Author Topic: Would you give our treasure trove of picks for the #1 pick this year?  (Read 7116 times)

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Is Okafor or Towns worth that? Is that a crazy question?  I don't think so so much.  I'd actually think about that.  Would a team even do that though like Minny or the Lakers?  I kind of doubt it.

I liked Embiid and all and wanted him when he was projected as a later pick.  Once he rose up drafts I was never on board with moving up to get him though.  Okafor and Towns are players who are worth that.

It seems like with KO and Sully we need a more defensive minded center. Sully has to become a beast inside though and KO has to get better at being more versatile.

We dont ahve that beast inside as it stands. I dont know how it would fit with those guys.  A more defensive minded center might make more sense. 

We draft a guy like Towns or Okafor that changes everything from a team perspective. The issue with trading all our picks is we then would be starting over and ahve to build around a guy like that.  We'd still have pieces though in guys like Smart and Bradley and KO and Sully to deal with. But it doesnt seem to make sense.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:13:12 AM by walker834 »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
No.

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I like Okafor and Towns as players a lot moreso than Embiid. They are more complete centers than Embiid ever will be. But it doesnt make sense with the team we have in ways.

I think we are going to get Stein or jordan.   Maybe Mcgee as filler for the time being and build our team with sf's maybe stanley johnson or something in teh draft maybe instead.

but something isnt fireworkish enough there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:12:01 AM by walker834 »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Minnesota would be the only team dumb enough to except that trade . I'd be curious to see how many first round picks we could actually offer them if we included to this year could we offer six altogether that would be hilarious

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Not sure I would.  They are just too valuable as trade assets.

I mean, even a number one pick has no guarantees - the guy could could be a superstar, or he might just be a 'very good' player.  There's even a chance (a slim chance, but still a chance) that the guy could end up a bust.

Even if he does become a superstar, he might leave after 3 years when the rookie contract expires unless you can add enough complementary talent...tough to do when you've given up all of those draft picks.

I guess if there is a guy in the draft who looks like one of those 'once in a generation' talents then I'd probably do it.  But if it's a draft like 2014, then I don't think any of those top guys (Embiid, Wiggins, Parker) are worth that kind of haul.  It would have to be a Lebron James / Anthony Davis / Tim Duncan calibre prospect...and I'd still have to think long and hard about it.

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Towns and Okafor are really good I feel.  They are big men on the level of Wiggins and Parker i would say.  Last years draft was kind of overrated but Wiggins and Parker still have potential to be very good allstar/all nba players at their positions for a long time.

They aren't jordan or bird or lebron or duncan but who is nowadays.   They aren't those once in a generation guys. I dont even think they are on KG's level.

A team might be willing to deal as well because of that. On a really good team oriented system they could be really good.

Minny has Pekovic who towns would take his position but Dieng. So they might be willing to deal. I think Towns would be the guy we would want.

Okafor might be a better individual player but I see him going to the lakers or some swap for Kevin Love or something.

I like Okafor over Towns as far as a player but Towns could be possible and might fit us really good.

That would be fireworks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 03:11:05 AM by walker834 »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Minny wants to win and to be able to build with Wiggins.  They might be willing to deal with us if we can get them players and picks is all. 

Towns to me is kind of that guy where if we could get him without giving up our current roster situation and get players and picks to minny where that would be enough fireworks to set us up longterm with a really nice team thats enough fireworkish to win some championships.

Towns would fit with guys like Sully and KO i feel moreso than Okafor.

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like Okafor and Towns as players a lot moreso than Embiid. They are more complete centers than Embiid ever will be. But it doesnt make sense with the team we have in ways.

I think we are going to get Stein or jordan.   Maybe Mcgee as filler for the time being and build our team with sf's maybe stanley johnson or something in teh draft maybe instead.

but something isnt fireworkish enough there.

In what way is Okafor a more complete player than Embiid? He's a worse athlete, a worse defender, a worse rebounder and a worse shooter...

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
No
Simmons & Lab> Towns and Okafor.
2016 draft>2015 draft.

We need to win the tank war vs Philly or get lucky with Brooklyn pick.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
No, not our treasure trove of picks. NOooo!

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Also for every draft class of year X, the draft class of year X+1 is better. By definition.

Offline chlldaddy

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
There is no way I trade all our picks that we have worked SO hard to acquire for someone in the draft. If it isn't Lebron,KD, Curry or AD there is no way I even think about it. The Brooklyn picks are probably more valuable than our own down the road. The guys in the draft are unknown NBA players right now. You tell me I can have any of those 4 guys I mentioned and I think about it and I might have to really think KD with his recent injuries. I think everyone gets so caught up in having to have a big man anymore if you think about it the two teams that will be going to the finals neither one has a dominant big man.

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
No, not our treasure trove of picks. NOooo!

Perfect
Tp
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:06:41 AM by arctic 3.0 »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I'd offer a large chunk of the picks, put protections on a few and make sure we have one pick a year left after the trade

Something like  our 2015, the clips 2015, our pick and the mavs pick next year. The out 2018 and the griz pick.
That's 6 first rounders
Then take towns
And sign an up and coming 3

Smart, it
Bradley turner young
FA,crowder
Sully, Oly
Towns, Zeller

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'd consider trading part of them this year for Mudiay. It's not often that someone with his talent will drop to 4, and then be taken (probably) by a team that doesn't even like him because of his fit in their system.

I think we would probably need to get give up two starters, our 16th pick, and a future Nets pick AT LEAST. Probably, we will need to pull a third team into this and get the Knicks a really good starter that fits their system.