Author Topic: Windhorst & Lowe on Kevin Love (Reportedly May Leave Cleveland)  (Read 21643 times)

Re: Windhorst & Lowe on Kevin Love
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Yeah but I bet Kevin Love thinks he could be the best player on a good NBA team, too.

I am pretty certain he does, which would be the biggest factor in him moving on.

I guess thats why he consented to be traded to a team with Lebron on it and an upcoming star in Kyrie ::)

whats your point? Use your words instead of eye rolls. I am certain that Lebron thought he could be the best player on a good team, but still joined up with Bosh and Wade. So why did he consent to join the heat? lets hear it bud.

Probably because he had never had team mates remotely on their level his whole career and wanted to win. Not sure what you point is? Lebron had 2 MVPs before joining the Heat! It wasnt even debatable who was the best player on the team. Hey they had chemistry issues 1st year but turns out chemistry cant be developed within 1 yr. They went on 2 win rings and reach 4 finals. Pretty sure Love would take Bosh's 2rings and 4 finals over 4 yrs of putting up stats while barely sniffing PO!

You act like his choices are to stay in Cleveland or go to the Bobcats. There are only a few teams in the NBA that couldn't find a way to offer him a max contract if he said he wanted to play there. I'm not going to really bother arguing with you on this because you are just saying the same thing over and over again. Meanwhile respected national writers are saying they think he may leave. If you want to have a basketball related talk like:
 1)  how his shot attempts dropped by 6 a game while Kyrie and Lebron stayed the same

1st year chemistry. Going from number option to number 2/3

2) The team added jr smith, mosgov and shumpert that play larger roles in the offense since when he joined

No they dont. Team just has more weapons to better their offense. . Jr takes open jumpers to space the floor Shump defends and shoots if he gets the ball. Mosgov protects the rim and gets bunnies/putbacks. Not sure what your point is here. If anything these players help Love becasue Mosgov can cover for him on D, Same with Shump and Jr spaces the floor

3) the team has played very well without him and have thompson requesting a giant contract with Lebron endorsing it.

Not sure what this has to do with Love either. Incase you didnt know Love and TT played most of the crunch time minutes for the Cavs this season. Surely watched the Cavs Cs series and saw Love make 2 clutch 3s  in game 3 with TT crashing the offensive boards on the floor. They compliment each other pretty well. TT getting a big contract doesnt affect Love in anyway shape or form

Seriously? Jr Smith takes open jumpers? You are literally the first person in the world to describe his game that way. That includes Jr himself who said he prefers to shoot contested shots.

He shoots 3s! He spaces the floor. That was he does. Thats what he is ever going to do. I have no idea how that cant be a positive for Love given he gets more space to work when he posts up. Same for the rest of the team

As for TT and Love and their contracts not being related, I don't get how that is a serious argument. If you have the 3 of them, Mosgov, TT and Love, one of them has to come off the bench. I don't see either Love or TT coming off the bench at 14 or 20 million a year. If you are a player like Iggy that is north of 30, you can consider coming off the bench to win a chip. If you are 26 or 24 like TT and Love you don't do that smack dab in the middle of your career while getting 15+ mill a year. Their contracts and presence on the team as starting power forwards are definitely related.

TT came of the bench this season. Not sure why that will change next season just because he playing well in the playoffs. He is a role player and knows his role. HE is gonna make some coin this offseason. Thats all he will care about. He will still play 30+mins. He will stay play in crunch time with LOve. Whether it is smart for cavs to have an 11mil player on the bench is a completely diff issue. But again the player knows his role.

And am sure Lebron wants both LOve and TT to stay and will convince TT to come of the bench  if there is any doubt (higly unlikely). Afterall Lebron pretty just made TT a bunch of money by being in Cavs because he def wouldnt be commanding such salary of Lebron wasnt around. You really are trying to manufacture something out of nothin! Just like the media! Oh well

yes. Me, the other posters here and other national writers from different sources are all manufacturing something that doesn't exist.

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2015, 03:56:11 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Which national writers have said that Thompson's impending contract/role is a sore spot for Love?

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Yeah but I bet Kevin Love thinks he could be the best player on a good NBA team, too.

I am pretty certain he does, which would be the biggest factor in him moving on.

I guess thats why he consented to be traded to a team with Lebron on it and an upcoming star in Kyrie ::)

whats your point? Use your words instead of eye rolls. I am certain that Lebron thought he could be the best player on a good team, but still joined up with Bosh and Wade. So why did he consent to join the heat? lets hear it bud.

Probably because he had never had team mates remotely on their level his whole career and wanted to win. Not sure what you point is? Lebron had 2 MVPs before joining the Heat! It wasnt even debatable who was the best player on the team. Hey they had chemistry issues 1st year but turns out chemistry cant be developed within 1 yr. They went on 2 win rings and reach 4 finals. Pretty sure Love would take Bosh's 2rings and 4 finals over 4 yrs of putting up stats while barely sniffing PO!

You act like his choices are to stay in Cleveland or go to the Bobcats. There are only a few teams in the NBA that couldn't find a way to offer him a max contract if he said he wanted to play there. I'm not going to really bother arguing with you on this because you are just saying the same thing over and over again. Meanwhile respected national writers are saying they think he may leave. If you want to have a basketball related talk like:
 1)  how his shot attempts dropped by 6 a game while Kyrie and Lebron stayed the same

2) The team added jr smith, mosgov and shumpert that play larger roles in the offense since when he joined

No they dont. Team just has more weapons to better their offense. . Jr takes open jumpers to space the floor Shump defends and shoots if he gets the ball. Mosgov protects the rim and gets bunnies/putbacks. Not sure what your point is here. If anything these players help Love becasue Mosgov can cover for him on D, Same with Shump and Jr spaces the floor

3) the team has played very well without him and have thompson requesting a giant contract with Lebron endorsing it.

Not sure what this has to do with Love either. Incase you didnt know Love and TT played most of the crunch time minutes for the Cavs this season. Surely watched the Cavs Cs series and saw Love make 2 clutch 3s  in game 3 with TT crashing the offensive boards on the floor. They compliment each other pretty well. TT getting a big contract doesnt affect Love in anyway shape or form

Seriously? Jr Smith takes open jumpers? You are literally the first person in the world to describe his game that way. That includes Jr himself who said he prefers to shoot contested shots.

He shoots 3s! He spaces the floor. That was he does. Thats what he is ever going to do. I have no idea how that cant be a positive for Love given he gets more space to work when he posts up. Same for the rest of the team

As for TT and Love and their contracts not being related, I don't get how that is a serious argument. If you have the 3 of them, Mosgov, TT and Love, one of them has to come off the bench. I don't see either Love or TT coming off the bench at 14 or 20 million a year. If you are a player like Iggy that is north of 30, you can consider coming off the bench to win a chip. If you are 26 or 24 like TT and Love you don't do that smack dab in the middle of your career while getting 15+ mill a year. Their contracts and presence on the team as starting power forwards are definitely related.

TT came of the bench this season. Not sure why that will change next season just because he playing well in the playoffs. He is a role player and knows his role. HE is gonna make some coin this offseason. Thats all he will care about. He will still play 30+mins. He will stay play in crunch time with LOve. Whether it is smart for cavs to have an 11mil player on the bench is a completely diff issue. But again the player knows his role.

And am sure Lebron wants both LOve and TT to stay and will convince TT to come of the bench  if there is any doubt (higly unlikely). Afterall Lebron pretty just made TT a bunch of money by being in Cavs because he def wouldnt be commanding such salary of Lebron wasnt around. You really are trying to manufacture something out of nothin! Just like the media! Oh well

yes. Me, the other posters here and other national writers from different sources are all manufacturing something that doesn't exist.

Well hey FA is 5 weeks away. Looking forward to your excuses as to why these plethora of "reports" didnt materialize to anything!! Will def be around

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Well hey FA is 5 weeks away. Looking forward to your excuses as to why these plethora of "reports" didnt materialize to anything!! Will def be around

To be clear, I think i have said it is 50 50 he leaves pretty consistently, where you have put yourself in the unenviable position of saying there is no chance he leaves. I'll still give you props if he stays, particularly he if he does so without talking to any other teams. However, don't get what I have said twisted either. I definitely have not said he was a 100% leaving.

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

To be clear, I think i have said it is 50 50 he leaves pretty consistently, where you have put yourself in the unenviable position of saying there is no chance he leaves. I'll still give you props if he stays, particularly he if he does so without talking to any other teams. However, don't get what I have said twisted either. I definitely have not said he was a 100% leaving.

MY issue has never been whether you feel he is leaving or not. My issue has been all the so called logical reasons you keep bringing up for him leaving just dont compute. Esp for a player who not only has said time and time again his prority is winning.

To them I say: I don't care. I've never played in a playoff game. I came to Cleveland because I want to win. I'll grab a broom and sweep the floors if it gets me an NBA title."

His words exactly. HE is now in the perfect situation to realise this while being able to get the most money he can and have a legiit 4-5 yr title run. There just isnt any logical reason for him to throw all that away. Maybe if he was going to another contender then yes. But media are linking him with lottery teams/teams that have zero chance of sniffing the Finals. Thats why I know its all BS made strictly for controversy hence clicks.

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2015, 04:30:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
@Clay: That's entirely true. I think Love is an massive overpay for a stretch 4, which is (I assume) how Cleveland expects to use him in the near future, particularly with Thompson's coming out party happening when the lights are brightest.

But I think Love will want more money than any championship contender can offer him, and may wind up signing with a Sacto or similar... but there's no guarantee he'll be in a better situation (basketball or title contention) than he is in Cleveland.

I can understand why people would laugh this off based on the team history, but is a team with Cousins, Love, Collison, Gay, Mclememore a top 10 pick in this draft and some serviceable free agents signings truly that bad?

No I don't think it's bad -- I think the situation will be the same in the sense that that's a lot of touches to be spread around to players that aren't Kevin Love, which seems to be his point of contention right now with the Cavs.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Love might after all be leaving Cleveland
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2015, 06:54:43 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
//While on a podcast with Zach Lowe, Windhorst said “Every executive I talk to, every agent I talk to, every quasi insider, every girlfriend’s cousin’s sister’s boyfriend all says this guy is out of there”.//

http://hooptrends.com/kevin-love-expected-leave-cleveland/

Re: Love might after all be leaving Cleveland
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2015, 06:56:41 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Of course.  There's only so much ego shrinkage a guy can take...

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2015, 07:02:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Of course.  There's only so much ego shrinkage a guy can take...

no offense to the OP, i am a fan, but there are multiple threads on this already, including one specifically about the podcast. lots of good discussion there

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yeah... and they follow it up by mentioning that every person who claims Love is leaving also claims he's a lock to join the Lakers.

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2015, 07:16:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Perhaps Woj wasn't just stirring the pot in late April when he suggested the C's and Love had some kind of mutual agreement.

He's got to be looking at the Western Conference at the moment and wondering how brutal it's going to be out there for at least the next 5 years.

Our appeal is our coach, our cap situation, our GM, our sports city and basketball history. What's not often mentioned is how much easier the East must look to free agents that want deep playoff runs.
Love would have an offense revolving around him, and being 'the man' here would be an appealing scenario.

With Stevens coaching, I wonder if DeAndre Jordan would look at us with Love coming here.

Let's fantasize: 
1) trade Bradley+ #28+Dallas 2016 pick+ Wallace to Bucks for Khris Middleton  (Jason Kidd loves his D)

2)re-sign Crowder to reasonable deal
3) sign Kevin Love
4) sign DeAndre Jordan

Smart
Middleton
Crowder
Love
Jordan

IT
Turner
Olynyk or Sully
Zeller
Young
Rookie
Rookie

Tough defensive team with solid three point shooting and bench.
Still missing something but we've got best defensive anchor in NBA and top 10 NBA player in love and potential top 25 player in Middleton so we're much closer to where we wanna be. If Middleton, Smart and Crowder all improve that's a very nasty team.

I think we've got a better shot at Love than most people think.
The Lakers getting the # 2 pick didn't help us but the West is just so tough that I think it would really appeal to guys like DJ and Love as far as getting bigger roles and only having to deal with Lebron as the mega hurdle.
Whereas the West is Curry, CP3/Griffin, Harden/Howard, Gasol/Zeebo, Spurs.

On an interesting side note, did anyone see that Mike Conley is expected to hit free agency?

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
//While on a podcast with Zach Lowe, Windhorst said “Every executive I talk to, every agent I talk to, every quasi insider, every girlfriend’s cousin’s sister’s boyfriend all says this guy is out of there”.//

My twice removed uncle by my grandmothers adopted daughter also confirms it !

LOL

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I take that to mean that he's spoken to Jordan Mackey's agent, A. Sherrod Blakely, ahaha ;D.

Re: Windhorst & Lowe on Kevin Love (Reportedly May Leave Cleveland)
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Ahaha ;D, "Jason Kidd loves his D," ;D.

Re: Windhorst & Lowe on Kevin Love (Reportedly May Leave Cleveland)
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2015, 05:49:53 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
http://www.ysrpodcasts.com/jason/

Woj on Love...

Love has options. I think he's going to look around. He's going to look closely at Boston. He's going to look closely at LA. I'm sure the Texas teams want to get involved. He really likes Kevin McHale. He took the trade to Cleveland without knowing his role, without discussing with Blatt on how he would be used. I'm told that how he'll be used are some of the questions he wants to ask. I think Boston would be interesting because of Stevens and Ainge as a recruiting duo to sell him on how he'll be used there. I think Boston is a real legitimate possibility.