Author Topic: If you want Love to Boston, are you rooting for Cavs victory in playoffs?  (Read 6324 times)

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Can't root for the Cavs.  Even though I dislike him, I respect LeBron and what he has been doing with a mediocre squad.  He deserves to win.  The Cavs franchise on the other hand does not.  In the case that Cavs win it all (which they won't, since they're going to lose to Golden State), all of the fans in Cleveland should send KO chocolates and thank you cards.

I'm not a believer in Love in the sense that he can't be the best player on a championship contending team.  Great offensive talent but not a two-way player.  That said, I'd welcome him on the C's.  He'd make us a better team.  But more so, he'd be a good asset in Ainge's arsenal.  Maybe he'll put up great numbers in some winning seasons in Boston and if we're not true contenders, we could trade him for another future top 3 pick.  Heck, he fetched Wiggins + another #1 pick in Bennett because the opportunity was there.  Maybe he would indeed attract other stars to Beantown.  The positives outweigh the negatives.

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I want Cleveland to loose, case closed.

The Cavs are just fine without Love, defense is better, rebounds are better, his points are being distributed through out the roster.
Rebounds are not better. Love is one of the best rebounders in the NBA.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Those are not mutually exclusive things. David Lee posted 20-10 when his team actually secured more rebounds when he was on the bench.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Ok, let's just run with the idea for a second...that is, Love leaving the Cavaliers.

Why?

What do we have to compare to Lebron and Irving right now?  Don't care if they aren't the best of friends, at this point, championships seem to be all that matters.

...but, if he leaves the Cavs, why would he choose us over LA?  Play with Olynyk or play with Kobe?  And if they can sign him, sign Rondo, and keep their #2 pick, that's a HUGE step towards relevancy, even in the West.

Last year, when we still had Rondo and Green...I was open to the thought of getting Love.  But now, he's part of a team that will likely be fighting for the championship, a teammate of arguably the best player in the NBA the last decade...and if that is not enough, he could leave and go to LA and be with one of the top 5 players of the last decade in Kobe...

Why in God's name would he even consider Boston at this point????

The Love Boat has sailed...Godspeed.  Time to look in other harbors.

Rak

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Ok, let's just run with the idea for a second...that is, Love leaving the Cavaliers.

Why?

What do we have to compare to Lebron and Irving right now?  Don't care if they aren't the best of friends, at this point, championships seem to be all that matters.

...but, if he leaves the Cavs, why would he choose us over LA?  Play with Olynyk or play with Kobe?  And if they can sign him, sign Rondo, and keep their #2 pick, that's a HUGE step towards relevancy, even in the West.

Last year, when we still had Rondo and Green...I was open to the thought of getting Love.  But now, he's part of a team that will likely be fighting for the championship, a teammate of arguably the best player in the NBA the last decade...and if that is not enough, he could leave and go to LA and be with one of the top 5 players of the last decade in Kobe...

Rak

I disagree with people who say that a Cav's championship would increase the chances of Love signing there.  For the following reasons:

--possible lowball offer from Cavs (why overpay a guy who's not essential?)
--If the Cavs win they are sure to retain Tristian Thompson.  Minutes crunch? 
--Having to share the spotlight and shot attempts with the big 2.
--Titles are nice but for a lot of players stats are cool too
--LA verses Cleveland

Agree completely that Love would choose LA over Boston.  Prediction:

Rondo, Clarkson
Kobe, Clarkson
D. Carrol, X
Love, Randle, Ed Davis
Okafor, Jordan Hill, Ed Davis

Way more shot attempts for Love and a good future too...Rondo Love Okafor Carrol Randle a great core post Kobe.  Need defensive center off the bench better than Jordan Hill

X:  backup SF could be Jarell Martin or Justin Anderson, something from pick 27.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
As Windhorst and Lowe point out on their podcast... everyone who is saying Love is leaving the Cavs also says he's going to the Lakers.

If my choice is Love sticking with Cleveland or Love going to the Lakers, I guess I'm fine with him staying with Cleveland.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Why?

Rak

I disagree with people who say that a Cav's championship would increase the chances of Love signing there.  For the following reasons:

--LA verses Cleveland

Rondo, Clarkson
Kobe, Clarkson
D. Carrol, X
Love, Randle, Ed Davis

Way more shot attempts for Love and a good future too...Rondo Love Okafor Carrol Randle a great core post Kobe.  Need defensive center off the bench better than Jordan Hill

X:  backup SF could be Jarell Martin or Justin Anderson, something from pick 27.

I imagine if they package Randle + Clarkson, they can probably get something substantial in a trade.   Probably wouldn't be too hard for them to get someone like Demar Derozan. 

PG - Rondo
SG - Kobe
SF - DeRozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor

Defensively questionable, but should be potent.

Cap jumps 20 mil the following year... with Kobe retiring, they'd have enough money to sign two more max dudes

PG - Rondo
SG - [Max Dude]
SF - Derozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor
6th man - [Max dude].

Then a year later the cap jumps another 20 mil... sign another max dude

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Why?

Rak

--LA verses Cleveland

Rondo, Clarkson
Kobe, Clarkson
D. Carrol, X
Love, Randle, Ed Davis

I imagine if they package Randle + Clarkson, they can probably get something substantial in a trade.   Probably wouldn't be too hard for them to get someone like Demar Derozan. 

PG - Rondo
SG - Kobe
SF - DeRozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor

Cap jumps 20 mil the following year... with Kobe retiring, they'd have enough money to sign two more max dudes

PG - Rondo
SG - [Max Dude]
SF - Derozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor
6th man - [Max dude].

That team would give up 160ppg
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Why?

Rak

--LA verses Cleveland

Rondo, Clarkson
Kobe, Clarkson
D. Carrol, X
Love, Randle, Ed Davis

PG - Rondo
SG - Kobe
SF - DeRozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor

PG - Rondo
SG - [Max Dude]
SF - Derozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor
6th man - [Max dude].

And score 161ppg?

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Why?

Rak

--LA verses Cleveland

Rondo, Clarkson
Kobe, Clarkson
D. Carrol, X
Love, Randle, Ed Davis

PG - Rondo
SG - Kobe
SF - DeRozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor

PG - Rondo
SG - [Max Dude]
SF - Derozan
PF - Love
C - Okafor
6th man - [Max dude].

And score 161ppg?

Haha! Yeah, I guess that would be the idea.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers