovely model and actress Cody Horn. She's the daughter of Alan Horn, the chairman of Walt Disney Studios and former president of Warner Bros. Cody grew up in Los Angeles

Kevin Love is about as Los Angeles as it gets.   People have been saying for a long time that he'll end up with the Lakers.  I'd guess it's like 55% - Lakers, 35% - Cavs, 5% - Boston, 5% - Someone else