Author Topic: Would you give our treasure trove of picks for the #1 pick this year?  (Read 7115 times)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd offer a large chunk of the picks, put protections on a few and make sure we have one pick a year left after the trade

Something like  our 2015, the clips 2015, our pick and the mavs pick next year. The out 2018 and the griz pick.
That's 6 first rounders
Then take towns
And sign an up and coming 3

Smart, it
Bradley turner young
FA,crowder
Sully, Oly
Towns, Zeller
and Minny and LA would laugh at you.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I'd consider trading part of them this year for Mudiay. It's not often that someone with his talent will drop to 4, and then be taken (probably) by a team that doesn't even like him because of his fit in their system.

I think we would probably need to get give up two starters, our 16th pick, and a future Nets pick AT LEAST. Probably, we will need to pull a third team into this and get the Knicks a really good starter that fits their system.

This is a good idea, and the Knicks might be dumb enough to do it.  I'm not sure exactly what we could give them though.  Bradley would be a good fit with them for sure.  Maybe Bradley, Olynyk (or Sullinger), 16, one of the Brooklyn picks, and the Mavs pick?

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I would, most of our picks are probably going to be in the teens and high teens anyways. Besides our own and the BKN picks, if we plan on improving every year, our own pick won't be worth much and the two bigs in this current draft may potentially be all-stars or your next franchise center.

It's a risk, but I'd do it

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
There's a reason this kind of trade doesn't happen that often. It's too risky a proposition for both teams.

If Towns turns out to be a flop we've destroyed our entire asset pool.

If Towns turns out to be a star Minnesota's GM probably gets fired.

Great words from a great man

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'd offer a large chunk of the picks, put protections on a few and make sure we have one pick a year left after the trade

Something like  our 2015, the clips 2015, our pick and the mavs pick next year. The out 2018 and the griz pick.
That's 6 first rounders
Then take towns

Smart, it
Bradley turner young
FA,crowder
Sully, Oly
Towns, Zeller

Maybe, just responding to the OP's question. Not saying it's likely.

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'd consider trading part of them this year for Mudiay. It's not often that someone with his talent will drop to 4, and then be taken (probably) by a team that doesn't even like him because of his fit in their system.

I think we would probably need to get give up two starters, our 16th pick, and a future Nets pick AT LEAST. Probably, we will need to pull a third team into this and get the Knicks a really good starter that fits their system.

This is a good idea, and the Knicks might be dumb enough to do it.  I'm not sure exactly what we could give them though.  Bradley would be a good fit with them for sure.  Maybe Bradley, Olynyk (or Sullinger), 16, one of the Brooklyn picks, and the Mavs pick?

Imagine a three guard rotation of Mudiay, Smart, and Thomas. You want defense? Throw Mudiay and Smart out there? You want to get into the paint? Throw Thomas and Mudiay out there? You want versatility, fire-power, and defense? Throw all of them out there?

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Never put all your eggs in one basket.....ball player.

;)

Rak

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

That's 6 first rounders
Then take towns

Smart, it
Bradley turner young
FA,crowder
Sully, Oly
Towns, Zeller

Yeah but you didn't include the two most valuable draft picks Boston has, i.e. the Brooklyn picks (and let's face it both of those could easily be mid 1st rounders as well).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I don't see Minn trading that pick for any offer. They grab Towns and with Wiggens, Lavine, and the rest of there youngsters they have a solid young core. After they grab Towns they need to bring in a couple solid vets. The last thing they'll need is more pics and our players don't hold much value.

LA most likely not.

Philly loves getting multiple pics, so "your saying there's a chance"

NY is kind of a wild card. I doubt we could put together an offer they would take, but if we gave the the house of our picks they really should think about it. NY going to be terrible for a while.

If we can get NY pick I hope they draft Winslow. Mundiay seems like too much of a risk at #4.

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238

;)

Rak

I would normally agree with this but also never say never.  There are certain times where it's ok.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Also for every draft class of year X, the draft class of year X+1 is better. By definition.
I understand the point you are trying to make but we know this is not true because people called 2013 weak right away. Some said Smart would go #1 that draft if he declared. And there was was accurate hyped up for 2014. In 2014 they said trade up because 2015 guys werent game changers. Add in a bunch of guys that stayed in school like Poetl, Dunn, Brimah, Layman ect and it adds to a weak draft. I heard things like 2014 possible another 2005. 2015 is looking like it could be as good as 2009 draft right now. We can see game changers and a some experienced guys that should be lottery picks compared to all one and done lottery groups we have seen as of late.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

;)

Rak

I would normally agree with this but also never say never.  There are certain times where it's ok.
can't see a time where it would be ok unless you have very few eggs to give up.  even if the Stepien rule wouldn't prevent you from trading all the picks, that's just reckless stupidity to give up that many assets on a single roll of the dice.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If I was Minnesota I would take all Cs draft picks with Zeller.

No team that has given up a bunch of draft picks for one player has ever come out on top. Ask Minnesota and Dallas in football.

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
If I was Minnesota I would take all Cs draft picks with Zeller.

No team that has given up a bunch of draft picks for one player has ever come out on top. Ask Minnesota and Dallas in football.

This isn't football...

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

That's 6 first rounders
Then take towns

Smart, it
Bradley turner young
FA,crowder
Sully, Oly
Towns, Zeller

Yeah but you didn't include the two most valuable draft picks Boston has, i.e. the Brooklyn picks (and let's face it both of those could easily be mid 1st rounders as well).

My original post was supposed to read "the nets 2018 and griz pick".
I saw the autocorrect fail but didn't think it worth modifying as the whole premise is pretty hairbraind.

The op's question was on whether we should trade our stash for the 1st.
My response was that I'd trade some. Not addressing  likelyhood of success.