Author Topic: 2015 Draft 2nd round rim protectors: Richaun Holmes and Rakeem Christmas  (Read 11854 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i am not sure how these guys will play anything more than 10 minutes a night, if that. and when they play it will primarily be against the 10th through 15th players on other teams, and the game outcome will probably not be in doubt very often.

color me skeptical on these guys making a major difference on any nba team. they are so lacking in other skills that putting them on the floor for prolonged lengths of team will allow other teams to exploit their weaknesses.

bench fodder is all is see here guys. sorry.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
i am not sure how these guys will play anything more than 10 minutes a night, if that. and when they play it will primarily be against the 10th through 15th players on other teams, and the game outcome will probably not be in doubt very often.

color me skeptical on these guys making a major difference on any nba team. they are so lacking in other skills that putting them on the floor for prolonged lengths of team will allow other teams to exploit their weaknesses.

bench fodder is all is see here guys. sorry.

well these are considered bench players in the NBA. Of course you can't expect alot

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I would not mind any of the bigs mentioned. C's need a lot of help.
Alexander is good seems to be a healthy Powe or develop into a Carlos Boozer pre injury.
Christmas could be like Dieng or Stiesma.
Holmes could be like Jason or Tristan Thompson.

Late round or in the 2nd it's really hard to hit big on a player.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:26:11 PM by Csfan1984 »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would not mind any of the big mentioned. C's need a lot of help.
Alexander good be a healthy Powe or develop into a Carlos Boozer pre injury.

I agree.  Good comparisons. except for Alexander.  He is the next Thomas Robinson

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I would not mind any of the big mentioned. C's need a lot of help.
Alexander good be a healthy Powe or develop into a Carlos Boozer pre injury.

I agree.  Good comparisons. except for Alexander.  He is the next Thomas Robinson
Good comp one as well. Robinson had a ton of potential.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
TP Triboy for finding Holmes. Interesting athlete, can handle well too for a big guy and VERY bouncy off the ground.  I'll be p---ed if we don't take a shot blocker at 33. Micky, Holmes, Christmas even Dakari

https://youtu.be/1I6vmg3gB8g

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
TP Triboy for finding Holmes. Interesting athlete, can handle well too for a big guy and VERY bouncy off the ground.  I'll be p---ed if we don't take a shot blocker at 33. Micky, Holmes, Christmas even Dakari

why? none of the guys mentioned are nba starters. i dont see how any of them make a major difference when they will simply come off the bench for the bulk of most games. they arent going to match up and shut down other teams starters. they have too many limitations to be starters.

i would rather ainge gamble on a few of the international players.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

why? none of the guys mentioned are nba starters. i dont see how any of them make a major difference when they will simply come off the bench for the bulk of most games. they arent going to match up and shut down other teams starters. they have too many limitations to be starters.

i would rather ainge gamble on a few of the international players.

While I agree with you regarding grabbing a higher potential euro player , there are some decent shot blockers in the 2nd round.  Remember Bass was drafted in the 2nd round.

at 33 (which is close to a 1st round pick anyways) you can choose from Upshaw, Christmas, Mickey, Holmes. 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I agree.   even Dakari worse case.

Christmas, Mickey, Holmes all could see mins off the Celtics bench.  Maybe not alot of mins at first.

Wood is another guy you can pick, but he won't be ready next season. Needs to strengthen up quite a bit

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Impressed by Holmes shooting ability. Teams are lining up now to have him in for workouts. Individual workouts also. Can shoot and play d/rim protect. 2 things CBS likes

http://youtu.be/H0xCFSu3aFU 

College highlight clip

http://youtu.be/KmGPlCkXzKU

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I like any one of Mickey, Christmas, Holmes .  But Holmes because of his ability to shoot the three could be ranked higher by CBS. 

Now can they bring him in for a workout is another question.anybody remember if KO was brought in for a workout?

Even without a workout i wonder if Danny and CBS will draft Holmes with one of our picks. Holmes went from a no name, to mid 2nd round pick (due to measurements, 5 on 5 combine games)  and now after workouts is in talks to go late in the 1st.   An athletic big that can rebound, block shots plus shoot the three is pretty rare combination in the NBA

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I have been on the Holmes at 35-45 range bandwagon since poster "I told you so" posted about him in sleepers thread. I like Holmes over Christmas but not Mickey.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I have been on the Holmes at 35-45 range bandwagon since poster "I told you so" posted about him in sleepers thread. I like Holmes over Christmas but not Mickey.

I dont think Holmes will be there at 35-45.   Like i stated its pretty rare to have an athletic big that can block shots , rebound and also able to shoot the three. Somebody will reach for him in the 1st round imo

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
triboy, what happened to your love for Jarrell Martin? Still keen on him in the early second round? Why is his stock dropping on the mock drafts?  I liked his game in college.