Author Topic: Doc Rivers must be bummed  (Read 1425 times)

Doc Rivers must be bummed
« on: May 23, 2015, 10:09:14 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He thought he was going to be the man in LA. With the Lakers about to return to dominance he will need more than blocking the Lakers 'rafter of fame' to avoid been the 'other LA team"

Serves the front running traitor right I say. I never thought there would be any redeeming quality to the Lakers getting better.

Re: Doc Rivers must be bummed
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 11:16:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think Okafor is a franchise-altering talent.  Best case, he's Big Al, I think.

The Clippers will still be the LA team to beat in the foreseeable future.  The real situation that Coach Doc Rivers should be bummed with is the fact that his organization is run by an incompetent GM (Doc Rivers).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 11:51:41 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I don't think Okafor is a franchise-altering talent.  Best case, he's Big Al, I think.

The Clippers will still be the LA team to beat in the foreseeable future.  The real situation that Coach Doc Rivers should be bummed with is the fact that his organization is run by an incompetent GM (Doc Rivers).
Why is there so much hate for GM Doc? The move for Austin Rivers is looking like a steal. I wish we kept him!
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Let's not be too hard on him. GM Doc acquired a has-been player who was then rehabilitated by Coach Doc, significantly increasing future family net worth for Dad Doc.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

HAHAHAHA TP !!!!!

Guys, what happened to my get Roy back on the positive TP campaign? I think it is kind of arrogant and condescending of Roy to be the only one with negative TPs. LOL, I keed I keed. But lets see if we can get him on the positive side anyway.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I think Okafor's worst case may also be Big Al.  He's definitely not Shaq but the Laker's can build a good team around him. 

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 01:03:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Lakers a long long way from being ready to overtake the Clippers.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 01:25:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Lakers a long long way from being ready to overtake the Clippers.

You just don't know the Clippers then.

They were on the verge of a good thing, then they hired Doc Rivers as GM. That team has disaster written all over them. All the Lakers need to do to get back on top of the Lakers is for Mitch Kupchak to take Jerry West fishing, golfing, or whatever Jerry West likes to do, and get Jerry's master plan of how to rebuild his old team. If Mitch does this, the Lakers will be back over the Clippers in a minute. The Clippers are very fragile. DJ leaves, and they are done.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 02:47:55 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 373
Okafor and Randle remind me of the failures that the T-Wolves had trying to play Kevin Love with Big Al.  Two poor defenders.  And, in this case, neither has offensive range.