Author Topic: What players do you think the celtics will target?  (Read 3177 times)

Re: What players do you think the celtics will target?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 06:47:56 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The guy I'd most like to see here is LaMarcus Aldridge, but to be honest I think that's a real long shot. 

My second tier of options would probably be Greg Monroe, Jimmy Butler and Nerlens Noel (via trade).  I think Butler is pretty unlikely, but I think Monroe and Noel might be reasonably achievable.

Third Tier is probably DeAndre Jordan.  Not because i don't value his skill set, just because I don't think this team is a good fit for him.  He's completely incapable of creating offense, so he needs to play on a team that's filled with high level scorers, and a team that has a great PG to deliver him the ball - we have neither. I think Noel is better suited to us because he's just as good as Jordan defensively, but he'd be far cheaper to acquire and has more offensive upside.

This.

While I love deandre and his defense, he needs a Chris Paul to get him his points, otherwise he's a liability. And I DONT want to be the victim of Hack a DeAndre next year.

TP for both of you.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 06:50:33 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Maybe I'm too lazy to look it up----but which Teams have "Max Player" Cap Space this Summer---?
..So, I can see who the C's are in competition with.

Here is the link :
http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 07:22:39 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
The obvious suspects have been mentioned enough times, so I'd throw my 2nd guesses:

Robin Lopez and/or Kosta Koufus - good solid defenders, fit perfectly with a need.
Jonas Valanciunas in trade.

Ainge said he will be looking for 4th quarter scorers, but I do not see such available. Maybe Harris but I'd expect the Magic to match everything.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 08:21:25 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
It's hard to say before the draft is over. You should see what you get in the draft and go from there.
I'm all for taking a shot at ^^^^ (see above)

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 10:13:53 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Younger buy-low candidates and second or third tier free agents.

Greg Monroe will be the #1 guy in free agency, but when he signs in New York or Dallas, the Celts will look to some less-sexy options.  They'll consider Brook Lopez, but he'll sign an insane deal with the Nets, or perhaps he'll go to Dallas or Portland.

The Celts will be involved in rumors for any interesting players that become available in rumored trade talks, e.g. Demar Derozan and Jonas Valanciunas, or Ty Lawson.  Ultimately, I doubt they'll make a move, since nobody who becomes available will be worth it.

Next up, serviceable centers like R. Lopez, Asik, and Koufos will merit some consideration.

Then on down the list to guys like Bismack Biyombo, Wilson Chandler, Ed Davis.  Perhaps trading for somebody like Lance Stephenson or Danilo Gallinari. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they considered taking Jordan Hill off the Lakers' hands, or maybe absorbing David Lee with their cap space.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 04:34:15 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y