Author Topic: Smart and Grant backcourt.  (Read 4236 times)

Re: Smart and Grant backcourt.
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2015, 11:45:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I like Grant but not a guy I go after. Porzingis and Mario are the guys that I could see a trade up for using AB.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 09:57:13 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I just checked Grant out, you're right, he's someone to seriously look at. If we find a way to grab him, it would make one of our guards expendable. Bradley?

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
That said, it would leave AB as somewhat the odd man out. It would be OK for a season, but in the long run Smart/AB/IT/Grant/Young is way too crowded.

I would be ok with trading AB to draft a guy like Booker to provide scoring punch. 

At #16 we could take Grant or Myles Turner if he lasts that long.  I do like Grant's passing ability, vision, and size.  The NBA is moving more towards combo guards, but Grant appears to have better passing ability and floor-general ability than Smart coming out of college.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 11:35:56 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
That said, it would leave AB as somewhat the odd man out. It would be OK for a season, but in the long run Smart/AB/IT/Grant/Young is way too crowded.

I would be ok with trading AB to draft a guy like Booker to provide scoring punch. 

At #16 we could take Grant or Myles Turner if he lasts that long.  I do like Grant's passing ability, vision, and size.  The NBA is moving more towards combo guards, but Grant appears to have better passing ability and floor-general ability than Smart coming out of college.

I'd be honest with you I'd rather have Jerian Grant at point guard than Smart. At least Grant can initiate the offense and keep his dribble alive. We selected Smart at 6th overall and he can't do that. Grant's 3 point shot also isn't as broken as Smart's coming out of college. Of course he is like 23 or something like that, but at least he can handle the ball. Ridiculous, Smart is a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing scrub and it p---es me off that we drafted him last year. The fact that we are already discussing about potentially adding Lawson and even thinking about drafting a PG at 16 after we just wasted a top 6 pick on this bust just shows that Ainge knows this guy isn't the future of the PG position for the Celtics. Guy couldn't even beat out Jordan Clarkson for a spot on the All Rookie 1st team who was selected a whole 30+ picks after him. I don't know what the hell Ainge is doing in these drafts, but to only come out with a point guard who can't handle the basketball and draft a SG who can't defend or score in one of the deepest drafts in recent years is ridiculous. We could have drafted Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, or Noah Vonleh at 6 and Gary Harris or Rodney Hood at 17. Extremely disappointing.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 11:45:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I'd be honest with you I'd rather have Jerian Grant at point guard than Smart. At least Grant can initiate the offense and keep his dribble alive. We selected Smart at 6th overall and he can't do that. Grant's 3 point shot also isn't as broken as Smart's coming out of college. Of course he is like 23 or something like that, but at least he can handle the ball. Ridiculous, Smart is a ****ing scrub and it p---es me off that we drafted him last year. The fact that we are already discussing about potentially adding Lawson and even thinking about drafting a PG at 16 after we just wasted a top 6 pick on this bust just shows that Ainge knows this guy isn't the future of the PG position for the Celtics. Guy couldn't even beat out Jordan Clarkson for a spot on the All Rookie 1st team who was selected a whole 30+ picks after him. I don't know what the hell Ainge is doing in these drafts, but to only come out with a point guard who can't handle the basketball and draft a SG who can't defend or score in one of the deepest drafts in recent years is ridiculous. We could have drafted Julius Randle, Zach LaVine, or Noah Vonleh at 6 and Gary Harris or Rodney Hood at 17. Extremely disappointing.

What exactly have Randle, Vonleh, Lavine, Harris, and Hood accomplished last year? Not much. Smart is going to be a big time player imo, a guy who knows how to win and changes the game. He showed a lot of growth last season. When comparing him to Grant , you have to keep in mind that Smart is younger than him but already has a year of NBA experience under his belt now.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 11:46:20 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Interesting. This would mean the Celtics put the "PG Marcus Smart" role on the backburner (which I don't think he is anyway; to me he's an off-guard). The Celtics would have legit NBA backcourt size for the first time in a long while. I wouldn't mind it as long as the team drafts Grant in a reasonable spot.

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 02:01:27 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Sign me up!
I would love to see Smart and Grant in our backcourt together!
He will be the steal of the draft in my oppinion.

Take Upshaw with the Clippers pick (trade up if needed) and trade Bradley and assets for a SF.
Shabazz Muhammad would be perfect.

Grant/Smart/Muhammad/Sully/Upshaw

Great young core with potential!

Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd