Author Topic: Are we giving up on KO and/or Sully yet?  (Read 4848 times)

Are we giving up on KO and/or Sully yet?
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:41:49 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Ainge could legitmently flip either or both of these guys for Kaminsky and another big this draft, but we drafted these guys.  Sully to me still has a lot of upside and shows it in spurts.  KO I've flatlined on a bit and he has  been all over the place and still is a bit soft and limited as far as what he can do. Bradley had a break out year last year and became a solid player.  Neither of these guys have  yet  but haven't been in the league as long.  Both are due in ways. Particularly Sully.

I like the energy that Kaminsky brings and smarts in the videos i've seen.  He seems to just play with a good motor and understanding of the game but I don't know about this.  There was an article on this site saying he'd flip KO and Sully for POrtis or Kaminsky or any of those guys and I'm not so sure.

Kevin Love etc.. We have options here maybe but also somewhat out there.  I really like the idea of Kevin Love but yeah.

Re: Are we giving up on KO and/or Sully yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:43:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Ainge could legitmently flip either or both of these guys for Kaminsky and another big this draft, but we drafted these guys.  Sully to me still has a lot of upside and shows it in spurts.  KO I've flatlined on a bit and he has  been all over the place and still is a bit soft and limited as far as what he can do. Bradley had a break out year last year and became a solid player.  Neither of these guys have  yet  but haven't been in the league as long.  Both are due in ways. Particularly Sully.

I like the energy and stuff that Kaminsky brings and smarts in the videos i've seen.  He seems to just play with a good motor and understanding of the game but I don't know about this.  There was an article on this site saying he'd flip KO and Sully for POrtis or Kaminsky or any of those guys and I'm not so sure.

Stop, lol ;D.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:44:57 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I'm just going by an article I read here. In theory yeah we could do that. But do we want to?  So you are picking at what was said?

People underrate our players anyways.  Sully and KO were drafted about the same place so yeah legitamently talent wise and value it's about the same.

Whether it can happen is something else.  But yeah in theory.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:51:51 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I like the energy and stuff that Kaminsky brings and smarts in the videos i've seen.  He seems to just play with a good motor and understanding of the game but I don't know about this.  There was an article on this site saying he'd flip KO and Sully for POrtis or Kaminsky or any of those guys and I'm not so sure.

Stop, lol ;D.
I missed the joke
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 11:50:57 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm just going by an article I read here. In theory yeah we could do that. But do we want to?  So you are picking at what was said?

People underrate our players anyways.  Sully and KO were drafted about the same place so yeah legitamently talent wise and value it's about the same.

Whether it can happen is something else.  But yeah in theory.

All I'm saying is why would we want to waste a first round pick on another 7 foot white dude whose wingspan is smaller than his height, is a major liability on defense, and has no athleticism?  Besides, do people really hate billy goats that much, lol ;D

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 11:52:09 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Sully and KO are more developed.  Kaminsky is a guy who could come in and be a steal and make an impact immediately but that remains to be seen.

That was the question though. Who would you rather have?  I kind of like Kaminsky better than KO but again that's the question.

I dont see this happening but it was more a question because legitamently it could.  Anything is possible.  Could is the operative word there. Not legitamently.  I was responding to an article I just read here.  Tone of voice etc missed.

You are nitpicking something i didnt even say. It was more are we really giving up on KO and Sully already?  Because the article stated he would trade them for POrtis or Kaminsky in a heartbeat.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Stop, lol ;D.
I missed the joke

Like I said below, why would we want Frank when we already have our own version of him?  It just seems so redundant, imo, which makes it funny, to me, because I don't think that replacing KO with Kaminsky could ever been seen as any kind of improvement ;D. If anything, it's a horizontal move, imo, and makes zero sense for us.

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 12:00:19 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Sully and KO are more developed.  Kaminsky is a guy who could come in and be a steal and make an impact immediately but that remains to be seen.

That was the question though. Who would you rather have?  I kind of like Kaminsky better than KO but again that's the question.

I dont see this happening but it was more a question because legitamently it could.  Anything is possible.  Could is the operative word there. Not legitamently.  I was responding to an article I just read here.  Tone of voice etc missed.

You are nitpicking something i didnt even say. It was more are we really giving up on KO and Sully already?  Because the article stated he would trade them for POrtis or Kaminsky in a heartbeat.

Sorry if I upset and/or offended you.  It certainly wasn't my intention.

Anyway, are we giving up on Sully and/or KO yet?  Well, Sully has more talent, but weight issues, and I've never liked KO, so I guess I'd have to go with Sully moving forward by default?  It doesn't look promising, either way, imo.

As for who I'd rather have out of the 3 guys, including Kaminsky?  It would be Sully, again, but it's not like we're choosing between blue chip prospects, here, imo.  Now, if you asked me who I'd rather have between KO and Frank, um, is there an option for neither, lol ;D?

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:42 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Stop, lol ;D.
I missed the joke

Like I said below, why would we want Frank when we already have our own version of him?  It just seems so redundant, imo, which makes it funny, to me, because I don't think that replacing KO with Kaminsky could ever been seen as any kind of improvement ;D. If anything, it's a horizontal move, imo, and makes zero sense for us.
Ah I understand.

I thought you were implying that we couldn't hope to trade up to draft frank with KO and sully

Frank is similar to KO but it's possible he could be a better pro and he is certainly more aggressive and physical in the paint.

If we move up, I, like you, would rather take someone with a higher ceiling.

To the OP, grass is always greener. I think sully is underrated and wouldn't be surprised to see 16 and 9 from him this year.

As for KO he shows flashes and I keep telling myself not to give up on him, but he's older than Sully.

I'm not in favor of throwing these guys out for a guy like frank but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to move them if it can get us a guy with star power/potential
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 12:06:17 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Sorry if I upset and/or offended you.  It certainly wasn't my intention.

Anyway, are we giving up on Sully and/or KO yet?  Well, Sully has more talent, but weight issues, and I've never liked KO, so I guess I'd have to go with Sully moving forward by default?  It doesn't look promising, either way, imo.

As for who I'd rather have out of the 3 guys, including Kaminsky?  It would be Sully, again, but it's not like we're choosing between blue chip prospects, here, imo.  Now, if you asked me who I'd rather have between KO and Frank, um, is there an option for neither, lol ;D?

Not offended just misunderstood and explaining that which is work and tiring lol.  But thanks for answering.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 12:10:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Stop, lol ;D.
I missed the joke

Ah I understand.

I thought you were implying that we couldn't hope to trade up to draft frank with KO and sully

Frank is similar to KO but it's possible he could be a better pro and he is certainly more aggressive and physical in the paint.

If we move up, I, like you, would rather take someone with a higher ceiling.

To the OP, grass is always greener. I think sully is underrated and wouldn't be surprised to see 16 and 9 from him this year.

As for KO he shows flashes and I keep telling myself not to give up on him, but he's older than Sully.

I'm not in favor of throwing these guys out for a guy like frank but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to move them if it can get us a guy with star power/potential

I never considered that.  Trading UP for Frank :o would be as bad as trading up for KO, imo.  Just, no.  Please, god, no, lol ;D. Kaminsky was great in college, yes, but it's the whole t-rex thing all over again, and his lack of speed, quickness, and athleticism concern me.  No thank you.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 12:12:37 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Stop, lol ;D.
I missed the joke

I didn't :) 

I honestly don't see a place for a stretch 5 that lacks athleticism, can't create, doesn't rebound well, and can't defend at any position. You're taking away a spot for a potential anchor down low.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:18:54 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 12:17:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Stop, lol ;D.
I missed the joke

Hehe ;D.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 12:20:25 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Stop, lol ;D.
I missed the joke

Hehe ;D.
[dang] lol

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 12:38:11 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I agree btw. I don't know what Ainge is going to do here that's the whole thing.