Author Topic: Sullinger updated photo with Turner and Oden  (Read 19811 times)

Re: Sullinger updated photo with Turner and Oden
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Looks noticeably slimmer.  Is this an indication also that Sully and Turner can try to convince Danny to give a tryout/sign Oden for a season?? 

https://instagram.com/p/21AUNBTSE9/

Wait I thought when an NBA player lost weight it was because they stopped taking steroids?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Greg Oden is 27 years old

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2015, 01:55:37 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Do not want Oden. But I think they were together just because they all played at Ohio State.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2015, 02:06:51 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Sullinger looks exactly the same. Don't fall for the Myspace angle.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 02:11:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

come on, he looks slimmer.   His face and his overall frame.  You can see some "bone" instead of baby fat

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 03:08:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Those doubting Oden - don't underestimate CBS' ability to make players better.

If Danny nabs Oden, I believe he'd be a productive player, at least, for us.
unless CBS can coach knees to be healthy, i dont see how oden can be a productive player. i mean, google microfracture and oden and see how serious this is.

then, add in these tidbits about oden's behavior off the court:

"Privately, his battle with personal demons still raged, according to multiple sources. Alcohol abuse remained a concern last season as he sat out many games because of soreness in his knees and back. When he was left in Miami during road trips early in the season, he often was spotted at local sports bars and restaurants, including a Hooters across the street from AmericanAirlines Arena, to watch the games."

and let's not forget his domestic violence incident:

"Oden struck the victim at least three times in the face, causing a laceration across her forehead, a swollen eye and a nasal fracture, according to court documents. A friend of the ex-girlfriend told police Oden stopped punching her only after he saw blood splattering onto the sofa."

given all this baggage, i dont see what oden can add to the celtics.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/18/greg-oden-considering-nba-comeback-attempt-ohio-state-coach-says/

If his best option is to get a non guaranteed training camp invite then I would have him in camp , see if he has anything left.
See if he can earn a spot.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 03:15:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

he played about 21 games two seasons ago. Maybe he should go to the NBDL or Europe and play a season and show he can stay reasonably healthy. He's not good enough to sign for a quarter of the season

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

he played about 21 games two seasons ago. Maybe he should go to the NBDL or Europe and play a season and show he can stay reasonably healthy. He's not good enough to sign for a quarter of the season

Worth mentioning, the reason he didn't play last season was because of legal troubles, don't recall it being due to health issues.

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Those doubting Oden - don't underestimate CBS' ability to make players better.

If Danny nabs Oden, I believe he'd be a productive player, at least, for us.
unless CBS can coach knees to be healthy, i dont see how oden can be a productive player. i mean, google microfracture and oden and see how serious this is.

then, add in these tidbits about oden's behavior off the court:

"Privately, his battle with personal demons still raged, according to multiple sources. Alcohol abuse remained a concern last season as he sat out many games because of soreness in his knees and back. When he was left in Miami during road trips early in the season, he often was spotted at local sports bars and restaurants, including a Hooters across the street from AmericanAirlines Arena, to watch the games."

and let's not forget his domestic violence incident:

"Oden struck the victim at least three times in the face, causing a laceration across her forehead, a swollen eye and a nasal fracture, according to court documents. A friend of the ex-girlfriend told police Oden stopped punching her only after he saw blood splattering onto the sofa."

given all this baggage, i dont see what oden can add to the celtics.

Yeah, before he beat up his girlfriend, I was a huge Oden fan, and I was hoping that Ainge would at least sign him for a year on a decent deal, especially if KG and PP had still been here, but not anymore.  In light of such actions, I don't think that Sully hanging out with him is a good idea, either. 

The only team which would give Oden a chance to return to playing, even if in a reserve role, imo, is Phoenix, because of their medical staff, obviously.  It's too bad, really, when you look back on Oden and what could have been, because whenever he played, he was a monster, and I have no doubt that he would have been a great center for a long time.  Sigh.

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He does look better, let us hope he maintains the effort and we can see what he really can do.

I still think he has a finite athlete base but it should help him slightly.

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 08:31:26 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
This pic has probably been seen many times but I still get a laugh out of it ;D

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 08:33:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I would be nervous if I was Evan Turner's girlfriend.

Disclaimer:  The above joke is an example of dark humor, and isn't an endorsement of violence against women.  I think that Greg Oden is a scumbag, and there's at least some evidence that Sully is.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

come on, he looks slimmer.   His face and his overall frame.  You can see some "bone" instead of baby fat
Sully looks to be wearing some baggy stuff, or at least under armor under his clothes so you can't 100% tell what kind of shape he is in. However, his face looks a lot slimmer, which (at least with me) is an indicator of good weight loss.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 09:14:39 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I hope the guy comes in noticeably slimmer and more conditioned. Then he will have a good season and maybe be more tradeable.