Author Topic: Danny Ainge tells Isaiah Thomas to give him suggestions on free agents  (Read 7008 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
IT and Kevin Love are very close friends. They played AAU together and Love slept at IT's house and vice versa.

So yeah you can bet your ass he'll be recruiting for us this offseason.

Only if we trade Kelly; that will be a condition to Love signing here.

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Being a starter is overrated...being on the floor at crunch time is a better measuring stick of what you are worth to a team.

This team has a strong tradition of 6th men.  Those who come off the bench with pride and take over a game, not just kill time until [insert name] returns to the floor. 

And when they are on the bench, they are working with the other players to help improve their game.  Or, in this case, working with management to suggest adding players to the team.

I like IT...as stated, if he embraces that role, then hopefully he'll be a Celtic for a long time.

Rak

If being a starter is overrated, then why do most teams start their best players?

If being a starter is overrated, then why was it important to start Smart or Bradley over Thomas?

The fact is, being a starter lines up best with most team's player rotations to get a player ~32 minutes (8 to start the 1st, 8 to end the 2nd, 8 to start the 3rd and 8 to end the game).   That's why starters generally get more minutes.

In the NBA, you generally win by having your best players on the floor as much as possible.

When we finally made McHale a full-time starter, in 85-86, it also happens that we won the title.

I'm fine with Thomas continuing to be our '6th man' off the bench, but not if our starters continue to be the abomination on offense that they were this last Spring.

Thomas may not complain about who is starting, but you can bet a lot of us fans have every right to complain about it when the starters were responsible for putting the team consistently in big holes to start game after game.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
IT and Kevin Love are very close friends. They played AAU together and Love slept at IT's house and vice versa.

So yeah you can bet your ass he'll be recruiting for us this offseason.

Only if we trade Kelly; that will be a condition to Love signing here.
is this personal speculation or is it tied to a specific source? if the latter, please share the link with us, i would like to see it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva