Author Topic: If you want Love to Boston, are you rooting for Cavs victory in playoffs?  (Read 6330 times)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm past the Love train, the guy is an injury waiting to happen. If Sully can shed his weight and solidify his 3 point shot, then he would be a carbon copy of Love.
Yeah I've been hearing that for 3 years now.  I hear if Glen Davis can shed his weight, he can be be a carbon copy of Larry Bird.

Usually fat players stay fat.

Yeah, I know that you practically had to take Sully at 21 in 2012, but by and large (no pun intended), I think it's best to stay away from guys with weight issues.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
1). How could any Celtic fan ever root for the Cavs, under any circumstances?

and

2). Who cares about Kevin Love, anymore, anyway?  Do not want.  Next ;D.

The Kevin Love hate never ceases to amaze me on Celtics Blog.

Like we have anyone on the team right now that's as good as Love.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

and

1).  I legitimately don't mind if the Cavs win.   I have nothing but respect for LeBron.  It would be a cool story.

2).  I care.  Kevin Love would be huge here.  You can build a contender around him... but I still think he's more likely to go to the Lakers.

Agreed a million times!

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

and

The Kevin Love hate never ceases to amaze me on Celtics Blog.

Like we have anyone on the team right now that's as good as Love.

I agree completely. I'm going to say this on this blog for about the 5th time:

Kevin Love, with his "garbage, career-worse stats" this year, would have led the Celtics in per-game scoring and rebounding while being second on the team in assists per game. And can his defense really be that much worse than Sullinger's or Olynyk's?

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I'm past the Love train, the guy is an injury waiting to happen. If Sully can shed his weight and solidify his 3 point shot, then he would be a carbon copy of Love.
Yeah I've been hearing that for 3 years now.  I hear if Glen Davis can shed his weight, he can be be a carbon copy of Larry Bird.

Sully and Olynyk can be in their 70s, and we'll still be reading about how they're primed for a "break out season."

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I don't really care who wins but I would like Love and all other decent cavs FAs to opt out or not resign. It only helps us the more good FAs are out there. Maybe LAL get Love but they otherwise would have gotten someone else and it sets off a chain reaction where we end up with someone better than we would have otherwise gotten.

If the Cavs can win without Love, it would be pretty humiliating if they lost next year with him. That could be a scare little thought in the back of Love's head. But at the end of the day, bigger things, like if Love likes being in CLE will be more important.

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
Yeah, the dislike of Kevin Love is pretty nuts. He didn't choose to break our hearts last summer. He doesn't solve all of our problems but he does solve a big one: scoring.

Zeller/KO
Love/Sully
Crowder/Turner
AB/Young
Smart/IT

Still needs work but it would be a big upgrade.

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

and

1).  I legitimately don't mind if the Cavs win.   I have nothing but respect for LeBron.  It would be a cool story.

2).  I care.  Kevin Love would be huge here.  You can build a contender around him... but I still think he's more likely to go to the Lakers.

What is "cool" about his story? The steroids abuse facial structure he has grown? (Huge ridge on his forehead, benign tumor removed from jaw, and massive weight loss from his "advanced paleo diet")  The easiest path to the finals in recent memory?  The league handing CLE 3 #1 picks (in 4 years!!!!!) to facilitate this marketing dream? Every call going LeFraud's way?  Maybe you like his impact on the game, like how you can take 3 steps now and it's not a travel, or his patented "drop the shoulder and plow through IT3 sized players, while being completely exempt of fouling?  Or the fact that ****g J R Smith (one of the biggest DB's in all of sports, and two weeks ago the dirtiest player in the NBA) could be getting a ring?  Or maybe you liked them sweeping us, while taking out our players like hired hitmen. Or maybe you like that nobody foreign point guard that has carried the team (and LeFraud) on a few occasions. Yay! Shawn Marion will finally get his ring!  How deserving! And....Cool!

I don't get it.  Sarcasm?  Did an NBA marketing robot take over your CB account?  Have you died and gone zombie NBA fan? Does David Stern have you held hostage with Adam Silver writing your posts?

The only "good story" left in the playoffs is GSW and their MVP/historic season, and I cannot wait for LeFraud to lose and bring back crybaby face.

PS- the huge moon face ridge on his forehead is from massive water retention over the years, (common with long term steroid abusers), and I'm willing to bet LeFraud was told to stop juicing by the league because the physical signs were too obvious, and eventually he would have grown a separate head with its own ego, twitter account, endorsements, and teams of ESPN idiots advertising what we've all become "witness to."

Sorry for the rant, but it's sad to see a Celtics fan wave the flag to LeFraud (a k.a NBA marketing) like all the GM's in the east that helped build this monster through trades. Cough, cough, Danny....

OP- Love Def more likely to stay if they win.  He'll have "that fire" that only comes from contributing to a winning championship run.  Oh, wait; he didn't really do anything in the playoffs.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yeah, the dislike of Kevin Love is pretty nuts. He didn't choose to break our hearts last summer. He doesn't solve all of our problems but he does solve a big one: scoring

This is true,   but he makes our D worse.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I want Cleveland to loose, case closed.

The Cavs are just fine without Love, defense is better, rebounds are better, his points are being distributed through out the roster.

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
Yeah, the dislike of Kevin Love is pretty nuts. He didn't choose to break our hearts last summer. He doesn't solve all of our problems but he does solve a big one: scoring

This is true,   but he makes our D worse.

True but Smart, AB and Crowder are all above average on D and average at best at O. We'd need a upgrade at the 5 but we'd be better overall than we are now. I can't see Danny not signing him if he would sign here.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Sully and Olynyk can be in their 70s, and we'll still be reading about how they're primed for a "break out season."
And if we draft Upshaw he won't behave like Upshaw.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think the longer these playoffs go on, the more money Tristan Thompson is going to get. I think if Love sees Thompson, a player who essentially plays the same position as him get big money, he is less likely to stick around.

Then again I don't need to root, for the Cavs they are going to steamroll an injured Atlanta team with or without my help.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Never root for the Cavs and I am from Ohio.

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Koufos love in free agency pls..  do not care about cavs