Author Topic: expect zeller to come back next season  (Read 2850 times)

Re: expect zeller to come back next season
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 10:46:30 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
He has really good hands and a very fast shot from in close. He looked great when Rondo was here. Hopefully we get another center and lower what we need from Zeller. As the 8th man and backup 5, I love him. As a starter, we are losing a lot of matchups. 

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 10:59:24 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
He has really good hands and a very fast shot from in close. He looked great when Rondo was here. Hopefully we get another center and lower what we need from Zeller. As the 8th man and backup 5, I love him. As a starter, we are losing a lot of matchups.
I like him in the game when teams aren't focusing as heavily on team defense as they do with the game on the line in the 4Q and also at the start of the the 3Q.  He does move really well without the ball and as you mention with his hands and ability to get shots off, he's a nice offensive weapon.  However when teams focus on him a bit, he's not quite as effective.  And I just thought he was weak defensively and especially off the boards against teams with good front lines.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 11:06:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
bigger and stronger and having more range on his jumper-zeller will also benefit from a second
 season with brad and hopefully some semblance of  of normality with players and rotations-last season was a nightmare for a new center on defenses as well as offense with all those trades and  then injuries to smart,kelly and sullinger-and adjusting to isiah at both ends of court-

backup or gets traded imo

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2015, 09:09:43 AM »

Offline hagar55voa

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Zeller gets no help on defense under the basket...He commits and the other guys don't rotate properly to help him out...Also, they don't go to him enough on offense...Too many guys chucking up threes...

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2015, 09:26:34 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
He's part of the mix but as was proven in the playoffs, he's a liability when it comes to rebounding.  He'll be part of a center platoon but the key guy will be whoever they bring in to compliment him.  Zeller can't be on the floor when you need stops late in games.

I had nightmares of Thompson beating him to every possible OR and wanted him traded on the spot and on the bench right away.

Then, Thompson abused The Bulls and Hawks in the very same way and I thought a bit better of Zeller. Afterwards, I checked his DREB% and his contested rebounds% - both are actually decent.

We should keep in mind this was his first year having a significant defensive role. Stevens joked it is the first time in his life being subbed in for defensive purposes. So yeah, he might get better defensively.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2015, 10:27:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hope we draft or acquire some athletic rim protection, it would really help the team.  Having to cover Sully on D, would be a full-time job.