Author Topic: 2015 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 131995 times)

Re: 2015 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #690 on: June 25, 2015, 11:44:59 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Blah. I guess if Ainge thinks he can become a decent NBA player then whatever. Upshaw must really not have checked out.

« Reply #691 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:10 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
He has the dreads of Crowder, but he's under the Celtics' maximum height of 6'4".

Man, Jae was sure expendable. I thought his hair was hard to replace, but we managed to replace him with someone shorter! Score!!

« Reply #692 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i swear, what ever it is that upshaw is doing, it must truly be horrific. does he regularly participate in human sacrifices or something like that?

wow.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Marcus Thornton is electric!  nice pick

Thornton and Rozier can battle it out in the summer league/practice

Thornton will be sent down in the d league or play in europe probably. But he is as explosive as they come in this draft

« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Welp...hope they try to address the swing and big position in free agency

« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2015, 11:47:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So tonight the Celts drafted, like ... Cory Joseph, Elliot Williams, and Jeremy Evans.

Hooray.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2015, 11:47:13 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
ang philly picks another C.lol

« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2015, 11:48:25 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
ang philly picks another C.lol
maybe philly and the celtics plan on merging?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2015, 11:49:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Despicable. Ainge needs to go into the witness protection program. Passing on Wood AND upshaw? Terrible.
yeah, don't get passing on Wood.  that's just mind boggling

« Reply #699 on: June 25, 2015, 11:49:20 PM »

Offline YeezusChrist

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
I think Danny and Hinkie got their brains switched

Danny's only choosing guards and Hinkie's only choosing Centers

Do you guys not realize that you're drafting players in your deepest positions!?!?!?!?!

« Reply #700 on: June 25, 2015, 11:49:57 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Ugh, another guard. I am beyond excited now. Please remind me why I stayed up for this? Maybe Upshaw after draft is over?

Well, if we ever play a game of hide and seek with the Sixers, I am betting on our team.

« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2015, 11:50:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
from SoSH...

Thornton, can shoot. 39% from 3, he had the 2nd highest max vertical, 4th quickest shuttle eun at the combine (Rozier was 3rd), fastest combine sprint, and he's short.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2015, 11:52:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
As a collection, I don't love the Celtics picks, but individually, I'm fine with all of them.  I guess that's what happens with BPA.  I was hoping for Thornton at 33, and we got him at 45, I love Hunter at 28, and if Ainge was really excited about what he saw on Rozier, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt (I think he intended to pick Oubre but for the trade that jumped ahead of him).  I'm not a huge Mickey fan, but he's got length, even if the top of his head isn't that tall.

Really there weren't many players who were going to make a difference next year outside the first few picks anyway, so we've got four guys to develop for a year.  If two pan out, that's perfectly fine.

« Reply #703 on: June 25, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Just a horrible, unbelievable night. Hopefully Danny knows of some potential trades that he's got planned, because right now we have one mess of a backcourt jam.

And I cannot believe he didn't take a chance and draft Upshaw with his last pick. I mean, why not?

« Reply #704 on: June 25, 2015, 11:56:08 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Here is why I like the Rozier pick

It's not his talent, what he's done in high school and college, or what he may do for the Cs.

It's the acknowledgement that the Cs are not close. We're not at a place where we should take a player that "fits a role"

Instead this pick is a best player available move. That's where the Cs have to be right now if we aren't able to make trades. I don't know if I agree with the talent evaluation, but I completely agree with the assessment of where the team is and the strategy to take the best player on the board.

I also like the message to the players, the fans, and the league that no one is unavailable. i think the Cs have to be willing to move any of their current roster to improve including Smart, even though I am a HUGE fan.

So while I may not like the player, I like what it seems to indicate about the front offices perspective on where the Cs are, where they need to be, and how they are going to get there.
great post

TP
I trust Danny Ainge