Poll

Please vote 2x, 1 for the one you think is the best and 1 for who we should pursue when you factor in cost

Nerlens Noel is the best of the 3
Deandre Jordan is the best of the 3
Willie Cauley Stein is the best of the 3
Nerlens Noel is worth the cost it would take to trade for him ( a kings ransom of picks and young guys)
Deandre Jordan is the best to pursue even at the 19 mil max
Willie Cauley Stein is the best to pursue despite the fact it will cost you at least 16 and a young player like KO, Sully, or AB

Author Topic: Who will be/is the best pro and who is the best fit for us  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The Boston Celtics have lacked a rim protector for a long time and this blog has long bandied about the idea of acquiring each of these 3 players. They are all similar. They are all young, incredibly athletic, and are tremendous defenders.

Jordan is the best right now, and he is by far the best rebounder, he is also 1st team all defense, however, he is a late game FT liability, his offensive game is nonexistant and 19 mil is a lot of dough.

Noel is the most exciting, a potential #1 pick before his injury, Noel had one of the most statistically dominant defensive seasons of any rookie in NBA history. He showed some nice improvement on offense this year, but he has some questions too. He is a poor defender and his offensive game is a huge project, you cant forget about the ACL tear, and there is always the great stats on a terrible team factor to look at. Furthermore, he would be the most expensive get of the 3 and is probably unattainable without putting Smart on the table.

Willie Cauley Stein is a tremendous athlete and I think he will rival Noel on the defensive side. He has an incredibly rare combo of size, length, lateral quickness, vertical explosion and basketball instincts. Unfortunately he is a miserable offensive player, a poor rebounder, and hes not young enough that you could expect leaps and bounds of improvement. He would be the cheapest of the 3 to attain.

For me, Jordan is the best right now, but Noel will be the best and the best to pursue would be WCS, but only if he drops out of the top 9. If it requires moving up to 5-7 to get him, then Id go for Deandre even at the price. Noel, i believe is way to expensive.

Just my thoughts. I thought it would be interesting to see how everyone else looked at these 3 very similar players.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Re: Who will be/is the best pro and who is the best fit for us
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 01:01:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
FWIW I actually dont think any of the 3 are worth the cost.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I want Nerlens so badly, but it's never going to happen.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:23:52 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
None are worth it.

I think it goes Noel, Jordan, WCS in terms who will be the best
Jordan, WCS, Noel for whos most worth the cost

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 01:30:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

We can hope that he wants to come home and play for his hometown franchise at some point. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

We can hope that he wants to come home and play for his hometown franchise at some point.

Yeah, hopefully that would draw him in FA, but that's quite a few years away.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 01:49:03 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Yeah, hopefully that would draw him in FA, but that's quite a few years away.

I think that's our best bet, unfortunately,  I can't see the Sixers being willing to trade him while he's still on his rookie contract. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If the Lakers take Mudiay over Okafor, Philly could draft Okafor and make Noel available.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 09:39:53 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
If the Lakers take Mudiay over Okafor, Philly could draft Okafor and make Noel available.

That's quite a big 'if'. They still might be tempted by Russell though, so the Lakers would probably have to take Russell, leaving the 6ers with no choice but to take Okafor.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That's quite a big 'if'. They still might be tempted by Russell though, so the Lakers would probably have to take Russell, leaving the 6ers with no choice but to take Okafor.

Is this something that might happen? I was sure they were ready to draft their next Wilt/Kareem/Shaq to dominate for years to come (Okafor would only hypothetically reach this level with the Lakers, of course). If they take Russell/Mudiay, I will be pretty psyched.

None are worth it.

I think it goes Noel, Jordan, WCS in terms who will be the best
Jordan, WCS, Noel for whos most worth the cost

This is exactly my take on the three, too - tp.