Author Topic: LeBron James Outsmarted everybody  (Read 4412 times)

Re: LeBron James Outsmarted everybody
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 07:41:31 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Cleveland beats GSW.

If Lebron does that without Love and with a severely injured Kyrie, I will start to buy into the GOAT arguments.
I would hate to have to agree with that, but it would be impossible to ignore. I don't think it will happen

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 07:51:04 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
We don't have the same definition of the word "brilliant".
Being born with freak athleticism and (probably) taking pills to be sure to dominate in nba while disrespecting organisations, players, is not what I will call "brilliant".

To me "brilliant" in sport are guys like Duncan. A humble person with big heart. Great fighting spirit. Establish a father/son relationship with Pop and look like a big brother to his teammates.

KG who devoted his career to a mediocre team, to finally make a 2nd home in Boston and never change his mentality. Fighting with his heart and embrace everything that is given to him.

Pierce that fight his demons many years to the point to be bully by the fans. Get stabbed near to death and come back stronger to end up one of the greatest Celtics.

I can go on like that with many players.
Respect, heart, fighting spirit are what I call brilliant.

Lebron has Ego, that's it. He's a joke and a whinny baby that doesn't want to grow up.

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 07:59:00 AM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
Being born with freak athleticism and (probably) taking pills to be sure to dominate in nba while disrespecting organisations, players, is not what I will call "brilliant".

To me "brilliant" in sport are guys like Duncan. A humble person with big heart. Great fighting spirit. Establish a father/son relationship with Pop and look like a big brother to his teammates.

KG who devoted his career to a mediocre team, to finally make a 2nd home in Boston and never change his mentality. Fighting with his heart and embrace everything that is given to him.

Pierce that fight his demons many years to the point to be bully by the fans. Get stabbed near to death and come back stronger to end up one of the greatest Celtics.

Lebron has Ego, that's it. He's a joke and a whinny baby that doesn't want to grow up.

Personality doesn't diminish his basketball skills man. LeBron has talent and proved a lot of people wrong. I didn't think they had a chance vs the Hawks but talent wins in the NBA, and LeBron is the most talented player we've seen since Jordan.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 08:04:19 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
Personality doesn't diminish his basketball skills man. LeBron has talent and proved a lot of people wrong. I didn't think they had a chance vs the Hawks but talent wins in the NBA, and LeBron is the most talented player we've seen since Jordan.

I can't deny his talent either.
But we were talking about Lebron supposing brilliant move to leave the cavs and come back. (Check OP)

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 08:32:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lebron has talent that is undeniable.   He has never had the will to win of the all time greats though and something has been always off upstairs in terms of mental toughness.   He has over time improved in that regard as he matured.   I think his outsmarting everybody is true, in terms of his PED usage.

That being said, he is the greatest player in the game presently.  I will be rooting for the WEst coast in the finals which I have done every time he has been in the finals because I dislike him as a person.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 08:37:59 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
No, what Lebron did that was brilliant was DOUBLE his normal dose of HGH!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 08:47:09 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
No, what Lebron did that was brilliant was DOUBLE his normal dose of HGH!!!

Smitty77

TP, brilliant move indeed  8)

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 09:06:02 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Eh, the Cavs aren't even benefiting from all those draft picks so much right now, except for Tristan Thompson.

The Eastern Conference is just very, very weak this year.  All of the teams that might have given Lebron trouble have been limited by injuries, and they weren't so great to begin with.

Luckily, the Warriors are a far superior team and should buzz saw through the Cavs so long as Curry, Bogut, and Dray stay healthy.
yeah kyrie irving has done nothing for that team

The Cavs could have gotten Kyrie with or without LeBron, they took him with the first round pick they got from the Clippers in exchange for Mo Williams and taking on Baron Davis.  You could argue the Cavs wouldn't have made that trade if they were trying to win a championship, but nonetheless they didn't get Kyrie as a direct result of sucking. 

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 10:01:02 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Not in this context we don't. I am using Urban Dictionary definition, basically to confirm that he outsmarted everyone. He left Cleveland because he knew they would have a better chance with him leaving for a while and coming back to a better team. It seemed to have worked out like that, don't you agree. He got two rings, and he got to go back home with a better chance of winning more rings. If this was though out by him, and it works out that he wins in Cleveland, how is that not brilliant?

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 11:58:23 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney

Not in this context we don't. I am using Urban Dictionary definition, basically to confirm that he outsmarted everyone. He left Cleveland because he knew they would have a better chance with him leaving for a while and coming back to a better team. It seemed to have worked out like that, don't you agree. He got two rings, and he got to go back home with a better chance of winning more rings. If this was though out by him, and it works out that he wins in Cleveland, how is that not brilliant?

As a selfish title hungry player, it is what he suppose to do. I won't say brilliant, because the reasoning is kind of obvious (you let your team in deep s... and come back when they manage to load talents).
Brilliant would suggest a smart plan. If you think it was a smart plan, so be it, Lebron was brilliant.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
The value of the Cavs increased by 1 billion because if his return, im pretty sure he gets something from the cake somehow at some point - thats whats pretty smart, money talks

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Cleveland will beat GSW in 6. Houston in 5.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Cleveland beats GSW.

If Lebron does that without Love and with a severely injured Kyrie, I will start to buy into the GOAT arguments.

It at least becomes a real debate at that point in my opinion.  Right now it's a stretch, but an accomplishment like that would be hard to ignore.

Semi-relatedly, it's long past time to start giving David Blatt some credit too.  The Cavs' defense has been making the Hawks look like a mediocre iso-heavy offensive team.  That's not all coming from LeBron.

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 02:52:50 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't think LeBron had a grand plan to force the Cavs to bottom out and return, but it's pretty clear they were failing him.  He made the Finals with Delonte west as the team's second best player.  They were doing an awful job of putting talent around him.  I thought he made a great decision to leave.

Of course, this is a superstar league and LeBron alone is the difference between a bottomfeeder and contender.  Not surprisingly, they were horrible without him.  As soon as they landed Kyrie Irving the rumors began that LeBron might return now that his absence had helped them acquire talent.