Author Topic: LeBron James Outsmarted everybody  (Read 4431 times)

LeBron James Outsmarted everybody
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:18:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
if LeBron James had stayed in Cleveland the Cavs would have been in playoff purgatory without a chance to win the championship anytime soon. What he did was the ultimate collusion. He left his home team so they would suck and rebuild quickly without him while he won a couple of championships only to then return to a stacked team.

Absolutely brilliant.

Re: LeBron James Outsmarted everybody
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 11:26:47 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
All without going to college as well, street smarts baby. :D

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Eh, the Cavs aren't even benefiting from all those draft picks so much right now, except for Tristan Thompson.

The Eastern Conference is just very, very weak this year.  All of the teams that might have given Lebron trouble have been limited by injuries, and they weren't so great to begin with.

Luckily, the Warriors are a far superior team and should buzz saw through the Cavs so long as Curry, Bogut, and Dray stay healthy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 11:33:12 PM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
Eh, the Cavs aren't even benefiting from all those draft picks so much right now, except for Tristan Thompson.

The Eastern Conference is just very, very weak this year.  All of the teams that might have given Lebron trouble have been limited by injuries, and they weren't so great to begin with.

Luckily, the Warriors are a far superior team and should buzz saw through the Cavs so long as Curry, Bogut, and Dray stay healthy.
yeah kyrie irving has done nothing for that team
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 11:35:30 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Neither have those other two draft picks, Wiggins and Bennett.

Let's not even talk about the bum they were traded for...

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 12:01:19 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I mean, Kyrie has been good at times, but they haven't exactly needed him all that much.

JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, and Mozgov have been all Lebron has needed for support to this point, and he's cakewalking to the Finals.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 12:01:34 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
if LeBron James had stayed in Cleveland the Cavs would have been in playoff purgatory without a chance to win the championship anytime soon. What he did was the ultimate collusion. He left his home team so they would suck and rebuild quickly without him while he won a couple of championships only to then return to a stacked team.

Absolutely brilliant.

If James were brilliant he would have advised the Cavs to clear the books for 2010, and allow him to recruit. Instead he lobbied Ferry to bring in Jamison and lock up Mo Williams and Varjao, chewing up their capspace.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 12:10:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Will lose to GSW. Cavs have not stopped using their semi zone d

It wont work that great against a team like GSW who has Curry and Thompson

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 12:22:18 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
He demanded they give up wiggins, bennett, 1st, plus salary dump Zeller and Jack for Love. Nice move!

Love is walking and Wiggins is going to have a strong career. Bennett Zeller 1st would be nice to keep as well.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 12:28:06 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Cleveland beats GSW.

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 12:28:36 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Yeah but from LBJ's point of view who cares. He can always get some other star to come play with him. Just playing next to LBJ probably makes you a ton of money over a lifetime in endorsement deals because people now know you. Think of all the guys you can remember playing with MJ, would you know them if they played for the Clppers?

LBJ is so good he can be reckless. 

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 02:28:55 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Can't stand him but he is doing some great ish out there with all those average players. Gotta give him his cred.

All I can hope is GSW/Hous take him down in the finals. ATL is as good as swept. ATL easiest out for them so far. Such a disappointment, now I'm wishing Was made it out.

I stand by my statement, if we faced Cavs that Bulls did, we have a punchers chance to take them. Not having Love wasn't enough but a hobbled Kyrie  and no Smith 2 games added to it? We would have taken them to the wire at least! We faced a fresh and fully healthy Cavs team that beat us by 13 and 8 3 straight times. We banged them and took out 2 men and the Bulls still wilted. The dumb Hawks face the most run down version of all and WITH HOME COURT ADV. but it's not even a really close series! They made game 1 close at the end but Cavs let up after getting up to mid dbl figures.

I hate the EC! >:(
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 05:30:50 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Cleveland beats GSW.

If Lebron does that without Love and with a severely injured Kyrie, I will start to buy into the GOAT arguments.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 05:33:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He demanded they give up wiggins, bennett, 1st, plus salary dump Zeller and Jack for Love. Nice move!

Love is walking and Wiggins is going to have a strong career. Bennett Zeller 1st would be nice to keep as well.

They had to salary dump Zeller and Jack to clear the room to sign Lebron, not to trade for Love.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 07:24:23 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
but cleveland was just luck or the nba rigigng the lottery

as lebron didnt know that cleveland would get 3 no1 picks in 4 years
i mean that is pretty crazy

as well as 5 top 5 picks in 4 years (irving, thompson, waiter, bennett, wiggins) 

but he probably waited for ir by having the player option to opt out if the heat were not competitive anymore and if cleveland had gained some good young players