11 (20.8%)
Rondo
2 (3.8%)
Perk
0 (0%)
other
1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: ex-Celtic popularity contest  (Read 3662 times)

Re: ex-Celtic popularity contest
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 07:39:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
No Ray Ray love ? ;D

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 08:01:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
No Ray Ray love ? ;D
nor any perkasauras love either. i thought at least a few cb hearts would beat eternal for perk.  :'(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 08:31:22 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
The Truth, with no second thoughts. One of the most under rated players ever. KG second on that list, also no doubt. I give it to PP due to his length of time, captaincy and consistency even when the team wasn't playing well. Both were amazing for us and two outstanding players of their era.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 09:09:35 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It has to be Paul Pierce, of course. He's the pride of the Boston Celtics, wherever he goes, period. He carried us through thick and thin, and embraced the franchise like what great players do.

I'm just curious... I know it's supposedly recent Celtics but I'd ask anyway. I wonder how much love Antoine Walker will get here? 'Toine was the reason I followed the Celtics. I love his sort of unique style of playing and swagger. He was a very good player in his prime.

I remember the pep talk he gave Paul in Game 3 of the 2002 series against the Nets. I adored him even more after that.

Any love for Antoine Walker here? Hep hep...?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 09:24:27 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
It has to be Paul Pierce, of course. He's the pride of the Boston Celtics, wherever he goes, period. He carried us through thick and thin, and embraced the franchise like what great players do.

I'm just curious... I know it's supposedly recent Celtics but I'd ask anyway. I wonder how much love Antoine Walker will get here? 'Toine was the reason I followed the Celtics. I love his sort of unique style of playing and swagger. He was a very good player in his prime.

I remember the pep talk he gave Paul in Game 3 of the 2002 series against the Nets. I adored him even more after that.

No.  I always found him to be very frustrating due to his lack of discipline and his unwillingness to take to coaching.  He fell well short of his potential.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 09:40:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol ;D, TP. Who could ever rival da white mamba, ahaha ;D?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:51:44 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 09:40:52 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

No.  I always found him to be very frustrating due to his lack of discipline and his unwillingness to take to coaching.  He fell well short of his potential.

Wow. So I'm the one?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 09:51:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
No Ray Ray love ? ;D
nor any perkasauras love either. i thought at least a few cb hearts would beat eternal for perk.  :'(

Perkasaurus?  Lol ;D, TP.  Personally, I thought his best nickname, not that he had many, mind you ;D, was 'Swamp Thang,' per basketball reference.com.  Yeah, I'd never heard of it, either, to be honest.  That site has a bunch of funny nicknames, btw.  For example, Corey Maggette is immortalized as, "Bad P0rn," ahaha ;D, but you don't have to take my word for it ;) ;D. You can't make this stuff up ;D.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/perkike01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/maggeco01.html

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 10:04:51 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
It was very tough to pick between PP and KG but I picked KG only because PP grew up a Laker Fan LOL. I think I should have picked PP because KG has kinda gone back home to Minnesota. As for Doc, he is not a Celtic in my book. I think he is a pretentious guy, and never really loved the Celtics. It was just a paycheck and chance to further his career.

I couldn't disagree more. I liked Doc and still do. Sure he's not the best X's and O's coach, but he's one hell of a team/personalities manager. I have no doubt in my mind he LOVED it here. The way he talked about it didn't seem fake at all. Heck, didn't you see him cry like a baby 2-3 different times when he came back for the first time?

I don't think all the Doc bashing is fair.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
PP>KG>Perk>TA>Rondo>Waltah>Scal>Battie>House>Anderson>Delk

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 11:37:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
No Ray Ray love ? ;D

What about 'the jet,' ;) ahaha ;D?

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 12:09:55 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I cast the lone vote for Rajon Rondo.  Paul Pierce is a very, very close second.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I also chose Pierce.
I remember when Paul was a rookie, it was at a time when the C's were making dumb moves, getting rid of good, young, green talent, to trying to get veteran players that couldn't care less about the Celtics or winning.

Even in this atmosphere it was obvious Pierce was special. The guy had ice water running through his veins, and talent to back it up. It wasn't long before he was the face of the Celtics. In year 3 or 4 Tommy saying he will score more points than any other Celtic in team history, I though he was crazy! I remember the morning I read in the paper, Shaq giving him the nickname "the truth" and it sticking.

Paul should retire a Celtic, and hopefully be involved in some way with the organization. No doubt his number will be raised to the rafters. 

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 11:39:38 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I went with KG.

I know Pierce is the obvious choice and maybe my 2nd favorite Celtic all-time behind Bird, but [in trying to withhold bias] KG was my favorite NBA player in the league for years...and then we got him!! Not only that, but we also won a championship with him anchoring a supreme defensive unit. I was probably just as happy when we got 'Nique for the same reason, but obviously his impact and tenure were pretty forgettable...still, I'm glad he suited up in a Cs jersey for a short portion of his career.

Celtics players will always be my 'favorite' simply because they get 100% of my support, but KG was a dream come true and I think is the fair choice.

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Scal for one of my favorite ex Celtics, with PP basically being a tie afterwards. As for the second part of the question, I think Jameer Nelson gets my vote...lol.