Author Topic: Rodnae Hollis-Jefferson  (Read 7955 times)

Re: Rodnae Hollis-Jefferson
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I don't blame Rondae and his people for making a video that attempts to make it look like he can shoot.

Despite their best efforts, that shot still looks busted.

Yeah. Even to my untrained eye, there's a hitch.

But then MKG's hitch got fixed and that was horrific.

I don't know if Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's hitch got fixed or not, but I do know that so far he's shot .167 from three point range over the course of his NBA career.

Apparently his mid range is a lot better. Apparently.
This is true. When I watched him play the celtics, we gave him the midrange shot all game and he drained it. No 3pt shot, but he does have a nice midrange shot.

On two point shot attempts from 10 feet out to the three point line.

12-13 = 58 makes out of 203 attempts for 28.6% FG% in 2000 minutes
13-14 = 28 makes out of 93 attempts for 30.1% FG% in 1500 minutes
14-15 = 70 makes out of 177 attempts for 39.5% FG% in 1600 minutes
That proves my point that he's getting better.
how does this show he improved over time, and especially recently?  ???
28.6%, 30.1%, 39.5%? He is continuing to get better obviously, improving his midrange percent by over ten percent since he came out.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I don't blame Rondae and his people for making a video that attempts to make it look like he can shoot.

Despite their best efforts, that shot still looks busted.

Yeah. Even to my untrained eye, there's a hitch.

But then MKG's hitch got fixed and that was horrific.

I don't know if Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's hitch got fixed or not, but I do know that so far he's shot .167 from three point range over the course of his NBA career.

Apparently his mid range is a lot better. Apparently.
This is true. When I watched him play the celtics, we gave him the midrange shot all game and he drained it. No 3pt shot, but he does have a nice midrange shot.

On two point shot attempts from 10 feet out to the three point line.

12-13 = 58 makes out of 203 attempts for 28.6% FG% in 2000 minutes
13-14 = 28 makes out of 93 attempts for 30.1% FG% in 1500 minutes
14-15 = 70 makes out of 177 attempts for 39.5% FG% in 1600 minutes
That proves my point that he's getting better.
how does this show he improved over time, and especially recently?  ???
28.6%, 30.1%, 39.5%? He is continuing to get better obviously, improving his midrange percent by over ten percent since he came out.
ok i see now. i was thinking that 39.5% stinks, not thinking it is better than 28.6%. i see the improvement and your point, but it still stinks.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 06:31:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I just don't see the wisdom in using a first round draft pick on a wing player who might not have any jumpshot to speak of, not considering where the league is headed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 07:46:57 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
It's a shame he is a bad shooter because he is good at literally everything else. He is a great defender and can drive and finish at the rim. He can draw fouls and get to the free throw line. He is not a bad free throw shooter. If he could be average at shooting threes he would be a great pro. If we really believe we could fix his shot I would pick him at 16 and if not I would pick him at 28 anyway although he probably won't drop that far.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I would rather just see the C's draft Anderson. Will RHJ be as food of a shooter as Anderson at the same age? I doubt it...I think Anderson has little bust potential. He will probably never be a starter (can't put the ball on the floor) but he can play defense and shoot. There is a place for players like that in the league.

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 08:30:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I just don't see the wisdom in using a first round draft pick on a wing player who might not have any jumpshot to speak of, not considering where the league is headed.

Has it ever been wise to take a guard/wing who can't shoot, lol ;D? To be fair, I'm thinking less of someone like Jason Kidd or Rondo (who are the exceptions and not the rule, imo), and more of a guy like Tony Allen.

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 10:52:55 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
perhaps the OP should have continued reading the draft express analysis of RHJ. here is what appears later on, dated april 1, 2015:

...(H)e isn't much of a jump shooter, as his inconsistent form prevents him from being reliable from any kind of range at this point in his career. He made just six of 29 three point attempts this season (20.7%), the lowest among small forwards in our top-100 rankings and just 36.3% of all jump shots....

color me doubtful that he could have fixed his jumpshot since april 1st. he is a great defender though.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3avxlcYXZ

Actually I do know how bad of a shooter he was in college and that's why I was surprised at how many shots he was hitting in a row, albeit in practice. Also you can tell they're in a row because it would be edited a lot more like Sam Dekker's if you guys have seen that on Cityleaguetv's channel.

You talkin' 'bout practice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQIjJbY2m0

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2015, 04:33:13 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
RHJ reminds me of Tony Allen.  A potential lockdown defender at the NBA level.  I'm not sure his offense will justify his presence on the floor as a starter though.  And if we're picking with #16, I'd hope we're trying to obtain a future starter there.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Rondae-Hollis-Jefferson-6466/