Author Topic: Does anyone actually believe the celtics are going to stay put at 16?  (Read 5341 times)

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i think we stay put if DA cant trade up

i dont really know if ainge would trade down

and dont know who he really  likes in the mid first round

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I agree, big drop off after 11. Need to move up to 9, Hornets have Vonleh and don't need another project big.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I really hope not.  The talent at 16 is less than interesting.  There seems to be a huge drop off after 11 or 12.  They already have a young, deep team full of role players.  They don't need more of that.  They need to move up or trade for better talent and they have the picks to make it happen.
And what would you trade to move up?  The 28 is virtually worthless and I'm not sure what our players would bring.  In other words, of players after 11 aren't good, would need to motivate and team near the top 10 to move back.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I really hope not.  The talent at 16 is less than interesting.  There seems to be a huge drop off after 11 or 12.  They already have a young, deep team full of role players.  They don't need more of that.  They need to move up or trade for better talent and they have the picks to make it happen.
And what would you trade to move up?  The 28 is virtually worthless and I'm not sure what our players would bring.  In other words, of players after 11 aren't good, would need to motivate and team near the top 10 to move back.

There's the first round picks from Dallas, Minnesota, Memphis, and two from Brooklyn plus our own future picks.  IT and Bradley have value.  I don't want to suggest what they should do as there are so many possibilities.  Any individual scenario I suggest is less than likely to happen, but there are enough plausible scenarios that I think there's a reasonable chance Ainge can pull something off.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I d say it's 100% chance Danny TRIES to swing some deal to move up.......he probably has a few trades up his sleeve .   Should picks fall certain ways.   

He watches with hand on the phone .

He ll most likely strike out and make no deals that night to move up .  I think success is slim, but not impossible .

Somehow I get the feeling he wants a deal for one of the 76's centers .....not sure how or when.....but I' positive he has an eye ball watching their situation.

Danny likes rolling the dice .......low risk high potential

Why I see him going for Upshaw.