Poll

Would you give Sully a Max deal. If he Avg's 17ppg 10 rpg

Yes Do It.
1 (1.4%)
Heck No. He will go right back to the Cheeseburger diet.
27 (37%)
If he does play well next year. Trade Him.
23 (31.5%)
I would extend him at 10 million per year range.
22 (30.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Poll: Give Sullinger the Max if he has a great season.  (Read 6570 times)

Re: Poll: Give Sullinger the Max if he has a great season.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 06:23:42 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I would love Sully to come in next season, dominate, and have the Celtics immediately trade him.  I do not think a big man with foot issues is ever a good long term investment. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Would not feel comfortable giving Sullinger the max, even bearing in mind the cap increase and the fact that the max for him will be less than it is for older players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Before anyone thinks about a new contract, or heaven forbid a max deal. I'd like to see what he looks like and plays like at a conditioned 260 lb., and can he stay healthy for an entire season. Can he actually defend the quicker power forwards in the NBA?

The proof is in the pudding...oops.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 06:39:10 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
But guys, I thought Jared Sullinger would become Kevin Love 2.0 if he lost 30 lbs, started shooting a better percentage, could jump higher, and could rebound at a higher rate? Why would you not want to give a guy like that a max contract?

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 07:05:03 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I like Sully but the only way I would give him big money would be if he became at least an average three point shooter and obviously got in better shape. I would consider trading him on draft night but I do like him and wouldn't mind giving him one more chance to improve.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 08:10:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Before anyone thinks about a new contract, or heaven forbid a max deal. I'd like to see what he looks like and plays like at a conditioned 260 lb., and can he stay healthy for an entire season. Can he actually defend the quicker power forwards in the NBA?

Lol ;D, TP.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I would love Sully to come in next season, dominate, and have the Celtics immediately trade him.  I do not think a big man with foot issues is ever a good long term investment.

While I completely agree, that honestly looked like a smokescreen for him to take some time to get in shape, to me.  I can't ever recall any kind of a stress fracture healing that quickly, can you, lol ;D?

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
Not a max player yet and there are still doubts about what he can be. I believe he is still getting better. Like others, would like to see what shape he turns up in next season and what he has improved on. I wouldn't want him to go anywhere else just yet - too much potential.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think the salary cap is expected to make a large jump next summer - so no, I do not see a situation where Sully is worth the max under the higher cap.

Main concerns about Sully even if he does put up 17/10 are:

(1) How good his conditioning and physical shape is (throughout the year)
(2) How good his defense is -- it was lousy this past season. That cannot continue.
(3) How efficient his scoring is -- only 50% TS% past two seasons.

How well he does in those areas are main factors in determining whether he'll earn (a) starter-money (b) quasi-star money (c) genuine star money.

I think the reason for his low percentage is that he takes a lot of threes I hope he takes less next year

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 10:12:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
17 and 10 may get him $10M and that is being generous taking into account the new cap.

If he puts up 22 and 12, then I could see him getting the max, but at that point it would be better to trade him, because I imagine that he will have reached his peak.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 10:50:28 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
17 and 10 may get him $10M and that is being generous taking into account the new cap.

If he puts up 22 and 12, then I could see him getting the max, but at that point it would be better to trade him, because I imagine that he will have reached his peak.

God forbid he reach his peak putting up Barkley averages  ::)

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 10:56:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Lol ;D, TP.

Sully says " yummy chocolate ".    ;D

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 11:22:07 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
If Sully comes in and plays really well, I would try harder to trade him. Hes got 10 or 15 million reasons to be in shape, this year. But what about next year? I think you pay guys with attitudes like AB and trade guys like Sully.

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 11:28:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Is this a joke?

Lol, I thought the same exact thing when I read the title of this post.

Why don't we give James Young and Phil Pressey the max while we're at it.

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 11:29:58 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

While I completely agree, that honestly looked like a smokescreen for him to take some time to get in shape, to me.  I can't ever recall any kind of a stress fracture healing that quickly, can you, lol ;D?

stranger things have happened.
What's scary is that would mean he couldn't control his eating during the regular season. He needed to take time off to get control of his diet.

I think he hit the "wall" as far as being fatigued. He used the " I'll lose weight while I'm rehabbing too
card.