Author Topic: Twit from WOJ about the Nets  (Read 6387 times)

Re: Twit from WOJ about the Nets
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I don't see the Nets making the playoff next season. Boston, Miami and NY will have a better record. That's 10 teams better than them.
We should pick at 12 at the worst case scenario next season.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 04:13:20 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
And some people didn't like the trade...

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
And some people didn't like the trade...

The trade made me sad. It ended something really special for most of the fans.
But it was the right move to do, and I'm thankful we have a GM like Danny who has the right attitude regarding what is best for the franchise long term.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2015, 05:52:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Billy King isn't well respected around the NBA.  The Nets FO is ranked one of the worst in the NBA.

Respected enough to continually be hired to ruin franchises.

Fixed your typo  ;D

Good Catch. TP.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
The best reason for Boston to win more games, to push Brooklyn farther down lol

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 07:20:44 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
What would you rather see, the Nets re-sign Lopez and Young to long term deals adding to their cap woes for the next few years but remaining a fringe possible playoff team, or lose both players being terrible next year but with a chance to reload in 2016 free agency? 

I personally want to see both players leave as I don't see what elite player would want to go there in the 2016 free agency.

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 07:24:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
What would you rather see, the Nets re-sign Lopez and Young to long term deals adding to their cap woes for the next few years but remaining a fringe possible playoff team, or lose both players being terrible next year but with a chance to reload in 2016 free agency? 

I personally want to see both players leave as I don't see what elite player would want to go there in the 2016 free agency.

Same here. This year is our best chance at having a really good pick from them, so might as well go all out for this year. Everyone will have cap space in 2016, so that's less of a concern anyways, especially with that craptastic roster they'll still have.

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm for paying Lopez to leave....to go anywhere .....west young man. ;D

If he leaves the Boston pick could be in the Lottery .

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 07:38:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
LOL, any tweet about the Nets should be called a twit.

Fire your cap guru, but extend Billy King? Sounds about right for the Nyets.

Lol ;D, TP, and one for the op, as well, for the title of this thread ;D.

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 07:43:59 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I could see the Lakers and Knicks both teams with cap space desperate to win now overpaying for either Young or Lopez.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 09:48:06 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
The East should be a lot better, too.  The Hawks, Wiz, Raptors, Cavs, Bulls, Bucks and Pacers are essentially locks for the playoffs at this moment.  That's 7 teams!  Then the Heat, Celtics, Nets, Pistons and Hornets will all be fighting right there.  Not to mention that the Knicks and 76ers could be good essentially overnight if their picks and FA moves turn out right. 

On top of that, if BK doesn't make the playoffs, there will automatically be like 2 or 3 West teams with better records than them outside the playoffs (like there is every year).  I like our chances to get the 10th pick.  Not to mention Dallas could fall off a cliff, too.
I'd say that the Celtics are a lock for the playoffs next year, for the second half of the season we were the second best team in the East, record wise.

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 10:16:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I could see the Lakers and Knicks both teams with cap space desperate to win now overpaying for either Young or Lopez.

Or you know, the Celts could pick up a good player or two for once rather than sit back and watch all the good players go to other teams.

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2015, 10:23:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Or you know, the Celts could pick up a good player or two for once rather than sit back and watch all the good players go to other teams.
Forcing a signing is a bad bad call. Make sure every player is a good value.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2015, 10:42:02 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Actually we need Brooklyn to Sign Lopez to a HUGE contract for the next few years...His INEVITABLE Foot injuries will make our Picks better...If he leaves, they can rebuild with younger, healthier free agents.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2015, 11:03:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The East should be a lot better, too.  The Hawks, Wiz, Raptors, Cavs, Bulls, Bucks and Pacers are essentially locks for the playoffs at this moment.  That's 7 teams!  Then the Heat, Celtics, Nets, Pistons and Hornets will all be fighting right there.  Not to mention that the Knicks and 76ers could be good essentially overnight if their picks and FA moves turn out right. 

On top of that, if BK doesn't make the playoffs, there will automatically be like 2 or 3 West teams with better records than them outside the playoffs (like there is every year).  I like our chances to get the 10th pick.  Not to mention Dallas could fall off a cliff, too.
I'd say that the Celtics are a lock for the playoffs next year, for the second half of the season we were the second best team in the East, record wise.

I don't consider any team to be a lock for the playoffs unless they are injury-proof.  It is unlikely that seven teams that would make the playoffs if reasonably healthy will all have above-average luck in avoiding major injuries.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference