Author Topic: Anything disturbing in those pictures?  (Read 20494 times)

Re: Anything disturbing in those pictures?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm just going to echo what D Dub and D.o.s. said.
The idea is that Lebron put on substantial muscle over the course of the season, suggesting that he came into the year off the juice, all of a sudden, his team played poorly and he was battling injuries, then he takes time off (perhaps returned to roids) and comes back and starts piling on the weight and boom here come the cavs.

Its really speculative.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 04:08:09 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Meh.

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 04:14:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
every last one of you will be doing cartwheels if LeBron James decides to play for the Celtics. Stop hating.

I didn't come to hate,  thread's title doesn't say anything about LBJ but I'm telling you now and as honest as I can be without proof, I wouldnt like him if he did become a C . I would cheer for him like I would any Celtic but I would not like him. Not everyone wants him to play for their team just because he is the best(he is), some people want to beat him rather than join him, I feel the same about Kobe. Some players I don't want playing  for the C's he is just one of many. Don't mistake cheering for him by default as being happy because it's LBJ, I'd cheer the same for a dleague scrub as long as he isn't hurting the team. I will say, I might cheer harder for LBJ than Kobe but I hope they never become a Celt and HOPE we beat them down every chance we get!

I bet if either Kobe or LeBron don the green and white you would feel that special feeling when they send 'daggers through the hearts' of opponents with clutch play after clutch play. I am sure you would not join opposing fans in attacking there personalities or shortcomings. You definitely would not be posting pictures suggesting either was on HGH.

Now, I know how much some Celtics loved KG when he played here, but remember KG is not the most liked player around the league. A good example of villain turned fan favorite is Humphries AKA Mr. Kardashian boy did the Cs attitude change towards him after he became a Celtic.

Hate to break it to you, I would still talk about him. If I don't like you, I don't like you. I don't really care if he is or isn't juicing. I discuss the Bucs in other forums and I have NO problem talking about the players I don't like as if they didn't play for the team but I still cheer them if they help us. I might enjoy the play, doesn't mean I enjoy the man. Heck, I appreciate LBJ's playing now but I still can't stand him.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 05:15:26 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
every last one of you will be doing cartwheels if LeBron James decides to play for the Celtics. Stop hating.

I didn't come to hate,  thread's title doesn't say anything about LBJ but I'm telling you now and as honest as I can be without proof, I wouldnt like him if he did become a C . I would cheer for him like I would any Celtic but I would not like him. Not everyone wants him to play for their team just because he is the best(he is), some people want to beat him rather than join him, I feel the same about Kobe. Some players I don't want playing  for the C's he is just one of many. Don't mistake cheering for him by default as being happy because it's LBJ, I'd cheer the same for a dleague scrub as long as he isn't hurting the team. I will say, I might cheer harder for LBJ than Kobe but I hope they never become a Celt and HOPE we beat them down every chance we get!

I bet if either Kobe or LeBron don the green and white you would feel that special feeling when they send 'daggers through the hearts' of opponents with clutch play after clutch play. I am sure you would not join opposing fans in attacking there personalities or shortcomings. You definitely would not be posting pictures suggesting either was on HGH.

Now, I know how much some Celtics loved KG when he played here, but remember KG is not the most liked player around the league. A good example of villain turned fan favorite is Humphries AKA Mr. Kardashian boy did the Cs attitude change towards him after he became a Celtic.

Hate to break it to you, I would still talk about him. If I don't like you, I don't like you. I don't really care if he is or isn't juicing. I discuss the Bucs in other forums and I have NO problem talking about the players I don't like as if they didn't play for the team but I still cheer them if they help us. I might enjoy the play, doesn't mean I enjoy the man. Heck, I appreciate LBJ's playing now but I still can't stand him.
Same

TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 06:11:20 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

I would be way more critical of his game if he were a celtic.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 06:44:11 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I would be way more critical of his game if he were a celtic.

I'm a celtics fan because of the tradition and values in this franchise. If Lebron become a celtics I won't identify myself as a celtics anymore and will probably stop watching celtics game until he left.
I'm not a lebron's hater here. This guy is simply the opposite of being a celtics in my point of view. But I can understand if the majority of the fans will welcome him. After all winning is more important (but not for me).
As for the pictures I posted, just wanted to make a joke about a possible "water retention" issue with the man. Anybody is big enough to draw his own conclusion.
The picture shock me at first sight, I thought other people would be as well.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 06:58:23 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Good lord.  Gigantism!

Greg

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm a celtics fan because of the tradition and values in this franchise. If Lebron become a celtics I won't identify myself as a celtics anymore and will probably stop watching celtics game until he left.

I hate Lebron's ego and his brand.  However, his game is very "Celtics like".  He's not a one-dimensional scorer.  Rather, he can score from anywhere on the court, he concentrates on setting up looks for his teammates, he rebounds, he plays defense.  I've never heard him say something along the lines of "I'm the superstar, and everyone else is a role player", like D12 and Harden did.  Rather, he's a good leader and his teammates seem to love him.  Lastly, he wins, and he comes up clutch.

On the floor, Lebron is everything you could want in a basketball player.  Off the court the guy isn't out there doing drugs, or having a bunch of babies out of wedlock who he neglects to support, or committing crimes. I totally understand being put off by his off-the-court persona, but I'd be fine overlooking that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
No.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I liked Lebron right up until his last game in Cleveland, game 6 against the Celtics.  With a couple of minutes left, Cleveland was down but the game was within reach.  I was sure he was going to take over and beat the Celtics.  But it was too hard so he just quit trying.  I was certainly glad the Celtics won, but I don't think I've seen a great player just give up like that. 

Then there was that whole free angency fiasco and the decision ending with him forming a super team to make it easy to win.  That first season when Dallas beat the Heat in the finals, LeBron didn't give it his all.  It got too hard so quit trying.  Last year he sat out of the final six minutes of the deciding game.

When the going gets tough, Lebron takes off.  He's a bit of a front runner.  Meanwhile, he calls himself the King. He's an incredible talent, but I just can't root for him.

The funny thing is, ego aside, he seems like a great guy off the court.  Jordan, not so much.  But everybody loves Jordan.

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2015, 08:57:06 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
His head looks disproportionately small in that top picture.  Human Shrink Hormone?

Beetlejuice?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 08:58:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yeah I get that lots of fans are jealous and like to attack the guy, because he's arguably the best player ever. There's always been a jealous instinct to tear him down.

I wouldn't bet my own money on LeBron being fully clean of enhancement drugs, but if he's been using them it probably started all the way back in high school. Dude was always pretty ripped even for a teenager. 

In his defense, it was widely reported that he went on an exteme 67 day diet in the offseason:

James told reporters at his Nike sneaker event in Oregon that he cut out everything except meat, fish, fruit, and vegetables for 67 days. He did it to "test his mental fortitude," The Oregonian reports.

He told SI:

"I had no sugars, no dairy, I had no carbs. All I ate was meat, fish, veggies and fruit. That's it. For 67 straight days."

He told the Oregonian that he had "lost a ton of weight" ? so much weight that he's now trying to put back on a few pounds.

It doesn't take much time to put back on the weight if you add carbs back into the mix... And carbs should absolutey be in the mix if you are an athlete. You need them for energy.

Fwiw, I don't care if Lebron has taken enhancement drugs. I imagine most of the old timers like KG and Kobe probably had drugs helping them recover from injuries. And it's not like Brandon bass can start juicing and put up 38 points, 18 rebounds and 13 assists in ECF game.   Lebron is incredible.  Try to appreciate it while it lasts.  We are watching one of the greatest players to ever live. 

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 09:00:14 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Agree with you ImShaq....I truly don't understand the mentality of people who want their rivals to join them rather than wanting to beat their asses...it's like being in the schoolyard and having someone just kick your butt and then you having a desire to be their teammate and groveling to them and asking to be on their side. That sentiment truly eludes me.

James has been a rival of our Celtics for quite some time.

Wilt, the Logo, Dr J, Andrew Toney, Chocolate Thunder, Moses Malone, Kareem, Magic, MJ, Zeke, Mahorn, Laimbeer, Kenyon Martin, Jason Kidd, Kobe, Artest, Wade all beat us at one time or other and became our rivals. They didn't want to be Celtics and we didn't want them to be. THAT makes sense to me.

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 09:19:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think it does look like he gained weight throughout the season, which is weird since he plays so many minutes and is always plays hard. I choose not to take a stand on the hgh rumors because there is no proof and I would be upset if people were saying the same thing about me. But, he basically looks exactly the same as he did the last few years and it must be awesome to be that strong, fast, and explosive if it is indeed natural.
people need to take off the blinders. He's obviously doing something to enhance his strength. When have you ever seen a guy this big that can move this quick, and never gets injured. He takes 2 weeks off to go to Miami and then suddenly comes back his old self. His facial features are crazy now. He has a face upon a face . had that tumor on his jaw .

Its so obvious...
'

that jet fuel can't melt steel beams?

Look, it's entirely possible that LeBron is on some kind of crazy HGH program that no one has ever caught him doing, and that the entire league is in on it, and not a single member of management or ownership or employee of the league office wouldn't love to out him as a Steroid user.

But stringing together a series of relatively mundane instances with "it's so obvious" only really leads  to one conclusion: lazy thinking spurred on by a need to denigrate a player's accomplishments -- a train of thought that speaks rather poorly on the poster involved, IMO.

The time to reevaluate a player's career as the byproduct of steroids or whatever is after they test positive, not before.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think it does look like he gained weight throughout the season, which is weird since he plays so many minutes and is always plays hard. I choose not to take a stand on the hgh rumors because there is no proof and I would be upset if people were saying the same thing about me. But, he basically looks exactly the same as he did the last few years and it must be awesome to be that strong, fast, and explosive if it is indeed natural.
people need to take off the blinders. He's obviously doing something to enhance his strength. When have you ever seen a guy this big that can move this quick, and never gets injured. He takes 2 weeks off to go to Miami and then suddenly comes back his old self. His facial features are crazy now. He has a face upon a face . had that tumor on his jaw .

Its so obvious...
'

that jet fuel can't melt steel beams?

Look, it's entirely possible that LeBron is on some kind of crazy HGH program that no one has ever caught him doing, and that the entire league is in on it, and not a single member of management or ownership or employee of the league office wouldn't love to out him as a Steroid user.

But stringing together a series of relatively mundane instances with "it's so obvious" only really leads  to one conclusion: lazy thinking spurred on by a need to denigrate a player's accomplishments -- a train of thought that speaks rather poorly on the poster involved, IMO.

The time to reevaluate a player's career as the byproduct of steroids or whatever is after they test positive, not before.

This is an amazing post.