Author Topic: Would you give our treasure trove of picks for the #1 pick this year?  (Read 7144 times)

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
@walker834
Gigi is probably gone.
Jerebko is an open question.
both are nice. neither is essential.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
No.

Towns and Okafor are great. Please remember me talking about Towns way way back. but He's not worth all that. Both of them are unproven.

The most realistic and best option is for us to trade with MIA or INDY and get Myles Turner, and then draft Upshaw with the 16th pick.

Don't forget next year Brandon Ingram/Jaylen Brown/Ben Simmons are all coming out. My dark horse is Ingram. He has KD/Greek Freak length but is super quick and super young for his class.

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
No.

Towns and Okafor are great. Please remember me talking about Towns way way back. but He's not worth all that. Both of them are unproven.

The most realistic and best option is for us to trade with MIA or INDY and get Myles Turner, and then draft Upshaw with the 16th pick.

Don't forget next year Brandon Ingram/Jaylen Brown/Ben Simmons are all coming out. My dark horse is Ingram. He has KD/Greek Freak length but is super quick and super young for his class.

I keep forgetting about Upshaw.  That's a good point but again we are gambling.  I like both Turner and Upshaw.  There are a lot of options this draft as far as what we need so you could be right.

I think regardless its important for the c's to come out of this offseason with at least something they feel can be really good potentially going forward at teh center spot.

I dont think the C"s should just draft someone without a good feeling that player might actually be really good is what I'm saying. I also dont think they should trade everything for a player who isnt either.

I like turner and upshaw but as we get closer to the draft hopefully the celtics will have a better feel for who is what.

There is always Javale Mcgee too.  We have picks in the future where we can gamble somewhat but the goal is to get someone who actually is very good ultimately.  We don't we are in trouble or end up spinning our tires too much.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:52:53 PM by walker834 »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The celtics have so many picks we can kind of just keep playing things as they are until something great falls into our lap I guess is the point.  We have a good team.  We have tons of picks with options where we could end up high in the draft possibly downt he road.  I like Towns and Okafor though.  I would definately think about selling the farm for one of those guys.

Same with Cousins for that matter.  People have brough up cousins but not this scenario which is just as likely.

I'm always looking for centers. This year is kind of an enigma in the finals because there aren't any centers on good teams outside of memphis and houston and teams like that, but yo u have a good center on a good team with good coaching usually that's a good combination.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:04:38 PM by walker834 »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I might for Thon Maker

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Admittedly, I haven't been following College hoops closely. But if towns is a franchise center, or projects to be one, I would trade the picks.
- LilRip

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
Of course, no way they would though. Why would the Wolves give up at chance to pair Wiggin's their star wing with a potentially star bigman in back to back drafts? No one is stupid enough to screw up that scenario.

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
The Wolves should be really good.  Yeah Wiggins and a stud center.  They have Gorgui though. What happens to him?

The NBA lottery is either luck or rigged though because that's definitely good for the nba having wiggins then the #1 pick.