Author Topic: Sold on WCS  (Read 7408 times)

Re: Sold on WCS
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
WCS is the anti-Frank Kaminsky.  He's a three year player in college who really hasn't improved much over that time but has played a very limited role, allowing people to assume he's got lots of room to grow.  Kaminsky is a four year player who improved dramatically over that time but played an increasingly larger role, which could fool you into thinking he's hit his peak.

I'm not trying to diminish WCS but there are a whole lot of assumptions behind him going at 6 or 7 and Kaminsky possibly falling all the way to us at 16.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm not convinced Kaminsky is going to be any better than Olynyk and they will play the same position.  Kaminsky was great last year, but I think people forget how good Olynyk was his last year at Gonzaga.

i thought WCS made huge improvements in his game each season at Kentucky.  It doesn't show up in a box score, but his influence over the game increased a lot.  He was pretty dominant last year despite not scoring much.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Chad Ford ?@chadfordinsider  1h1 hour ago
WCS shot it impressively today. Heard he often did the same in UK practices. If he can get that down consistently in a game setting, wow

Short video of WCS, along with Towns and Russell.
https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/605465513641181184

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 05:19:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
WCS shot it impressively today. Heard he often did the same in UK practices. If he can get that down consistently in a game setting, wow

Doing it at practice and able to do it with less than 5 min are two different stories.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Doing it at practice and able to do it with less than 5 min are two different stories.
not always. sometimes a player can do both. the question being skirted here is how do we know which sort of player WCS is? can anyone right now definitively say he can or cannot score?

i guess this is why teams have scouts.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 05:25:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, here's where I invite people to go watch any of a number of videos of Rondo nailing three after three in practice.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

WCS was never allowed to shoot from the perimeter, neither was Towns. It doesn't mean they can't, it just means their system didn't call for it. Unlike Rondo, who was addressed above, WCS's shot is fundamentally sound.

Triboy, you love Mickey because you say he's athletic and can block shots. Cauley-Stein is bigger, longer, way more athletic, and a better shot blocker, but you don't like him. Makes sense.

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930

Yeah, here's where I invite people to go watch any of a number of videos of Rondo nailing three after three in practice.

To be fair, WCS isn't shooting it from his shoulder, though. Lol WCS' shot actually looks fundamentally decent from this video. That doesn't mean I want him shooting a jumper every time he touches the ball like KO, but it does bode well for his eventual offensive capabilities in this league.