Author Topic: 2015 Draft 2nd round rim protectors: Richaun Holmes and Rakeem Christmas  (Read 11894 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Holmes looks like a good replacement for Bass.   Interesting laser beam jump shot.  Has 3 pt range (at 40 per but only attempted .5 shot pga).  Explosive and strong.  Good shot blocker. Just an ok rebounder and below avg passer like Bass. Young for a Junior

Christmas is older and greatly improved from junior to senior .  Like drastic improvements.  But still looked shaky at times handling the ball and running into double teams in the interior.  Has a nice 7'5 wingspan and 9'2.5 reach.

Both guys have good size/length and are about 240-250 pounds.  Holmes is a little more explosive from standstill. 

Which player would you choose with one of our 2nd round picks if we fail to pickup a big man with our earlier picks?

Christmas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqr8RxgBmoY

Richaun Holmes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un210gOvaA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGPlCkXzKU
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:23:16 PM by triboy16f »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Holmes is intriguing, could play right away, maybe not the highest upside guy though, but a solid player. 

I never saw Bowling Green play so I can't say, but looks good in the video.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Holmes is intriguing, could play right away, maybe not the highest upside guy though, but a solid player. 

I never saw Bowling Green play so I can't say, but looks good in the video.

yeah I agree. Good production off the bench.  Shoot the three when open, take it in strong, putbacks. On the defensive end, box out, provide weakside help, block shots.   

I think I would choose Holmes over Christmas.   Christmas is one of those athletic guys that doesn't react quickly.  With a running start could dunk over you but also might be a sec too late .

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Neither to be honest. At #33 I'm looking for upside and I'm really keen on taking Cliff Alexander. The guy would've been a top 10 pick last season if the NBA still allowed high school players to be drafted. A mediocre 1/2 season in Kansas, where Self might not have utilized him correctly, has lowered his value. However, the size, length, youth, and upside are all still there.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Neither to be honest. At #33 I'm looking for upside and I'm really keen on taking Cliff Alexander. The guy would've been a top 10 pick last season if the NBA still allowed high school players to be drafted. A mediocre 1/2 season in Kansas, where Self might not have utilized him correctly, has lowered his value. However, the size, length, youth, and upside are all still there.
Wouldnt mind him either, but I actually think his upside is as a bench forward.

I think there are a lot of really interesting players at the back end of the first round and into the early second.

If we keep 28 and 33 I think Danny has a really good chance to get a steal or two.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Overrated imo. Next Thomas Robinson

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I wouldn't call Alexander going in the 2nd rd as overrated. If he's the next Robinson then we should definitely take him at #33. At worst he'll be a rotational player, which is a solid pick for the 2nd rd.

Robinson actually did very well in his stint in Philly. He averaged 8.8 PPG and 7.7 RPG in just 18.5 MPG.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I wouldn't call Alexander going in the 2nd rd as overrated. If he's the next Robinson then we should definitely take him at #33. At worst he'll be a rotational player, which is a solid pick for the 2nd rd.

Robinson actually did very well in his stint in Philly. He averaged 8.8 PPG and 7.7 RPG in just 18.5 MPG.

Do we need to add more value? We need missing pieces/bpa

Alexandre main specialty is "bullying" , utilizing strength, motor. But is undersized,  just ok leaping ability. Good wingspan. He has an inconsistent jump shot. Not skilled like sully, david west

Maybe like the next Amir Johnson.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Alexandre main specialty is "bullying" , utilizing strength, motor. But is undersized,  just ok leaping ability. Good wingspan. He has an inconsistent jump shot. Not skilled like sully, david west

Yes, we need to add more value. Why would that ever be a problem?

Undersized?

Alexander HT 6-8.5   WT 240   5% BF
Christmas HT 6-9.75   WT 243   9.6% BF
Holmes HT 6-9.5   WT 243   8.8% BF

The big thing are the ages. Alexander 19, Christmas 23, and Holmes 21. That considerably limits the upside of Christmas and Homes (turning 24 and 22 in a few months).

Alexander also has a better than "good wingspan". His wingspan is 7-3.5.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Thomas Robinson? Amir Johnson?

You are making me want this guy more and more with each successive post.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Christmas is the better choice. We have guys with upside who are struggling to consistently contribute (Olynyk and Sully) but Christmas could step in and fill a role right away. He has the physical tools, he is intelligent (earned his degree), and would embrace his role. He has also shown the ability to improve his game; he showed solid range on his jumpshot at the combine.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Undersized?

The big thing are the ages. Alexander 19, Christmas 23, and Holmes 21. That considerably limits the upside of Christmas and Homes (turning 24 and 22 in a few months).

Eddie20 , he cant jump. Does not have exceptional leaping skills. Is not really skilled in general.

So what is he going to give you? 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Christmas is the better choice. We have guys with upside who are struggling to consistently contribute (Olynyk and Sully) but Christmas could step in and fill a role right away. He has the physical tools, he is intelligent (earned his degree), and would embrace his role. He has also shown the ability to improve his game; he showed solid range on his jumpshot at the combine.
Good pts

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Undersized?

Eddie20 , he cant jump. Does not have exceptional leaping skills. Is not really skilled in general.

So what is he going to give you?

If we're going to rely on Christmas to play major minutes for us and give us the interior defense we lack, then buddy it's going to be a long season.

How do you know Alexander can't jump? You say it with such certainty. He wasn't even tested at the combine. Leaping ability isn't the most important aspect around. Randolph, Big Al, etc. aren't the best leapers around, but they give you a lot.

The kid is only 19 years old. You are comparing him to players 2-4 years older, those years being crucial in a players development. You can't judge him on what he currently is, something I think your'e guilty of, but rather on what he potentially could become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ryoOAq9J24

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

That Syracuse zone should scare the heck out of anyone, I know it does me.    One does not learn skills that transfer well to the NBA.