Author Topic: Sullinger updated photo with Turner and Oden  (Read 19812 times)

Re: Sullinger updated photo with Turner and Oden
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Sullinger looks exactly the same. Don't fall for the Myspace angle.

come on, he looks slimmer.   His face and his overall frame.  You can see some "bone" instead of baby fat
Sully looks to be wearing some baggy stuff, or at least under armor under his clothes so you can't 100% tell what kind of shape he is in. However, his face looks a lot slimmer, which (at least with me) is an indicator of good weight loss.

Thought the same.

I think the clothes are still hiding the Pillsbury dough boy

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Those doubting Oden - don't underestimate CBS' ability to make players better.

If Danny nabs Oden, I believe he'd be a productive player, at least, for us.
unless CBS can coach knees to be healthy, i dont see how oden can be a productive player. i mean, google microfracture and oden and see how serious this is.

then, add in these tidbits about oden's behavior off the court:

"Privately, his battle with personal demons still raged, according to multiple sources. Alcohol abuse remained a concern last season as he sat out many games because of soreness in his knees and back. When he was left in Miami during road trips early in the season, he often was spotted at local sports bars and restaurants, including a Hooters across the street from AmericanAirlines Arena, to watch the games."

and let's not forget his domestic violence incident:

"Oden struck the victim at least three times in the face, causing a laceration across her forehead, a swollen eye and a nasal fracture, according to court documents. A friend of the ex-girlfriend told police Oden stopped punching her only after he saw blood splattering onto the sofa."

given all this baggage, i dont see what oden can add to the celtics.

Yeah, before he beat up his girlfriend, I was a huge Oden fan, and I was hoping that Ainge would at least sign him for a year on a decent deal, especially if KG and PP had still been here, but not anymore.  In light of such actions, I don't think that Sully hanging out with him is a good idea, either. 

The only team which would give Oden a chance to return to playing, even if in a reserve role, imo, is Phoenix, because of their medical staff, obviously.  It's too bad, really, when you look back on Oden and what could have been, because whenever he played, he was a monster, and I have no doubt that he would have been a great center for a long time.  Sigh.
Somebody will give Oden a shot this year. I hope we can be thought of as having a great medical staff if not we have the doctors in Boston Let's get it done.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 10:07:58 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

unless CBS can coach knees to be healthy, i dont see how oden can be a productive player. i mean, google microfracture and oden and see how serious this is.

"Privately, his battle with personal demons still raged, according to multiple sources. Alcohol abuse remained a concern last season as he sat out many games because of soreness in his knees and back. When he was left in Miami during road trips early in the season, he often was spotted at local sports bars and restaurants, including a Hooters across the street from AmericanAirlines Arena, to watch the games."

"Oden struck the victim at least three times in the face, causing a laceration across her forehead, a swollen eye and a nasal fracture, according to court documents. A friend of the ex-girlfriend told police Oden stopped punching her only after he saw blood splattering onto the sofa."

Yeah, before he beat up his girlfriend, I was a huge Oden fan, and I was hoping that Ainge would at least sign him for a year on a decent deal, especially if KG and PP had still been here, but not anymore.  In light of such actions, I don't think that Sully hanging out with him is a good idea, either. 

The only team which would give Oden a chance to return to playing, even if in a reserve role, imo, is Phoenix, because of their medical staff, obviously.  It's too bad, really, when you look back on Oden and what could have been, because whenever he played, he was a monster, and I have no doubt that he would have been a great center for a long time.  Sigh.
Somebody will give Oden a shot this year. I hope we can be thought of as having a great medical staff if not we have the doctors in Boston Let's get it done.
again, why? why take on such a medical burden/risk and personal baggage for someone who has played 21 games in the past 4-5 years? and when he played, it was for less than 10 minutes a game.

for all the above, and, for taking up a space that could be used to develop a young player, how many games does oden win for the celtics?

all i see is the potential for lots of distraction, lots of unfavorable attention, lots of problems on a young team. what i dont see is the potential for substantial pay off.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Sullinger still has some upside.  I wouldn't trade him.  He has a lot of talent, is pretty competitive and focused, but has battled injuries and maturity issues.  I think we forget just how young today's rookies are.  There is a lot to deal with to be an NBA player on and off court.  He is still figuring that all out.

As for Oden, it sounds like depression led to drinking which led to the violence against his girlfriend.  You can't condone that but you can consider it correctable.  Deal with the depression first and if you are successful, that will probably take care of the drinking and violence.  I have no way to know the condition of his body but I am OK with giving him another chance in the league and I would be happy if it was the Celtics who gave him that chance.

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 01:35:10 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

again, why? why take on such a medical burden/risk and personal baggage for someone who has played 21 games in the past 4-5 years? and when he played, it was for less than 10 minutes a game.

for all the above, and, for taking up a space that could be used to develop a young player, how many games does oden win for the celtics?

all i see is the potential for lots of distraction, lots of unfavorable attention, lots of problems on a young team. what i dont see is the potential for substantial pay off.
A Camp invite is warranted somewhere with his potential. I do predict he plays some d league this year.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2015, 01:45:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think with Oden, the concern is not his knees, they are what they are, he will never give you starters minutes regularly. He can be a productive big off the bench and help a team out though. The main concern imo is his drinking/depression. If he has not recovered from that, then he is not worth wasting time on. If there is any team that could help him stay on track with sobriety and keep his depression in check though, it should be Boston with CBS and Oden's friends Turner and Sullinger, and the elite mental health care available in the area.

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 04:34:24 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Got to hand it to Greg, his work ethic is strong. He wants to play in the NBA and thats it, he not excepting a no answer. It doesn't matter that he will never reach his real potential. He must wonder about what could have been often.

I hope some of this work ethic, desire and appreciation of opportunity rub off on Sully...he does look thinner.   

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2015, 05:12:36 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Oden signs with us

Plays like an allstar

People will continue to hate on ainge

But in all seriousness, we should give the guy a shot!!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2015, 06:13:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
According to the docs ... Oden grabbed her and shoved her onto the couch ... and then started throwing "closed fist" punches to her face. The woman says he hit her 3 times -- once in the left eye, once in the forehead, and once in the nose.

She says the shot to her forehead opened a gash from which she started bleeding -- and Greg stopped attacking once he saw the blood. The victim was hospitalized and had to get 3 stitches between her eyebrows, and suffered a broken nose.

In the docs, a friend who was in the house says she overheard some talk of the girlfriend possibly cheating on Greg ... which might have sparked the fight.

Oden now faces 3 counts of battery -- one felony, and 2 misdemeanors.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/11/greg-oden-domestic-violence-arrest-girlfriend-police-report-affidavit/#ixzz3bBrt7wmh

Oden pleads guilty to battery in deal with prosecutors

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2015/02/03/oden-pleaded-guilty-to-battery-in-deal-with-prosecutors/22837617/

Oden is a piece of garbage.

P.S. Oden's case is far different than the "He said, she said" dismissed case against Sullinger.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Quick question -- I wanted to have the word, "dismissed" in my last post, link to an article. How do I do that?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2015, 06:47:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
hold on everyone. it looks as if the heat have oden all locked up.

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/miami-heat-provide-greg-oden-wheelchair-accessible-34256
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
hold on everyone. it looks as if the heat have oden all locked up.

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/miami-heat-provide-greg-oden-wheelchair-accessible-34256

That looks about as structurally sound as Oden's knees ha ha

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Sully is getting his trade value up for we can shipp him and bkc picks for dmc

Fireworks fireworks lol

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I've always wanted to see Oden in green in hopes he'd come around (finally) in his career as a Celtic.

The domestic abuse issue is likely going to make Danny and other GMs look the other way. Too much of a hot button issue. Too risky.

That aside, I'd love to see him get a shot under CBS, and have a chance to play some real minutes and prove whatever he has left.

PS - Sully looks exactly the same. His face isn't that chubby. It's all in the ass, thighs and belly. I has mild expectations for his muscle makeover. He's just got a chunky body type. He could slim down but will never be cut.

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Sully's arms definitely seem more defined in that picture.  There's more muscle.  So we can't go overboard or anything, but it's certainly not a bad sign of anything.  That would be quite the story if Oden ended up here.  My expectations would be 0.0, but it'd still be fun to see